Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by kinderman Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

hey,
the thing is this.
I lived in spain ( MADRID ) eight years ago, and was studying in the DSM school, between the first and the fourth grade.
After that, i moved to israel, and i lost my contact with my friends over there, in spain.
Anyway, lately i wanted to renew the contact there, so i searched friends in facebook, found a couple friends, but unfortunately the don't
connect very often. I wanted to ask if there's a website like facebook, but especially for spanish people? where i could find my friends?
thank you very much for your help, and im sorry about my bad english.

Ben.

Like 0      
05 Jul 2008 1:28 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Ben

What a great 1st post ! I hope you find your friends.
I DID see THIS, any use ? Click blue link.

FACEBOOK RELEASES SITE  IN SPANISH FEB 7th, 2008

Facebook Releases Site in Spanish; German and French to Follow

PALO ALTO, Calif. — Feb. 7, 2008 — Facebook today announced the first step in a broad plan to internationalize the site with translation into Spanish. German and French versions of Facebook are expected in the coming weeks. Nearly 1,500 Spanish-speaking users on Facebook chose to be part of the effort and translated the site from English to Spanish in less than four weeks.

Current users who want to view Facebook in Spanish can change their language preference from their account settings. Beginning on Monday, Feb. 11, any person who goes to www.facebook.com from a Spanish-speaking country will see the site in Spanish. Facebook currently has more than 2.8 million active users in Latin America and Spain.

“Over 60 percent of Facebook users are now outside of the U.S., and many live in countries where English is not the primary language” said Mark Zuckerberg, founder and CEO of Facebook. “Our goal has always been to allow people to use Facebook in their native language so we built an application to enable users to participate in translating the site into their local languages and dialects. We really appreciate the contribution from users in translating Facebook.”

Users who added the Facebook translation application were allowed to submit translations inline while browsing the site. The community then approved all translations through a voting system. For example, users agreed on “dar un toque” to describe the Facebook-coined term “poke.”

Many translators are motivated by the impact of their contribution to making the site available to millions who speak their language. The leading Spanish translator was responsible for 1,284 of the winning sentences, almost 3 percent of the entire site.

As the company releases new features, Facebook will continue to empower its users to make these available in their local language. In addition, the translation application will soon be available to Facebook Platform developers who want to have their applications translated by the community.

Facebook users can now also access the mobile site in their supported language through any mobile device with Web capabilities. To sign up for Facebook, users can go to www.facebook.com or visit m.facebook.com from any mobile device with Internet access.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/5/2008.

Like 0      
05 Jul 2008 3:08 PM by kinderman Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

hey thank you very much for this, but its not what i need :)
i asked if there is a website in spanish like facebook, but not facebook.
thank you.

Like 0      
05 Jul 2008 3:15 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Yes, Ben, I realised that but, seeing as I had Googled for help & that showed up I wondered if you'd seen it seeing as it's just been recently arranged. 

www.hispanito.com is the myspace in Spanish ! 

http://mashable.com/2007/04/09/vostu/  may be of interest.

Maybe Justin, our site owner who lives in Spain, knows.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/5/2008.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Help! Major Wasp Problem - 13 posts
Garden Centres - 3 posts
aifos hacienda marina - 1 posts
NIE FOR COMPLETION - 0 posts
IBERDOLA - 2 posts
professional tiling - 0 posts
BMI Baby - 4 posts
No response from Lawyer after completing purchase - 2 posts
help - 1 posts
A complex qusetion - 3 posts
car for sale - 4 posts
Solbank High Charges for small transfer - 0 posts
Blogs that persistantly advertise !! - 6 posts
BMI baby offer - 0 posts
How easy is it to find a job in Costa Del Sol in September???? - 9 posts
Pedigree SHAR-PEI free to a good home. - 1 posts
MYSTERY GUESTS - 2 posts
TRAMPOLIN HILLS - 4 posts
Wanted sofas - Estepona Costa del Sol area - 0 posts
Hi I'm a newbie too! - 0 posts
Hotels/Hostels - 0 posts
Acting/talent agencies on the costa blanca! - 4 posts
couldn´t do with the hastle so got an interior deigner !! - 0 posts
Still waiting for the prices to drop!? - 15 posts
Nothing short of theft - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x