seeking advice on condado de alhama

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Apr 2008 12:00 AM by leigh_bristol Star rating in Bristol. 243 posts Send private message

leigh_bristol´s avatar
 We have just returned from Murcia after viewing our new property in condado de alhama.
Unfortunately we have come back disheartened regarding what we were initially told by our sales rep back in 2006 when we signed for the property, and what we actually saw this week end, after going over very excited to view the resort.
The salesman told us it would be a 20 min journey from murcia airport to the resort when the new road was built.
Travelling down yesterday, we found the said journey is not 20 mins, but 1 HOUR.
We were told by the same rep, rental through the resort would be a guarenteed 12 wks per year, we were told yesterday there is no such guarentee.

We signed for a golfing package i.e: street lighting, shopping centre, resteraunts etc.
After being told singings for property are now  requested, and a trip over to view the resort, we have found just 1 block of apartments completed.
No street lighting, shopping centres, resteraunts etc, and above all the golf course is just a big mud heap, which we were told yesterday, will NOT be ready to play golf on for 2 years.

Do anyone have any advice on what we should do now as it is not ready to use as a holiday, golf resort fot the next 18 months -2 yrs.
which means we are now paying for a property and unable to get rental on the property, which was why we wanted it?

After asking a polaris world rep on the site how long it will take to drive to the nearest beach, he told us a 10 min drive no longer.
Our rep took us when we left the resort and it took us 30 mins.

Any one else experiencd the same or simmilar problems with this resort?

Like 0      
08 Apr 2008 10:25 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

you might find some answers to your questions here:

http://www.eyeonspain.com/Secure/articles/article.aspx?article=/publicity-contract.aspx

According to Consumers and Contrat Law you are entitled to have everything was included in the publicity as part of the product.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
09 Apr 2008 10:35 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
leigh, maybe the Polaris reps drive very fast

But seriously, have you joined the Condado de Alhama forum?

Condado de Alhama forum

There are other buyers there who may be able to help.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
24 Nov 2008 5:23 PM by nightmare 1 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi  we were wondering as you have already completed on Condado if you had any further information on what is actually going on over there. We signed up for El Mirador in April this year and have just had a phone call from PW last week informing us that El Mirador is not going to be completed anytime soon. They are trying to offer us alternative properties i.e Jardins which we now are reluctant to accept in view of the fact that we dont want to be on   a building site, which it seems they have no intention of completing. Can you tell us what the state of the place is now, we were over in August and were not impressed by what we saw and are beginning to regret ever signing in the first place but we feel trapped now as apparently to get our 25% back is a long drawn out affair. Any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks a lot Sue and Mark

Like 0      
24 Nov 2008 11:20 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Do you have a Bank Guarantee?

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
24 Nov 2008 11:35 PM by nightmare 1 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi in our contract it states that we have bank guarantee for our money, but PW are saying it is not in place yet as it can take a few months from the bank. Sue

Like 0      
25 Nov 2008 6:17 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

They are under strict legal oblogation to produce that for you immediately.

I would ask them for the Guarantee with immediate effect ( give to them no more than one week and do the petition through certified written) and if no results arrived, I would start action for contract cancellation as you have got enough legal grounds for that now.

That behaviour is fully illegal and abusive. Cannot be tolerated unless you willingful decided so.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
25 Nov 2008 9:49 AM by nightmare 1 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi Maria thankyou so much for that, I hope this works as according to my solicitor he has been trying to get the guarantee since April. Polaris do not answer my emails and it seems neither do they answer my solicitors. I gave Polaris every opportunity to come up with an alternative property but they just wanted to force me into getting a mortgage on an already completed property and I am not in a position to get a mortgage at this present time. They then said that I could wait and complete on El Mirador but they have no plans to start building work in the forseeable future. However when I got my legal property report from my solicitor in April/May there was a section under the heading completion that stated work had already started and completion would be late 2009. My solicitor has said that he takes everything he is told to be a truth, however Polaris are now saying that as no work has started due to no building licence they are not in breach of contract. How long can they tie me to this contract before they do infact start building work. Thanks Sue

Like 0      
25 Nov 2008 1:01 PM by joyal Star rating in San Javier, Spain. 6 posts Send private message

Hi,

We also bought an apartment on El Mirado, Condado de Alhama in August 2007, with the understanding that it would be ready within 18 months to 2 years.  We have paid 40% deposit.  We bought this apartment to live in as we are both retired.

We are living in Spain at the moment in rented accomodation.  Polaris World contacted us 2 weeks ago to inform us that they have no plans to start building El Mirado in the near future and they offered us alternative accomodation.  They seem to think they are doing us a favour by offering us apartments nearer to the shops, bars, swimming pools etc. but this is not what we wanted and why we bought on El Mirador.  They also told us we could wait for El Mirador to be built but as you know they have no plans to even start the building and as we are both in our sixties we cant afford to wait too long.

We bought through Parador Properties who introduced us to a solicitor in Torrevieja.  We have emailed this solicitor to ask for advice but received no reply.

As far as we know this solicitor holds a bank gaurantee for us.

Any advice on this matter would be most welcome.

Joyce and Alan

Like 0      
25 Nov 2008 2:32 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Get the original copy of the Bank Guarantee with you and then think of what you want to do.

Get it.

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
25 Nov 2008 2:53 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Joyal,

I would not take it for granted that you solicitor has your Builders Guarantee. We had an independant solicitor in Cartagena who got our deposit refunded when Polaris were late in completing on our apartment on Riquelme. Took about 8 months.

If your solicitor was recommended by your estate agent they may not be as independant as you may wish.

Jean

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Certificate of habitation - 32 posts
Journalism student looking for people who have had trouble buying property in Spain - 2 posts
THANK YOU JUSTIN!! - 15 posts
Pot belly pig - 0 posts
Do you have a property problem legally related - 0 posts
AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE... - 34 posts
la condessa de mijas - 8 posts
Drinkable water and Air Con - 4 posts
Connection charges - 6 posts
What a lovely development! - 0 posts
New commer to this site and trying to get rid of some houses in Calasparra Murcia. - 0 posts
Problems with completion - 18 posts
Cap Salou - 1 posts
Make huge savings buying property in Spain - 34 posts
Jet2 - 25 posts
Urgent Help needed, 7th May, 4 weeks - 2 posts
Casa Alto Development Nr Torreveija - 0 posts
The Television Man - 2 posts
Arenal Duquesa - 0 posts
receiving benefits in spain - 2 posts
Ficticious completions and utilities supply - 13 posts
el aljarafe residential - 1 posts
moving to asparragal murcia - 1 posts
working permits... - 4 posts
Perils of buying in Spain - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x