Question for TJ222....and anyone else for that matter....

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Mar 2008 12:00 AM by kelju Star rating in South Yorkshire . 302 posts Send private message

kelju´s avatar

TJ222,

As someone who works in the city and has knowledge of the financial markets, can you help someone with a simplistic view of the Euro like me.

Why doesn't the UK join the Euro, as far as I can see it would make things a lot simpler for people when travelling into Europe.  The international unit of currency as far as me and my aquaintances are concerned, is the 'Pint of Beer'.

Friends would travel far and wide and on their return the usual question from the Ladies is "What was it like" and "Was it Sunny?" and from the Blokes "How much was a Pint?"

From their response you can judge whether it was a rich or poor country they had just returned from.  Now, if everyone had the Euro, this would make the quick mental arithmetic involved to change Euros into Sterling redundant and give a far more accurate view on the state of a nations economy.

"One Euro and 39 Cents" is more meaningful than "A pint? about 2 quid."  We can always have the queens head on one side and Isambard kingdom Brunel on the other for the Euro sceptics.

Or are there wider implications?  A simple explanation please.

Regards

Kel

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Recycled Water - 0 posts
e mail address,s - 6 posts
RETIREMENT TO SPAIN - 1 posts
New Buyer - 2 posts
Brittany Ferry offer. £39 2 night Plymouth-Santander-Plymouth. Book by 12th March - 3 posts
Non-residents buying a car in Spain - 8 posts
Plumbing - 2 posts
driving to spain - 4 posts
easter - where to go - 3 posts
Cycling in Spain - 3 posts
Spanish Bars & Spanish restaurants in Orhiuela Costa - 6 posts
Dangerous dogs - 14 posts
medina elvira granada - 2 posts
What is E111 - 3 posts
Destitute and facing eviction - 85 year old mother and son from San Isidro on CB - 0 posts
Demolitions near La Marina Village on the Costa Blanca NOW ! - 0 posts
Getting my cat to Spain - 13 posts
Another bit of daftness from Sunny Spain - 39 posts
Hola Life Snagging Surveys - 1 posts
cleaner - 0 posts
The UK lose battle to withhold benefits............ - 17 posts
Pet Insurance - 5 posts
Pool Covers - 4 posts
Hi - 0 posts
What is the best way to pay a small amount of Euros? - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x