getting a deposit back from a car dealer

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by sars Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Hello,
I have paid a deposit with a secondhand car dealer in alicante, I was told that the car is an ex demonstrater! which i have found out that it is actually an ex rental car so I would rather not go ahead with the sale as I know how rentals are driven, on the basis that the dealer has lied to me am I entitled to ask for my deposit back.
and am I likley to get it back!

Sarah x

Like 0      
07 Jul 2008 11:10 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Sarah, I wish you luck with this one.

Surely the mileage would have given you suspicions that this wasn't a demonstrator car as they don't usually clock up the mileage a rental would ? 

I agree you should be refunded but I suspect you may have problems as no one ever wants to give money back these days. Had they said it was ex rental they likely knew no one would be as keen on buying.

Try asking Maria de Castro, our legal lady on here. I'll ask her to pop into your thread as your PM facility will not be activated yet. I think you need to have made 10 posts before that automatically happens.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/7/2008.

Like 0      
07 Jul 2008 12:19 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
What kind of contract did you sign? How much money did you pay? Did you pay  the deposit by credit card?

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
07 Jul 2008 12:44 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Thank you Maria for answering my PM asking you to try to help Sarah.

Like 0      
07 Jul 2008 8:03 PM by sars Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Hello Thanks for your replies, The car has very LOW mileage 6000 km but I have been advised by another dealer (main agent) that if on the cars log book there is writing which shows that the car is an ex rental, they have said that this is an ex demo car and that the mot has been done after two years because of it being a demo car as new cars have 4 years itv, here is the text which is writen at the bottom of the cars log book under the car detail

con fecha 19th feb 2008 cambio de destino de alquiler sin conductor a particular. Nueva clasificacion.

which I have been told that this is only on the ex rental cars, and that the car could have been clocked, the car is very clean but I would like to know if they would put this text on an ex demo car! and would they have to itv an ex demo, the car is not from a main dealer but a secondhand dealer in alicante (spainish)

I left a 200 euro deposit  cash and was given a receipt which is on a pre typed paper which they just fill in the details on if needed I can type it out for you.

Thanks Sarah

Like 0      
07 Jul 2008 8:31 PM by alb Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

Hi Sarah

If the car drives ok and it is the right price i would not worry about it being a ex rental car you take a risk with every secound hand car. i bought a ex rental punto for my daughter Sarah about five years ago and it has been a real good buy no trouble at all. But like i said the price needs to reflect the fact that it is a ex rental car.      Good Luck   Alan

Like 0      
08 Jul 2008 10:30 PM by sars Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Hello 
this is a message for maria I have posted more details regarding deposit back from dealer but have had no reply and I can't contact anyone on the pm yet as I am blocked at the moment, could someone send a pm asking if she could take a look or if anyone else has knowledge on knowing about ex rentals and ex demo cars then I await your response at your earliest convience thanks Sarah

Like 0      
08 Jul 2008 11:49 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Sarah

Once Maria has posted on any thread she gets automatic email notification of any further posts so she must be busy. She runs a very successful legal business plus she has two very young kiddies so responding on forums (she doesn't just help EOS out, she helps other forums too) isn't her first job but she will, be patient.

Like 0      
09 Jul 2008 7:19 AM by sars Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Thanks morerosado didn't know how it all worked cheers

Like 0      
11 Jul 2008 10:27 AM by sars Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Dear All.

the problem I had has now been solved and I have had my deposit returned.

Thank you all for you help and advice 

Sarah x

Like 0      
11 Jul 2008 11:54 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Great result, Sarah, well sorted.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Maternity pay and moving to Spain? - 9 posts
Language used in Owners´ meetings - 3 posts
Probate procedure of foreigners in Spain - 7 posts
POLICE OPERATION - 0 posts
Airline (Easyjet, Ryanair, Jet2, Bmibaby) & airport reviews, add yours to them if you want to. - 1 posts
Iceland store in Torrevieja is opening around July 11th (finally) - 18 posts
TENNIS - 12 posts
Bob Smith - 3 posts
Avon Reps in Spain. - 5 posts
Malaga Airport Parking. - 3 posts
water for batteries? - 2 posts
Car hire advice needed - 6 posts
Cheap Car Hire - 4 posts
Schools near mazarron - 7 posts
Hola mi amigos!! - 1 posts
Rental Required €100 a week - 1 posts
Rental Required for €100 a week - all options considered, short or long term - 1 posts
We need Transport from Malaga Airport to Duquesa - 2 posts
Sorted :) - 4 posts
MRI in Mojacar shut - 1 posts
Costa Galera - long term rental - 1 posts
hey i need some help - 3 posts
Help! Major Wasp Problem - 13 posts
Garden Centres - 3 posts
aifos hacienda marina - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x