Contacts needed for builders / plumbers / electricians inland Murcia

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by sheenaEW Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi everyone

My name is Sheena and with my husband, Alan, we have spent the last 3 years trying to get our builders and all involved to complete our house near Barranda, near Caravaca de la Cruz. No mean feat when we're in the UK, speak very little Spanish and the builders don't speak any English, with a project manager supposed to be acting in our interests who has disappeared on the horizon with his share of the proceeds!

We signed for the house in February, still don't have the certificate of habitation, so no water or electricity, and have a snagging list as long as my arm. I am struggling to get the builder to come back and sort out the snagging, but feel that eventually, we may have to draw a line under it and get someone else in to finish off.

I wanted to ask does anyone have any contacts in the trades for general building, plumbing or electricians that are either english-speaking or ex-pat in the Caravaca area. 

I just want to put the bad stuff behind me and get on with enjoying our home in Spain! Look forward to hearing from you. Many thanks

Like 0      
08 Jul 2008 9:38 AM by bev wild Star rating in Balsicas,Murcia. 8 posts Send private message

Hi Sheena and Alan, 
My husband and myself live about half an hour away from your property in balsicas murcia, we know reputable builders,plumbers ,electricians etc. My husband is a tiler and plasterer .If you would like more information please P.M. me, I am so sorry to hear that your builder has done that to you, but like I say feel free to ask more, the trades people we know work on reputation !
P.S. All the people I have mentioned speak english and Ex-pat´s.
I hope thing´s work out for you
Kind regards Bev Wild

Like 0      
26 Sep 2008 7:55 AM by WillClarke Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hello,

I also know a really good builder, really reliable and with rally reasonable quotes.
If you want me to give you his details, don't hesitate to ask me. 

Like 0      
26 Sep 2008 11:05 AM by sheenaEW Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thanks to all who have replied. I am still in discussion with the builders...they have fixed some of the snags but we still have a few things to be resolved. We are back out in November when he assures me all will be finished (if I had a euro for every time they had said that...). However, all contacts gratefully received as I'm sure we will never see them again after November.

Best wishes
Sheena

Like 0      
26 Sep 2008 5:07 PM by twinmummy Star rating in Formentera del segur.... 82 posts Send private message

Hi Sheena,

If you need any quotes for any type of metal work please dont hesitate to contact us, Take a look at our website............

Many thanks Twinmummy

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Who lives in Block 4 Apartment No.9 1st Floor?? - 2 posts
Motocross practice tracks near to villa martin - 2 posts
20" case £6.97 suitable as hand luggage on offer at Argos only till tomorrow close (8th July) - 22 posts
Ciudad Quesada Estate Agents - 1 posts
Playa Blanca - Lanzarote - Estate Agents? - 0 posts
Medsea Estates - 1 posts
Vista Bahia - 3 posts
Holiday lets - 5 posts
getting a deposit back from a car dealer - 10 posts
Maternity pay and moving to Spain? - 9 posts
Language used in Owners´ meetings - 3 posts
Probate procedure of foreigners in Spain - 7 posts
POLICE OPERATION - 0 posts
Airline (Easyjet, Ryanair, Jet2, Bmibaby) & airport reviews, add yours to them if you want to. - 1 posts
Iceland store in Torrevieja is opening around July 11th (finally) - 18 posts
TENNIS - 12 posts
Bob Smith - 3 posts
Avon Reps in Spain. - 5 posts
Malaga Airport Parking. - 3 posts
water for batteries? - 2 posts
Car hire advice needed - 6 posts
Cheap Car Hire - 4 posts
Schools near mazarron - 7 posts
Hola mi amigos!! - 1 posts
Rental Required €100 a week - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x