Bank Guarantee Process for Claiming

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Apr 2008 12:00 AM by cathien Star rating in scotland. 14 posts Send private message

Looking for information on how long it will take to recover our money by executing our Bank Guarantee and what the process is.

Can anyone help!!

Cathie 

Like 0      
09 Apr 2008 10:14 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Cathie, first and foremost, do you have a lawyer and is he/she on the case?

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
09 Apr 2008 10:18 AM by cathien Star rating in scotland. 14 posts Send private message

yes we have a lawyer property should have been ready in january with another 3 month extension which means the end of april I think before we can start the process. I have heard from someone who waited 3 months but I'm not sure if that was the norm or if it could take years!!

Cathie

Like 0      
09 Apr 2008 1:03 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Bank Guarantees execution depend on the Bank´s payment will. But a strong and direct fight should not last more that a couple of months after application. Of course, everything happening after that application ( granting of FOL for instance) does not apply to your case.

Best,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
09 Apr 2008 6:28 PM by cathien Star rating in scotland. 14 posts Send private message

Thank you maria can you explain what FOL stands for please our lawyer does not keep in touch very much so we are trying to find out alot of information for ourselves;

Many thanks

Like 0      
09 Apr 2008 7:32 PM by bfl Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

just in the process of  getting our money back  but the builder has agreed to pay back the amount we paid he wont pay any interest even though he has had our money for 20months our solicitor has advised us to get our money back first then we will re think what to do our solicitor has said spanish law states that they have to pay has anybody had any dealings with this

Like 0      
09 Apr 2008 9:14 PM by Just Dan Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Hi

Grab the money and run as far as you can.

Dan

Like 0      
10 Apr 2008 7:32 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
No bad deal at present moments, yes, I agree with Just Dan... get it and then think about interests.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
11 Apr 2008 3:37 PM by daveandnicky Star rating. 37 posts Send private message

Dear Maria and others,

This may seem like a silly question but once you have exeuted the bank guarantee does this actually GUARANTEE that your deposit WILL be returned in full? My lawyer tells me that we have already executed the guarantee and are waiting for Caja Espana's lawyers about the 'devolution of funds'. Is my money safe?

Many thanks for your help !

Like 0      
11 Apr 2008 7:51 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
The execution of the Bank Guarantee before the Bank or of the Insurance Policy before the Insurancxe company needs to come with a check and  a cancellation contract.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
11 Apr 2008 10:37 PM by Janmet Star rating in UK. 185 posts Send private message

Can someone please put a copy of a bank guarantee on the posts I need to know exactly what it looks like

Like 0      
21 May 2008 1:15 PM by Damon Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hi Maria and forum readers

We have just been paid our deposits back by bankers draft in to our account. Although not cleared yet we have no reason to believe there will be a problem (but now so cynical that nothing surprises anymore following our 2 year experience).

The deposits were returned after we were advised the January, then April after 3 month grace period, building deadline would not be met. We were advised in March so the whole process has taken 2 months which I thought was very good.

We were also paid 4% interest per year on the deposits paid.

My question to Maria is that I have read the Spanish law requires that 6% interest is paid. Is there a way I can make a simple claim for the extra 2%? Or would legal fees outweigh the benefit (dependant on knowing the difference of course!).

Thanks and good luck to anyone else in our (formerly very depressed) situation. The process was good for us so there is much hope.

Damon

Like 0      
21 May 2008 5:20 PM by spanishsolicitor Star rating in Murcia. 140 posts Send private message

spanishsolicitor´s avatar
Cathien

It depends of what type of guarantee you have and what is stated in it. But if you are entitled because you don't have your property finished yet I think you won't have problems.
Send me a PM with your purchase agreement attached and your bank guarantee and I'll look through theses documents, after I'll give some free advice about the process in order to obtain your monies back

Like 0      
29 May 2008 4:01 PM by jaqib Star rating. 81 posts Send private message

Hi

we are trying to execute our bank guarantee on a property which is late in completion by a year and now the builders have gone into administration. We have been informed by our solicitor that we will not be able to get our money back from the bank until the bank gets their investment back from the administrators. This doesn't seem right, I assumed that as the guarantee is between me and the bank that the bank has to return my money that it is in the holding account irrespective of the status of the developer, can anyone confirm this?

Jaqi

Like 0      
29 May 2008 4:14 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Confirmed. Go and execute it and if the Bank   does not honour the Bank Guarantee, go to an executive procedure against the Bank. That is precisely what these bank guarantees are for: to protect your money against any difficult financial or trading situation of the developer. Come on!

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
30 May 2008 12:00 PM by cbrammeld Star rating. 172 posts Send private message

Hi
What approximately would the cost be of executing the Bank Guarantee using a solicitor or can it be done in person to the bank that issued the guarantee?

Colin

Like 0      
30 May 2008 12:05 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Colin:

Most advisable to have a solicitor and ... charges really depend on them as we have minimums advised by the Bar Associatio we belng to but... can really rise the fees according to legal criteria.

I am sorry I cannot give to you a more explicit answer.

Best weekend.

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
19 Jun 2008 10:03 AM by joe.r Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

My bureaufax has been submitted to the Caja Madrid. 
Does anyone know how long it will take from here and what I can do to speed it up

Like 0      
21 Aug 2008 2:43 PM by wadams Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

To BFL
I would strongly advise you to grab the money and run and think yourself lucky!

Like 0      
21 Aug 2008 2:47 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Joe.R:

Give to them a couple of weeks to answer and if not... choose a lawyer and go to the executive judicial procedure.

Best regards,

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Can anyone recommend a Property Management Co - Los Flamingos, Estapona - 1 posts
Help...! Drains...! - 4 posts
seeking advice on condado de alhama - 10 posts
Certificate of habitation - 32 posts
Journalism student looking for people who have had trouble buying property in Spain - 2 posts
THANK YOU JUSTIN!! - 15 posts
Pot belly pig - 0 posts
Do you have a property problem legally related - 0 posts
AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE... - 34 posts
la condessa de mijas - 8 posts
Drinkable water and Air Con - 4 posts
Connection charges - 6 posts
What a lovely development! - 0 posts
New commer to this site and trying to get rid of some houses in Calasparra Murcia. - 0 posts
Problems with completion - 18 posts
Cap Salou - 1 posts
Make huge savings buying property in Spain - 34 posts
Jet2 - 25 posts
Urgent Help needed, 7th May, 4 weeks - 2 posts
Casa Alto Development Nr Torreveija - 0 posts
The Television Man - 2 posts
Arenal Duquesa - 0 posts
receiving benefits in spain - 2 posts
Ficticious completions and utilities supply - 13 posts
el aljarafe residential - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 47

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x