Distribution of Community Fees

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Mar 2008 12:00 AM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Our development is due to be handed over to the community of owners this coming Saturday.

The budget for 2008/2009 needs to be agreed &  is an agenda item.

There are approximately 40 blocks on the development. Some are just over Ground/First & Second Floors with stairs to access the higher floors. Other blocks are 4/5 floors high & have lifts built into the individual blocks.

The distribution of the maintenance costs is currently restricted to & shared by  the blocks that have lifts. Some are of the opinion that the cost of maintaining the lifts should be shared by all 553 apartments. Others question why they have to pay to maintain the lifts in their block when they have a ground floor apartment & will never use the lift.

Likewise, we have communal gardens but ground floor apartments also have their own garden which will be maintained by the community gardeners - should the ground floor apartments pay a greater share of the gardening budget on that basis?

There are allocated Car Parking spaces for all apartments. The development is made up of different size apartments & duplexes - should the proportion of community fees for the car parking spaces have any relevance to the size of the property.

Any comments welcomed.

Thank you

Noreen 

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
06 Mar 2008 12:27 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Noreen. The best of British luck for Saturday.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2008 6:50 AM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Thanks Morerosado.

I think I am going to need all the luck I can get!!!

At least it looks like the weather might be nice.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
06 Mar 2008 9:36 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Just such a pity our time there keeps refusing to cross.  One day, one day.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2008 9:37 AM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes I second that good luck Noreen you will need it.  I have only attended one of our meetings that was enough.  Although we are over on Sunday for 3 months so expect their will be another one in that time.   If it's any help we are on the ground floor but we have to contribute towards the lifts, which is an expensive item to mantain.  Weather does look good let's hope it stays.  Well have fun Pat

Like 0      
06 Mar 2008 9:40 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
NEXT 10 DAYS : ALMERIA WEATHER  Not bad, not bad

Like 0      
06 Mar 2008 2:17 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Hi Noreen.

A lot will depend on how whoever it is has worked out how much Com charge to pay, it can be done as ALL paying the same OR by quota, ie., on the quotas stated in the deeds. The quota way is poss the fairest way then, if you have more area, for example a flat and a solarium, you would pay more. This way of calculating who pays what should be agreed at handover because it is virtually impossible to change it after because you would have to have 100 per cent agreement and obviously those who would have to pay more will not vote for it!!. I suspect tho, 'someone' will have already decided this on your behalf and you will be presented with that decision.

In a community, it doesn't matter whether you use the lifts, the gardens or the pool or ANY other communal facility, you still have to pay for their upkeep. If there are 553 apartments, then you 'own 1/553 of the community and are therefore responsible. It doesn't matter if some one has a garden and they personally maintain it, the communal gardens are just that, Communal. In Spain, when you buy on a Community, you also buy and pay for that responsibility.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
06 Mar 2008 5:53 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Thanks for that information Karen.

I have just realised (I never was a great mathematician!) that there are 553 apartments & I have proxy votes for 53 plus my own which equates to 10%.

They better be nice to me.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
06 Mar 2008 6:02 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

We don't do proxy any more, but have a voting sheet so people can vote exactly how they want. We found that not everyone was using the proxys for what the people who sent them in wanted so thought it best to do the voting sheet.

I used to have to phone everyone who gave me a proxy to ensure I voted how they wanted, it was a real pain and cost a fortune.

I KNOW you will do it ok tho. Good luck.  ( Trouble is, if it all goes pear shaped, your proxy people will blame you anyway!!)

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
06 Mar 2008 6:07 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Noreen, what's your maths like ?  553 divided by 54 = 9.814814%

Like 0      
06 Mar 2008 6:10 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

I have given them all ample opportunity to provide me with their views. Amazingly only about 5 have bothered & 2 actually asked me to phone them with my views, to make sure that we weren't poles apart.

Fortunately, from lots of discussion on EOS & through our own email list, I have a pretty good idea of what people want & at the end of the day, I can only do my best. We also have a fairly good contingent attending the meeting in person & we are having a nice social get together on Friday evening - 27 at the Wok Buffet.

I daresay we will move away from proxies in due course as it makes sense for people to vote on individual issues for themselves.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
06 Mar 2008 6:18 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Like 0      
06 Mar 2008 6:31 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Lots of luck, Noreen.......................practice keeping calm, because believe you me these meetings can get very 'hairy'.

Let us know what happens.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
06 Mar 2008 7:09 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Thanks for all your good wishes. I will let you know the outcome next week.

By the way, More, Annmarie says

• actually 553 divided by 54 is equal to 10.24074074...
  • 54 is 9.764918626...% of 553
  • which if you round to 1 significant figure is 10%

Those maths teachers can be very pedantic!!!

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
06 Mar 2008 7:14 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I divided 553 by 54 on my trusty solar powered calcular  & it said otherwise. You just want to fall out with me so you don't have to meet me. I'd better go cook dinner, no one else will.  I've told Mr. More I'm going to teach him six basics (spag bol etc) & he can cook for us sometime. Not going for an easy retirement.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2008 7:27 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

I bet he gets a part time job within weeks! - Poor Chris

You see there is your problem, using a solar calculator in the dreary UK winter time - it just can't cope.

We will meet some day I am sure.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
07 Mar 2008 5:29 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Well, he has actually told GKN he's available for contract work if he's going to be sitting around (as they'll be short after 13th March & he has 26 yrs experience of that job under his hat & they've not managed to train up anyone else, likely hoping he will change his mind). SITTING AROUND ? There'll be NONE of that.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Font Size - 2 posts
moving to lo crispin - 4 posts
Question for TJ222....and anyone else for that matter.... - 0 posts
Recycled Water - 0 posts
e mail address,s - 6 posts
RETIREMENT TO SPAIN - 1 posts
New Buyer - 2 posts
Brittany Ferry offer. £39 2 night Plymouth-Santander-Plymouth. Book by 12th March - 3 posts
Non-residents buying a car in Spain - 8 posts
Plumbing - 2 posts
driving to spain - 4 posts
easter - where to go - 3 posts
Cycling in Spain - 3 posts
Spanish Bars & Spanish restaurants in Orhiuela Costa - 6 posts
Dangerous dogs - 14 posts
medina elvira granada - 2 posts
What is E111 - 3 posts
Destitute and facing eviction - 85 year old mother and son from San Isidro on CB - 0 posts
Demolitions near La Marina Village on the Costa Blanca NOW ! - 0 posts
Getting my cat to Spain - 13 posts
Another bit of daftness from Sunny Spain - 39 posts
Hola Life Snagging Surveys - 1 posts
cleaner - 0 posts
The UK lose battle to withhold benefits............ - 17 posts
Pet Insurance - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 17

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x