When can you activate a BG?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by Millwall Star rating in Manilva, Costa Del S.... 82 posts Send private message

I have been told that the development I have invested in has had the completion date put back 9 months which will break the original contract  completion date. Can I make an application for the BG now or do I have to wait until the original completion date has past?

Like 0      
28 Jul 2008 10:54 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
You need to wait till the original completion date is past.
Best,
Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
28 Jul 2008 6:01 PM by Millwall Star rating in Manilva, Costa Del S.... 82 posts Send private message

That seems a shame as that money is now dead money for another year at least. Money that could have been re-invested.

Like 0      
28 Jul 2008 11:05 PM by cbrammeld Star rating. 172 posts Send private message

Hi Maria

If Millwall has to wait until after the completion date is past to present his bank guarantee, when can he demand compensation (price reduction or cash back) from the builder? If he still wants to go ahead with the purchase that is.
Should he see the builder now or wait until after the original completion date?
eg give me compensation or I will cancel.

Colin

Like 0      
29 Jul 2008 8:41 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Dear Colin and Millwall:

Please have answers below in bold green ( same text of your messages):

Hi Maria

If Millwall has to wait until after the completion date is past to present his bank guarantee, when can he demand compensation (price reduction or cash back) from the builder? If he still wants to go ahead with the purchase that is. Once that completion deadline is past too.
Should he see the builder now or wait until after the original completion date? I would advise her to wait till completion deadline is past ( as there will be a breach of contract  by developers then) and make a strong petition then, with all the rights at hand.  What I would certainly advise you to ask for now under the " give me or I will cancel" is for the Bank Guarantee.
eg give me compensation or I will cancel.

Colin
Millwall

28 Jul 2008 6:01 PM

That seems a shame as that money is now dead money for another year at least. Money that could have been re-invested.  Legal money Interests during this period  will be in your favour then. 

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
29 Jul 2008 11:24 AM by cbrammeld Star rating. 172 posts Send private message

Hola Maria

All your replies mention how important the Bank Guarantee is and why the developer should give the purchaser the BG and it should be free. You also mention about planning and building licences. Actually you mention so many obstacles to a hassle free purchase I can not remember them all. Many solicitors in Spain (as in the UK) do not do full checks on the property/land that is being purchased and do not give satisfactory advice. Due diligence is left to the purchaser who does not have the skills to ask the correct questions.
Could you compile a list of questions we purchasers could ask our solicitor when purchasing a property.
for example on BG you mentioned:-
expiry date
amount of BG
what bank issue it
are the purchaser names on the BG

You give so much excellent advice through the EOS website, perhaps a top tips guide on purchasing a property from a solicitor, instead of a developer/agent, would be usefull for everyone.

Many thanks for your advice
Colin

Like 0      
29 Jul 2008 1:46 PM by brindang Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

We did have a bank guarantee and instructed our solicitor to execute it in March as it was due to expire in April.  Our solicitor failed to execute the bank guarantee and now we are left without one.  We feel our solicitor has been negligent.  Has anybody had a similar experience with a solicitor?  What action did you take?

Like 0      
29 Jul 2008 3:20 PM by Millwall Star rating in Manilva, Costa Del S.... 82 posts Send private message

Maria,

Re what you said in Colin's message: "What I would certainly advise you to ask for now under the " give me or I will cancel" is for the Bank Guarantee. "

I don't understand does that mean that I can get it back now?

Like 0      
31 Jul 2008 7:58 AM by Millwall Star rating in Manilva, Costa Del S.... 82 posts Send private message

Maria
An I allowed to cancel contract without losing my deposit.?

Like 0      
31 Jul 2008 8:52 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

31 Jul 2008 7:58 AM

Millwall
Star rating
Parcela

I've made 6 posts

Send private message to Millwall

Dear  you all:

Please have answers below in bold orange ( same text of your email):

Maria
An I allowed to cancel contract without losing my deposit.? Yes if they are on breach of contract or are consistently and repeatedly ( two petitions without result suffice) asking for your Bank Guarantee without any success.

Spam post? If so please click here to report it

29 Jul 2008 3:20 PM

Millwall
Star rating
Parcela

I've made 6 posts

Send private message to Millwall

Maria,

Re what you said in Colin's message: "What I would certainly advise you to ask for now under the " give me or I will cancel" is for the Bank Guarantee. "

I don't understand does that mean that I can get it back now? I mean that, if after a couple of documented ( in written) requests, they do not give to you the Bank Guarantee, you can ask the Judge to cancel your contract ( thers is case Law which backs it).

29 Jul 2008 1:46 PM

brindang
Star rating
Parcela

I've made 4 posts

Send private message to brindang

We did have a bank guarantee and instructed our solicitor to execute it in March as it was due to expire in April.  Our solicitor failed to execute the bank guarantee and now we are left without one.  We feel our solicitor has been negligent.  Has anybody had a similar experience with a solicitor?  What action did you take? Bank Guarantees do not expire, if the expiration date is written in your contract, that clause is null and void as illegal: abusive: according to Contract and Consumers Law. I would recommend you to change solicitors and execute it again.

29 Jul 2008 11:24 AM

cbrammeld
Star rating
Studio

I've made 40 posts

Send private message to cbrammeld

Hola Maria

All your replies mention how important the Bank Guarantee is and why the developer should give the purchaser the BG and it should be free. You also mention about planning and building licences. Actually you mention so many obstacles to a hassle free purchase I can not remember them all. Many solicitors in Spain (as in the UK) do not do full checks on the property/land that is being purchased and do not give satisfactory advice. Due diligence is left to the purchaser who does not have the skills to ask the correct questions.
Could you compile a list of questions we purchasers could ask our solicitor when purchasing a property. Of course we can. Please give me a couple of weeks and we will send it to Justin. 
for example on BG you mentioned:-
expiry date
amount of BG
what bank issue it
are the purchaser names on the BG

You give so much excellent advice through the EOS website, perhaps a top tips guide on purchasing a property from a solicitor, instead of a developer/agent, would be usefull for everyone.

Many thanks for your advice
Colin

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Sailing Fees and Licenses for Sea and Fresh Water - 3 posts
Breaking ins - 2 posts
Great British Services Sat TV ? - 0 posts
A New Hello From us.... - 3 posts
TV IN COX ALICANTE HELP PLEASE - 3 posts
Jazzymike new member - 1 posts
aguilas dunas de cope - 1 posts
Rose and Thistle Pub, San Cayetano - 1 posts
Possible problem with our new community. - 11 posts
Ian's barber shop - 13 posts
Selling in the UK - 14 posts
Hayley - 7 posts
Clubs with pool in Barcelona? - 2 posts
Bank reposessions - 2 posts
Email and letters - 4 posts
Short Terms Rentals in Costa Del Sol - 15 posts
how do you chat or reply to messages you read - 1 posts
http://www.costa-action.co.uk/ - 1 posts
Conflict in the Community - 46 posts
Change your UK bank to Alliance & Leicester Premier current a/c, get £100 & free annual European travel insurance. - 0 posts
£19 Travelodge rooms in the UK ALSO 10€ Travelodge rooms IN SPAIN, check it out ! - 0 posts
Buying a spanish car - 5 posts
Jack Russell breeders in Spain - 2 posts
Hello new on here - 3 posts
Castilla la Mancha - 37 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x