ice cream van/ burger vans in spain?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by keighty Star rating in bromsgrove but spain.... 22 posts Send private message

hi is there any laws in spain stating you cannot sell icecrea ouy off a ice cream van?

Like 0      
13 Jun 2008 7:26 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Can you retype the question? I cannot understand it.

Thanks,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
13 Jun 2008 8:39 AM by keighty Star rating in bromsgrove but spain.... 22 posts Send private message

hi sorry, is there any laws in spain stopping you sell ice cream out of a ice cream van. all answers  most welcome.

Like 0      
21 Jul 2008 8:14 AM by HiSpain Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

HiSpain´s avatar
While on vacation in sunny Spain, I've seen mobile ice cream units (both vans and trailers) selling ice cream.

As far as I know, it's a well-set business in Spain, that's helped a lot by:
(a) good, reliable weather, and
(b) good inflow of tourists from around the world, all year long.

Of course, I'm not sure of the licenses you'd need, but I've seen more than one ice cream van in Spain doing good business.

** EDITED - Inactive link **

This message was last edited by HiSpain on 7/21/2008.

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 7/21/2008.

Like 0      
21 Jul 2008 1:53 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar
Hi Keity

http://www.senorwhippy.com/

- a simple internet search brought this up so if you are serious, I suggest you do the same, narrowing down where you want to live.

Irene

Like 0      
21 Jul 2008 4:19 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

There's  a Transit ice cream van (on British plates) stands on La Marina market every Thursday - seems to do a good trade, too. I think he's been there for ages - I haven't seen him anywhere else in the area, though.

Steve.

Steve.

Like 0      
22 Jul 2008 12:52 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
I wonder how legal that can be?
Maria?

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
22 Jul 2008 12:10 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Steve, I BET you couldn't resist one either, could you ?

Like 0      
22 Jul 2008 2:50 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I've read questions about setting up an ice cream van before on forums, possibly even this one so it might be worth doing a search for previous replies.

From memory to get a licence the ice cream van must be static, most people wanted to tour areas like they do in UK.

Also Senior Whippy were considered a waste of space.

Like 0      
22 Jul 2008 8:36 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Senior Whippy? Sounds like some sort of S&M for OAPs!

I can't see how a UK reg ice cream van could ever be legal here, because the owner / operator would have to be a UK resident, so could not realistically be running a business here. And if the van is RHD,  you'd never be able to re-register it. Static van makes more sense - but if it can be towed, it would still have to be registered here.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
22 Jul 2008 9:50 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
There are mobile ice creams vans around.  I have seen them, mainly around the markets so that makes them static (?) but they do move on.  Senor Whippy appears to be doing the rounds in LHD vans round the CB but, must admit, haven't seen any going round the urbs or heard their tinkling chimes.  Burger vans may be feasible round the market areas but they all appear to have so many cheap (sit down) cafes in the shade that I'm not sure it would be viable.  Now, a mobile San Miguel van to follow me up the road on a very hot day would be very welcome!!

Like 0      
22 Jul 2008 10:43 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi i would like to see the ice cream vans on the costa del sol great by the markets irene

Like 0      
23 Jul 2008 12:37 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Never seen one my end of the CDS. There's so many kiosks (govt. controlled and pretty much a closed shop) that I can't see that there's any demand for them.
Also strictly govt. regulated, tobacconists are a great biz, especially when combined with a cheap luggage store!
I read somewhere recently that Madrid and somewhere else (Catalunya?) are legalising bookies shops. What an opportunity for.....who? Mafia? Corrupt politicians? Anyway, us "little guys" won't be able to get a look in.

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

hi. - 14 posts
hello 3 bed wanted for rent in the mijas area. - 2 posts
where can I get car insurance? - 4 posts
The wise formula: Rent with an option to buy - 18 posts
Please help, looking for a place to rent 18th July for 2 nights in Benicassim - 0 posts
How long will this go on??????????????????? - 14 posts
Freesat - 20 posts
Map of Airports in Spain - 0 posts
Swindles to real estates agents inTorrevieja Area - 0 posts
rental needed in costa del sol - 0 posts
Blog Help..................PLEASE - 6 posts
Rent to Buy - 4 posts
Pre existing health conditions - 9 posts
Do you own a shop or know of a wholesalers in spain? - 1 posts
Complaints against the Police - 0 posts
ideas on training for work please? - 4 posts
Legal fees - 0 posts
Surge Protector - 1 posts
Orihuela judge applying UK Law to a case - 3 posts
Spain for UEFA 2008 - 14 posts
Has anyone completed and taken advantage of the rental guarantee - 1 posts
Large items and the Spanish postal service - 7 posts
HP printer info please - 4 posts
EOS Meet - 21 posts
Moving to spain for 1 year..initially.. - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x