Mores wedding anniversary...congrats

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by tricia52 Star rating in Dublin. 277 posts Send private message

Hi More, was looking at Veranda Agua forum and saw your message re your wedding anniversary today, many congratulations, and heres to many more.
Wow thats a long time...you both must be doing something right!!!!

Just wanted to mark the occassion on the forum for such an active contributor...

Enjoy your day.

Tricia

Like 0      
10 Jul 2008 2:22 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Tricia, that was really kind of you. Marking the occasion by ... going to Asda shopping.

Can't drink as I'm collecting my moped later, with luck, after its MOT.

I posted in the bucket thread earlier too.

Like 0      
10 Jul 2008 2:29 PM by tricia52 Star rating in Dublin. 277 posts Send private message

Ahhhhhhhh.... 

You welcome, hope you have many more happy anniversarys to celebrate. 

Tricia

Like 0      
10 Jul 2008 3:15 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
To More and Chris.................

I'll Send Chris's medal later !!!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
10 Jul 2008 4:19 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
More, you've been married longer than I've been alive!!

Congrats to you both.  Here's to the next 37 years

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
10 Jul 2008 5:04 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Great sideburns Chris - Justin stop trying to tell people how young you are - even if you dont look it!!

Many many congratulations to you both More - Hope you have a great day - even if it was spent at Asda saving a few coppers with Asda Price!!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
10 Jul 2008 9:42 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Congratulation More, hope you have had a nice day.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
10 Jul 2008 10:00 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

CONGRATULATIONS MORE AND CHRIS,  Hope their is many more to come.     Chris you should have that medal Karensun promised. only joking,  Have a drink on us Pat and Roy

Like 0      
10 Jul 2008 11:05 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Thank you one & all.

We've just had a balti followed by strawberries & fancy icecream with marshmallows in it, yummy.  Washed down by a bottle of vino tinto @ NOT vino tinto price

Like 0      
10 Jul 2008 11:40 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Congratulations to you both and well done!. We 'celebrated' our 37th anniversay 1,000 miles apart on 3rd July  (OH has to work away to keep me in  a manner I'd like to become used to) but still feel it's quite an achievement.  I sometimes wonder whether we've done it to spite each other...!!!! Only joking,  he's worked away for over 30 years, must have been something I said.....but I love him to bits. 37 years is a long time ago isn't it? I tell everyone I was a child bride. Hmm........

Poppyseed

Like 0      
10 Jul 2008 11:58 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Poppyseed. Congrats then to you too for yours. 

Many of our friends who married around the same time as us have split up, sadly (some are now on their 2nd or 3rd marriage, personally I couldn't be bothered to train another husband ) so it is certainly an achievement. Hard work is something many don't seem to want to do re marriage & it is hard work but rewarding mostly, in our case anyway. (Though he does so infuriate me at times too.)

Like 0      
11 Jul 2008 1:08 AM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Hi More, completely agree about the re-training, couldn't manage to train the first one :)....!  but you are right, it is hard work, takes a lot of stamina and commitment,  but also has lots of rewards. I suspect we're a dying breed.  Here's to many more eh...oh god I'm weary at the thought.  No really folks, 37 years, it's great, honestly.........................................................................................................................................................

Poppyseed

Like 0      
11 Jul 2008 10:36 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Jeeze I've just realised that some of my friends will be celebrating their 37th wedding anniversaries this year.  Where has the time gone!!!!

Seems like only yesterday that I was standing in the bridesmaids dress, a vision in Lemon (yuk)

Two are still married but only one happily.

We will be celebrating our 12th on 19th (late starters), it's also my birthday and where is my beloved taking me.  Monkey World in Dorset. and I'm pleased as punch.  I've been watching the programme on Animal Planet for a couple of years now so I'm really looking forward to the trip and praying that the weather improves.

Like 0      
11 Jul 2008 11:53 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Awww, semi, Monkey World.

http://www.monkeyworld.co.uk/main.php 

I'd love to see that. (Adults £10.50, can manage that on OH's pension. ) We've been watching the programmes too & were so upset to learn that Jim Cronin had died.

Jim founded Monkey World which he and his wife, Alison, built from a small refuge to a 65 acre wildlife park that is home to more than 160 rescued primates of 16 different species and is rated as one of the most popular family destinations in England. 

We have friends living in Wareham so could visit them too. 

Only 12 years for you pair of luvvers ?  I want to see lots more hand holding in future. (If I have to do it, so do you, too). Congratulations for 19th from us both. Enjoy your day with the monkeys.

Like 0      
11 Jul 2008 3:38 PM by Gypsy Star rating in south shields/formen.... 206 posts Send private message

Gypsy´s avatar

Hi More.
just seen your post so belated CONGRATULATIONS on you
anniversary. Yes 37 years is a long time BUT  i will be
celebrating my ruby wedding next year!! Hopefully with a
lovely cruise if we have enough pennies in the bank by then.

GYPSY

Like 0      
11 Jul 2008 3:48 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
 Gypsy, your RUBY, that's 40 !!! That'll be something to celebrate.  I think I'd quite like a cruise too for our 40th. Only time I've cruised is when dad & mum brought my younger sister Jean & I, as teens, from Cyprus where dad had been working as a civvy attached to the army. We cruised from Cyprus to Italy (Genoa) on a Greek liner calling at a few ports then continued by train. Quite an experience. I was 16.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

SO MUCH doom and gloom (sadly) on forum lately, don't you think ? - 1 posts
WARNING - VALLEY ROMANO COMPLEX (FOOTBALL VILLAGE) - 16 posts
This is a question for Maria de Castro - Purchase of Off-Plan house. - 3 posts
Just completing on the Veranda complex in Playa Vera and need some info. on the area - 6 posts
Please send me your stories about relocating to/retiring in Spain! - 0 posts
Basic House / Apartment question - 2 posts
Jewels50 - 7 posts
Accident at Calahonda - 4 posts
Euro MPs get tough on airline ads - 12 posts
Alpha-Omega British school - 2 posts
Cogilcodos is in bankruptcy. - 1 posts
BAYLINER 175 BOWRIDER 2004 - 9 posts
Free to Air Satellite TV - 5 posts
Baby's Hostage Crisis at a Costa Blanca clinic - 0 posts
Be on your guard - 14 posts
Completion at los altos de la pedrera bigastro - 3 posts
Phoning Uk mobile in spain from UK mobile - 32 posts
Running groups?. . - 3 posts
Justin The Meeting in Sabinillas on Friday 11th at 7.00pm - 9 posts
business loans in spain - 2 posts
Business bank accounts - 1 posts
Parador Properties: Voluntary Administration - 1 posts
text of letter to register claim re Jumilla - 1 posts
Property management Campos de Guadalmina San Pedro. - 1 posts
More's Blog - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x