Europa 1 restaurant on Guardamar promenade, CB

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Apr 2008 12:00 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

We enjoyed a really good MDD for only 6.90€ each with a drink included on our recent trip this month at Europa 1 on Guardamar's promenade.

My OH chose mussels for his starter, which were served in a terracotta dish with a tomato sauce. I had a great tuna salad for my starter with the usual lettuce, cucumber, onions, tomatoes & olives but plus grated carrot & sweetcorn topped with tuna, of course. We both chose a flashfry steak served with potato wedges rather than chips for our main course followed by chocolate cake & cream washed down with a glass of tinto. It was available on a Saturday too. The restaurant seemed to try to serve their food slightly differently to other restaurants on the promenade for a lower price too. No one else did mussels or a flashfry steak for instance. No one else had chocolate cake just ice cream, creme caramel or rice pudding. Very pleasant service too. Our waiter spoke perfect English. They seemed to try very hard to make everything just right.

Try it. If you go June 9th to July 2nd you can join us.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 4/14/2008.

Like 0      
14 Apr 2008 10:46 PM by saznaz Star rating in los altos and kent. 134 posts Send private message

Can u pls give exact directions not v familiar with the area only driven thru guardamar v quickly - coming from n332 from punta prima we take the first turning off signed posted guardamar by the rounadabout with the dotty block of apartments on the left Is this the best way to go and where do u go from there is it near the beach Rgds Saznaz

Like 0      
14 Apr 2008 11:19 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Saz, promenades are right on the seafront !

Right, I've consulted hubby & here's directions.

At the roundabout on N332 on edge of Guardamar, where loads of new buildings are on hill on your left, you turn right towards the seafront. At next roundabout go left. At next roundabout go straight on. Road forks, take left fork. At next roundabout go straight on. After about 6 - 7 roads on your right turn down any one when you can see the beach. The end of the promenade starts in that area. When you reach beach turn left & Europa 1is down there.

Another way is to go down N332 & take main road through Guardamar town (via a slip road on the right, going past Halifax bank) till you get to the town hall set back on the right. Turn right at the right side of town hall & drive to bottom to cafe on front & here you can turn right & park by garages then walk to end of promenade from opposite side.

Like 0      
15 Apr 2008 5:40 PM by saznaz Star rating in los altos and kent. 134 posts Send private message

Thanks v much for the detailed directions and the pix wish we had stopped off when we r driving thru oh well there is always nxt time anymore tips on the area wld be greatly appreciated as it looks like there iis loads to do and see on and off the promenade Rgds Saz

Like 0      
15 Apr 2008 5:47 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Saz: The tourist office is alongside the town hall & they'll give you lots of advice. We love the dunes & i've just posted about that in Guardamar 

Like 0      
15 Apr 2008 6:19 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

More stop it l cant wait for June as it is, this is torture,get me out of this cold wet weather now please.Pat.

Like 0      
16 Apr 2008 9:18 AM by evebrady Star rating in We live just outside.... 26 posts Send private message

evebrady´s avatar

Hi,

Ollies Tref is a nice place to eat too, they food is brilliant but don't go there if you want a 'huge plate full' as you get a big plate but with a small amount of food in the middle. What you do get though is lovely food in a really nice environment. So its worth a visit for a special occasion. We love Guardamar and own two apartments which we let all year  round. So we don't tend to spend more than 2 weeks there in a block, but we try to get over for long week ends or birthdays etc . As a consequence we seem to spend quite a lot of time (...and money!) at Ollies! Its a little family run concern, Ollie is the young man who serves and his parents cook!

Even though we bought our first apartment in 1999 I sadly don't know all the names of the roads...so turn left at the town hall and head down towards the best ice cream parlor on the Costa Blanca! Ollies Tref is on the left just before the ice cream parlor!!

The Russian restaurant near the WOK on the roundabout is also a nice place to eat but if you want a 'cheapie' the Indian 'eat all you can' restaurant just on the same strip is value for money!

We go over again from the 3rd to the 10th of May with my Mum, whose birthday in on the 9th and will be 79. So who knows where we will end up celebrating. She likes Don Carlos in Quesada but the last time we were there in February we went there for a meal and left again as its very noisy now with pool tables, slot machines etc. So I think it must have changed hands. If anyone can recommend a nice place for us to take Mum other than Oliies Tref, we would appreciate it?

