Grupo Urbasa

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Apr 2008 12:00 AM by SMC Star rating in London. 32 posts Send private message

Hi to everyone who has issues with Grupo Urbasa and in particular with one their developments in Almoradi, Edificio Amarion III.  I'd very much like to get in touch with anyone that is in the same situation as I am.

I bought a property back in early 2004.  Delay of completion is now over a year.  I met in July last year with then Managing Director of Grupo Urbasa in their offices in Elche as I wanted my money back as per contract in the light of the great delay in completion.  Still have not to my money back despite of my almost weekly calls.  I have now put the matters in the hands of my Spanihs lawyer.  To give you a bit more info, I have also spoken this week with the Ayuntamiento (Town Hall) to stablish whether perhaps they have stopped progression of building, but this is not the case, as I have been told again that Urbasa have internal problems one of them being  the site manager left over 1 year ago and they cannot get credit from the banks (my theory is that our deposots were spent in initiating other buildings and thing got out of hand.  The rumour is Almoradid is that Grupo Urbasa has done "suspension de pagos" that is bankrupt.  My Spanish lawyer already sent Urbasa a burofax legally requesting devolution of my moneys due to breachh of contract - we got no reply at all.  We have now send a burofax to Banco Pastor who is the financing body of my propety and many others in that area.  Our hope is that either the bank or an insurance company should be backing up our moneys (according to a Spanish law passed back in 1967. We still waiting for a response.  I have been advised by my lawyer that if we do not get a positive response from banco Pastor the only way forward is to go to the tribunal court via penal.  This will have to be handled by a lawyer in based in Alicante.  My lawyer has also mentioned that a joint case would be more powerful that individual ones and no need to mention that shares costs incurred by lawyers and the court would be lesser.  We have a pretty nasty scenario and will take months to resolve - not necesarily to a positive one.

I am hoping to be able to join in this.

SMC

Like 0      
18 Apr 2008 1:19 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

This has been discussed previously, SMC.  Our friends, John & Trish, who post under "JPD", bought into Amarion III & are at their wits end too. Good luck.

Just searched for you & one thread is Palmera Properties Click blue link.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 4/18/2008.

Like 0      
18 Apr 2008 1:32 PM by SMC Star rating in London. 32 posts Send private message

thanks Morerosado.  Will try to touch base with your friends.

SMC

Like 0      
12 Jun 2008 4:45 PM by Pico163521 Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Hi all,
Please don´t talk to me about Urbasa. I just lost 50,000 € and a battle thats lasted years. I bought in Edif. Mariana, Guardamar. Despite 3 years of trying to solve the issues of the embargoes that were on the building which made it impossible to either Buy or Sell my apartment. The bank have just auctioned 3 apts and 5 garages because Urbasa owed them 155,000€. 
I had one of the best urban Lawyers in Alicante on the job, but frankly, a hopeless case. Urbasa do nothing to help anyone, they are penniless and there is no chance of recovering anything from them. The key to the whole issue is "embargoes". If you have bought from them and DONT have the escritura, its a nightmare. Unless you can get a lawyer to lift the embargoes before banks come in to reclaim the money they lent to Urbasa to build in the first place its a hopeless fight. In my case I know several Spanish neighbours who settled with suppliers owed money in order to get embargoes lifted. With hindsight its the only way I know anyone has got out of it. I read about Almoradi and its horrific.   No doubt the 140 buyers are in the same boat, as it is most likely not Urbasa that walked off, but the Constructor that they didn´t pay. So be sure the embargoes are there too. 
I´m just looking at the legal position with the agent who ripped up the original sales contract and replaced it with a new one significantly lower priced..."to match the papers from Urbasa if we have to go to court".  I want to find out where the rest of the money went that I dont have a receipt for? My "factura" from the builder shows only 50% of the money pàid. Well, I won´t hold my breath!

Like 0      
30 Jun 2008 11:30 AM by philansy Star rating in uk. 504 posts Send private message

philansy´s avatar

as grupo urbasa gone bankrupt now ?

Like 0      
30 Jun 2008 11:57 AM by Pico163521 Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Whether Urbasa are OFFICIALLY bankrupt I do not know. I have been told that they were once one of the biggest builders in Spain. They invested heavily in land buying. What killed them was the fact that they had Millions invested in so called "terreno Urbanisable", which the change of Government in 2004 reclassified as "rustico". Their assets became worthless overnight. It appears that this land may be about to be reclassified as "urbanisable" once again, as many constructors are in ruin. However, for hundreds like me, it is all too late. They have lost so much that I doubt they could ever recover, especially given the current economic climate and the paralysation of the buildiing industry. I have now taken to buying lotto tickets as the chances of seeing any money again are approximately the same!

Like 0      
20 Feb 2013 10:59 PM by King of Spain 999 Star rating. 44 posts Send private message

Some from Grupo Urbasa have signed up at

http://lost-property-deposit-in-spain.wall.fm/

Meet them there as some in this post were asking after others affected by this developer

Like 0      
05 Feb 2017 4:28 PM by Bissime Star rating in Spain. 4 posts Send private message

I would be very interested to know of everyone has got their money back now, this thread is very old now and the law has changed a lot over the years so has everyone been successful ?

Like 0      
06 Feb 2017 2:09 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

http://www.costaluzlawyers.es/blog/developments-developers-won-cases/

Urbasa is among developers we have won cases against in list above

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Listed building - any advice will be gratefully received. - 3 posts
Urbs. in Murcia province. - 3 posts
UK Company - 0 posts
Introduction from Granada Area - 0 posts
Flute lessons on the costa del sol - 2 posts
Hello and can you help? - 4 posts
Cheque book by post - 4 posts
Personal freshness !! - 14 posts
Hippodromo Aifos - 3 posts
MORTGAGE CURVEBALLS - 4 posts
We are NEW to posting - 18 posts
Best place to start when learning Spanish.....? - 11 posts
Where in Spain? - 8 posts
Introduction - 6 posts
Tax relief - 4 posts
Marilyn from Essex - 5 posts
Mortgage and Bank problems Help!! - 2 posts
IKEA'S ONE DAY 21% OFF SALE (RUMOURED) FOR SAT 19TH APRIL (21ST ANNIVERSARY) - 2 posts
jet 2....99p - 32 posts
Ollis Treff - 1 posts
Internet / broadband etc. - 4 posts
Three Spanish property developers face debt pressure - 0 posts
Registration deadline for primary/infant spanish school - HELP !! - 4 posts
YOUNG DRIVERS - 15 posts
HELP - TRAIN OR COACH INFORMATION NEEDED - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x