lights

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by cautious Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi. I'm 63, infact nearly 64. My partner is 66. I am due for retirement in September 2009.
I am being very cautious about the future. My plan is to let out my home in the U.K. and rent in Spain with the proceeds.
Are there similar people who can offer us advice and who would offer us the benefit of their experiences.
Thank you

Like 0      
29 Jul 2008 8:27 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
If you are renting in Spain I would advise you to:

- submitt your contract to arbitration rather than Courts,
- sign a rental contract for a " home"  ( so you can enjoy automatic extensions which will provide permanency to you and your family) 
- to add a clause for an option to purchase, as whithin 3, 5 years  you will have the oportunity to decide if you want/ do not want to buty the house.

My best wishes and keep the caution... it is always advisable is life... even in what looks like the " easy situations"

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
04 Aug 2008 7:55 AM by cautious Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Thank you very much for your reply.

Would you please explain in more detail what each of the advice you offer means.

I have read so many articles about living in Spain and I know there will be procedures to follow.

If, for example, we said we would like to live in Spain for 6 months what exactly does Spanish law require us to have to avoid any problems in the future.

I hope you will reply to my email.

Regards,

Jeff

Like 0      
04 Aug 2008 1:55 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

If you are going to stay in Spain for 6 months or more then you will have to apply for residencia.

Where abouts are you planning to rent?

Read the threads of Living in Spain on this site, they should answer some of your questions.

Your original question seemed to imply that you would be living in Spain for some time and that's why Maria answered with suggestions for helping to make your rental contract secure.

Don't be afraid of writing a long thread as those with experience will be able to answer all the relevant questions.

Like 0      
04 Aug 2008 10:56 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Thanks Semijubilada. That is the answer

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Tonight with Trevor Macdonald - 11 posts
Marbella Occupancy Licences - 0 posts
Beginners on Renting!! - 1 posts
Screwed by a Brit - 64 posts
A new beginning (here's hoping !) - 2 posts
Which Removal Company? - 4 posts
Hoax Virus E-Mail Message - 3 posts
Shocking news: My hometown's Grand Pier burnt down earlier today. - 16 posts
Correct Spanish Address. - 7 posts
hello - 0 posts
If I cant sell - can I walk away without Spainsh bank coming after me in UK? - 7 posts
move to spain - 1 posts
When can you activate a BG? - 9 posts
Sailing Fees and Licenses for Sea and Fresh Water - 3 posts
Breaking ins - 2 posts
Great British Services Sat TV ? - 0 posts
A New Hello From us.... - 3 posts
TV IN COX ALICANTE HELP PLEASE - 3 posts
Jazzymike new member - 1 posts
aguilas dunas de cope - 1 posts
Rose and Thistle Pub, San Cayetano - 1 posts
Possible problem with our new community. - 11 posts
Ian's barber shop - 13 posts
Selling in the UK - 14 posts
Hayley - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x