Eve

Like 0      
16 Apr 2008 10:53 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Eve, why not start a new thread about Ollies Trev, saying what you've said here. This thread is really just for about Europa 1.

Like 0      
16 Apr 2008 1:01 PM by evebrady Star rating in We live just outside.... 26 posts Send private message

evebrady´s avatar

...ok, no prob!

Like 0      
16 Apr 2008 9:44 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Eve, I meant post about Ollis Tref here in the restaurants board not in the introduce yourself board as no one will see it. I've been looking for your Ollis Tref thread so now I know why I couldn't find it. Shame not to have it here where others look for recommendations. We must've looked at it so many times over three years but never ventured in.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 4/16/2008.

Like 0      
23 Apr 2008 5:23 PM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

my husband and I with 2 friends have been to Europa 1 on Guadamar beachfront

today, The place is indeed lovely, the food was very good, and the waiters were

more than helpfull and had a smile for everyone. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

We all said we will go again sooooooooooon.

coolyes

Like 0      
23 Apr 2008 6:17 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi "M"

Did you go after I posted about it or did you just choose one out of so many as you strolled along prom ?

The four of us could go in June ??

Glad you enjoyed it.

Like 0      
23 Apr 2008 9:50 PM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Hi M,

I read your post on it but we also had good info on it from a friend who my OH used to go

to school with who actually now lives in the centre of Guadamar in Calle Cartegena.

It would be nice to meet up there in June with you for a meal.

Take care. M

coolyes

Like 0      
24 Apr 2008 3:10 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hi More and m it looks like it could be busy there this June.Pat.

Like 0      
05 Oct 2008 4:32 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Just resurrecting this thread as again we frequented it a few times during our 26 days in the area. (Also I've just been asked about it by Number 16, Jen & Baz ).

We had a MDD for 7.50€ including choices on starter, main & dessert plus a drink. We both chose prawns, chicken breast  (done as fritters in golden crispy batter) with potato wedges & salad, then cake with cream & crunchy nuts & a glass of wine each. Usually they serve six prawns unadulterated so I'd said my OH could have my six as I really hate messing about with crustaceans but, when I saw these, I said "no way". OH likes to order six sardines for 3.50€ or for 4.50€ I think it is they do same plus salad & potato wedges.

All in all, we have endless choices at this place as with them all along Guardamar prom.

Like 0      
05 Oct 2008 5:01 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Hi More,
Nice to have you back and all recovered.

Really must try this place next time we are in Guardamar ( we like to drive up about once a month). Keep meaning to try but always forget at the time and finish up in the Chinese or Jaen.

Glad you have reposted it as I might just manage to remember next time. These senior moments would drive me mad if I could remember them!

Jean

Like 0      
05 Oct 2008 5:11 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
It's great to sit & watch the sea from there Jean & all that goes on, on the beach. 

We often just sit with a drink & people watch but great to be able to eat at any time & it looks ok inside too, for the winter months although, to be honest, those beach front places would not be our 1st choice in winter if it was too cold & windy to sit outside.

We went to Jaen's twice, brill place. 8€ still for a 3 course meal with wine lunchtimes or evenings, closed Mondays.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Dogs in need of a home - 0 posts
Buying a computer in spain - 27 posts
bfl - 1 posts
Washing Machines and Tumble Dryers - 14 posts
Halifax Mortgage requirements - 3 posts
Spanish income tax rates and allowances - 4 posts
20% CGT refund on properties sold between 2004-2008 - 3 posts
FIRST OCCUPATION LICENSE'S - 3 posts
las ninfas, los montesinos - 12 posts
state primary schools in the mazarron area - 1 posts
Newcomer in '08 - 5 posts
Multicurrency Mortgages - 5 posts
Changing Address for car ownership - 4 posts
Rojales (CB) - 11 posts
Sales Rep's required to sell the New SPF SPRAY BOOTH and LIGHT THERAPY CHAIRS - 0 posts
Wanted Office Furniture - 0 posts
Rent or Buy when moving to Spain - 8 posts
contact - 2 posts
Fitting electrial appliances and lights. - 27 posts
Death Duties - 0 posts
car boot sale - 0 posts
Driving Time - 3 posts
Rental needed with ADSL Internet - 9 posts
Most common problems when buying in Spain? - 4 posts
I need some websites! - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 17

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x