Malaga Airport Parking.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1114 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar
Hi All,

Two weeks ago I tried to access the free parking area P4 at Malaga Airport only to find it closed off.

The little tunnel under the railway line is the normal point of access I believe, certainly its the access point we have always used, but we couldnt get through.
Does anyone know if P4 is still available? According to the AENA website it is but all the indications are that its not!

Spanishlinda...according to your Spanish Airports Guide P4 is still available...do you have any information to the contrary please...

I have to go there on Tuesday morning to pick up my wife. Its not that I'm trying to avoid the paid parking areas, just that when she flew back to England two weeks ago all traffic was being diverted away from the car parks to drop off points outside the terminals...Given that her inbound flight arrives at  the height of the morning rush hour, I am  just hoping to make it as stress free a trip as I can.

Thanks again (NOT) to MONARCH for having withdrawn the Gatwick Granada service that makes Malaga our only alternative...

Anyone out there know what  the situation is...

Thanks .

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
07 Jul 2008 12:27 PM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

Don't know if I can help but I agree that it's virtually impossible to find access to the car park(s) at Malaga.  

Last month we went round in circles - ending up near the cargo bit - trying to find where to park to pick up some friends. If you miss the entrance it's all one way and you have to turn round. We had to go into the 'old' outdoor paying car park and walk miles to arrivals as we were late by then. (You can imagine the 'discussion' in the car!) The multi-story entrance was obscured by all the parked cars and people unloading but if you drive slowly you may be able to get in. We managed it the second time when we took our friends back. 

Whilst the building work is going on the whole place is a nightmare.  We never seem to be able to find our way out of the car park on foot and into the terminal as the access changes!  Hopefully it will all be lovely when it's finished.

Like 0      
07 Jul 2008 1:29 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1114 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar
Sonia,
Yes, I can well imagine the 'conversation' in the car...
We have the same 'conversation' every time we visit the place!
I hate Malaga airport with a vengeance!
Its bad enough having to make the 220km round trip in the first place when we have a brilliant airport only 20 minutes from our house.

Soul destroying to know that the aircraft that fly over our house on final approach into Granada serve only Liverpool and East Midlands or are Spanish domestic services.

Unforunately Liverpool is a 5hr trip in totally the wrong direction from our former home on the South Coast and East Midlands 3hrs, again in the wrong direction and both routes are Ryanair...(need one say more?)

We have even considered Almeria as an alternative, but thats twice as far away as Malaga...

Monarch did no-one any favours by pulling out of the Gatwick Granada route.

I think anyone who used to use this service should boycott Monarch...but that would be like cutting off your nose to spite your face and they know it...

So many people were drawn to the Granada province area by the lure of a decent service from Gatwick, then Monarch pulled out and left Malaga as the only viable alternative, but its only viable if access is reasonable which it clearly isnt during the chaos brought about by the improvements.

Hopefully when I pick up my wife tomorrow morning it will be the last time I have to use Malaga for a while...

Like 0      
08 Jul 2008 1:06 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1114 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar
Hi All;

Quick update re P4 at Malaga... ITS CLOSED!

Special note for spanish linda...

It's still signposted as available but the access point now lies behind a concrete wall.

Traffic attempting to access it is being diverted back to the roundabout.

P3 is still available (free) and an excellent shuttle bus service, also free, connects this car park with the terminals buildings.

Another point for visitors to the airport AP-7 & N340 subject to long delays during morning rush hour.

The map on the AENA website however shows P4 still open and the road layout bears absolutely no resemblance to reality...!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

water for batteries? - 2 posts
Car hire advice needed - 6 posts
Cheap Car Hire - 4 posts
Schools near mazarron - 7 posts
Hola mi amigos!! - 1 posts
Rental Required €100 a week - 1 posts
Rental Required for €100 a week - all options considered, short or long term - 1 posts
We need Transport from Malaga Airport to Duquesa - 2 posts
Sorted :) - 4 posts
MRI in Mojacar shut - 1 posts
Costa Galera - long term rental - 1 posts
hey i need some help - 3 posts
Help! Major Wasp Problem - 13 posts
Garden Centres - 3 posts
aifos hacienda marina - 1 posts
NIE FOR COMPLETION - 0 posts
IBERDOLA - 2 posts
professional tiling - 0 posts
BMI Baby - 4 posts
No response from Lawyer after completing purchase - 2 posts
help - 1 posts
A complex qusetion - 3 posts
car for sale - 4 posts
Solbank High Charges for small transfer - 0 posts
Blogs that persistantly advertise !! - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x