Via T Toll Card !!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Does anyone know where we buy this & how much it costs ? 

Someone in another forum who lives in the CB said she thought she heard on the radio you could buy a card for 30€  that lasted for a year.

As we paid just under 9€ to travel from Murcia to Aquilas & almost 12€ from Vera to Murcia in June it would be a good buy to have one if we use it twice a year. Maybe just for commercial vehicles , any comments ?

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 3:15 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar
Hi More
I have one of these - they are superb. However, the 30euro mentioned is probably just a deposit.
Mine cost 20 euro from my bank (Banco de San Fernando), and I received it within a week of ordering it. It's a little gadget which you attach to your windscreen just under your rear view mirror.
Basically each time you go through the toll your bank account is debited.
If you use it more than 30 times a month (as I do) you get a discount. It is very quick, and you can avoid the queues.
Ask at your local bank for more details - I believe they are trying very hard to push them at the moment.
The website for CDS is www.autopistadelsol.com although I cannot find one for CB.
'Hope this helps anyway .....?

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 3:18 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Ah, not what we want then, thanks Buzylizzie.

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 3:22 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar
I have been told that it will work on all toll roads in Spain - the toll company operating doesn't make much difference - basically as long as it's issued by your bank it should work all over Spain...

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 3:44 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
I've just been emailing Jacqui on here (J&N) & she found  THIS

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 5:13 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
The card is normally available for FREE from your bank.  It works on any toll road in Spain and it works out cheaper (and faster) than paying by cash or card.

I have one and couldn't live without it!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 5:35 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Oooooo Buzylizzie, you've been had !!! A big   for YOUR bank !

Like 0      
08 Aug 2008 12:40 AM by Holitots Star rating in orihuela costa. 13 posts Send private message

how much discount do you get iif you use it a lot, just with the rdworks on the 332 i am using the tolls a little more to avoid the traffic, although i do avoid them still when i can or i woudl have to pay a fortune ou being up and down the coast all day

Like 0      
08 Aug 2008 8:36 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

These cards are used a lot in the states but I would imagine would only be worth using in Spain if you were a daily commuter on the AP7?  

As there are only two tolls on this road on way to airport would it be cost effective, as you say they can be easily avoided if you know how.

May be worth talking to your Bank to see how quickly you receive the discounts stated in link.

Like 0      
08 Aug 2008 10:29 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Seeing as it's free it's worth having, in my opinion.

More info and discounts shown on the official site

http://www.viat.es

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
17 Aug 2008 6:08 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar
all of the banks charge an anual fee accordibg to that site

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hi from me. - 2 posts
Legal rentals. - 4 posts
Rock Climbing in Manilva - 13 posts
fuel charges - 3 posts
Few Household Things (moving back to UK) - 0 posts
SOMEONE PLS HELP ME IM DESPERATE! - 2 posts
earthquake - 21 posts
Delayed Completion - 2 posts
ADVERTS ON EYEONSPAIN - 1 posts
need somewhere to stay?? - 7 posts
advice please? installing sky dishes - 10 posts
Wanted: Air con installer & electrician for quotes (Algorfa/Quesada are) - 6 posts
NIE Spanish consulate London - 0 posts
"The Venue", a great night out (by El Raso urb, along the CV895 from N332 to Quesada, Costa Blanca) - 0 posts
Dedicated to our wonderful Maria de Castro who helps so many realise their dreams. Please convey your thanks here. - 26 posts
EXTRA TAXES TO COMPENSATE THE JUNTA? - 3 posts
Hi from Fuerteventura ! - 0 posts
WANTED : cot and high chair - 4 posts
Duja/Michael Hone - 3 posts
I.B.I. Taxes Estepona - 4 posts
Hi, Just introducing ourselves, Andrew and Denise from Essex. - 1 posts
Best credit cards for overseas use - 1 posts
From The Mail Online - 0 posts
Nationwide account - 1 posts
You could lose your mobile phone number PLEASE READ - 30 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x