Listed building - any advice will be gratefully received.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Apr 2008 12:00 AM by curious Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

Hi everyone,

I am not new to the site I have used it several times before but not for a while.

I bought a property about 18 months ago and we seem to have problem after problem, I wont bore you with all the details, lets just say that the junta are already asking for over 6000E not because of anything we have done but  because they havent tied the two deeds up on the house.

I now have  another problem the town hall want to come into my property to have a look round and decide what grade listing  to give the building.  They have said  if I dont allow them access they will just put the highest grading on it. 

Not sure what to do we have done some internal alterations to the property most of them we had a building permit for but some things just occured because of the work.   I am worried what they will say and do we really cant pay any more costs.

To be honest my husband and I just feel like walking away from it all.  So anyone that has advice or had similar experience I would love to hear from you.

Like 0      
18 Apr 2008 4:25 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi curious

Welcome back.

It sounds like you are having a bit of a nightmare.  Have you asked your lawyer what the best thing to do is?

If not then maybe email Maria de Castro for her advice.

Hope you get it resolved soon.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
18 Apr 2008 6:27 PM by curious Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

Hi Justin

Thanks for responding and for your kind comments.

No I havent asked my lawyer about this yet, although I dont think I will as there are some other issues still unresolved with them. 

I am in the UK, it is our holiday home.  I only found out today, luckily my friend in Spain told me or the property would have been listed at the highest  grade without me knowing anything.  I am in the UK at the moment.

I   will  ask Maria de Castro for some advice.

Like 0      
19 Apr 2008 7:39 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Curious: I have alredy answered your PM.

Have a good weekend!

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Urbs. in Murcia province. - 3 posts
UK Company - 0 posts
Introduction from Granada Area - 0 posts
Flute lessons on the costa del sol - 2 posts
Hello and can you help? - 4 posts
Cheque book by post - 4 posts
Personal freshness !! - 14 posts
Hippodromo Aifos - 3 posts
MORTGAGE CURVEBALLS - 4 posts
We are NEW to posting - 18 posts
Best place to start when learning Spanish.....? - 11 posts
Where in Spain? - 8 posts
Introduction - 6 posts
Tax relief - 4 posts
Marilyn from Essex - 5 posts
Mortgage and Bank problems Help!! - 2 posts
IKEA'S ONE DAY 21% OFF SALE (RUMOURED) FOR SAT 19TH APRIL (21ST ANNIVERSARY) - 2 posts
jet 2....99p - 32 posts
Ollis Treff - 1 posts
Internet / broadband etc. - 4 posts
Three Spanish property developers face debt pressure - 0 posts
Registration deadline for primary/infant spanish school - HELP !! - 4 posts
YOUNG DRIVERS - 15 posts
HELP - TRAIN OR COACH INFORMATION NEEDED - 1 posts
quick question about community fee's?? :) - 15 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x