need somewhere to stay??

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar
As some people on the Forum know, I am in the process of buying this all singing, dancing, wizzbang scooter. 

It has to have Matriculation done, obviously.

My question is, I am doing the deal with the shop in San Miguel, Alicante but I live in Santiago de la Ribera, Murcia.

Does the Matriculation have to be done in the province of residency?

Apart from me, I think only Alicante province residents have purchased these scooters so far?

Thanks for any information anybody can give.

pilgrim

Like 0      
09 Aug 2008 2:44 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Hello there, can,t speak for a whizzy scooter but we bought our Ford Fiesta from main agent in Elche and we also live in Murcia. It didn´t cause a problem for us.
Jean

Like 0      
09 Aug 2008 5:59 PM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar
Thank you for the response ayrez.

Maybe the info. I was given was "flowered" for effect, as so many things are here in Spain?

I shall relax, thanks again.

pilgrim

Like 0      
09 Aug 2008 6:37 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Glad to help. I would expect your vendor  to arrange everything for you. All we had to do was show a copy of resedencia. Same thing happened when we bought my car 2nd hand from a main dealer. Your other option is to use a gestor. It will save you the nightmare that is trafico.
Jean

Like 0      
09 Aug 2008 7:00 PM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar
Yes, they are arranging everything but the company is new to Spain and finding their way, so to speak.

The scooter matriculation was done in Orehuela but as you say, that does not appear to present a problem.

They have employed the services of an Abogado to assist them as well.

They are nice people and I have become a sort of friend to them.

pilgrim

Like 0      
09 Mar 2012 12:11 AM by mojito Star rating in Cupar Fife / San Jua.... 268 posts Send private message

We were hoping to buy a couple of second handscooters or mopeds to use while we visited and leave them locked up.  Is there no way we can have them unless we are residents?

Jo and Jim

Like 0      
09 Mar 2012 10:45 AM by costa.del.sky Star rating. 97 posts Send private message

You dont have to be a resident but you do need to have an NIE number.

Like 0      
09 Mar 2012 12:21 PM by mojito Star rating in Cupar Fife / San Jua.... 268 posts Send private message

Brilliant, we've had a look around Aguilas but even second-hand ones are quite expensive.  Is there a good place to look?

Jo and Jim

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

advice please? installing sky dishes - 10 posts
Wanted: Air con installer & electrician for quotes (Algorfa/Quesada are) - 6 posts
NIE Spanish consulate London - 0 posts
"The Venue", a great night out (by El Raso urb, along the CV895 from N332 to Quesada, Costa Blanca) - 0 posts
Dedicated to our wonderful Maria de Castro who helps so many realise their dreams. Please convey your thanks here. - 26 posts
EXTRA TAXES TO COMPENSATE THE JUNTA? - 3 posts
Hi from Fuerteventura ! - 0 posts
WANTED : cot and high chair - 4 posts
Duja/Michael Hone - 3 posts
I.B.I. Taxes Estepona - 4 posts
Hi, Just introducing ourselves, Andrew and Denise from Essex. - 1 posts
Best credit cards for overseas use - 1 posts
From The Mail Online - 0 posts
Nationwide account - 1 posts
You could lose your mobile phone number PLEASE READ - 30 posts
Fortuna Golf Gardens, Murcia - 4 posts
Getting a phone lilne - 31 posts
Becky - 2 posts
Celebs........ - 0 posts
One phase completion + the new road - 2 posts
fuel pump - 3 posts
Refunds from Polaris World - 63 posts
New Spanish Law..postmen don't have to deliver? - 22 posts
Selling a business in tenerife - 0 posts
Post box - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x