Santander Branch change problems

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Feb 2008 12:00 AM by u4400af Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi I am Trevor Mace and have a property in both Majorca and Vera-Playa. I therefore opened an A/C with Santander thinking I would be able to use them in both Majorca and Main Land Spain. the following is a summary of the problems I experienced

A particular area that I have found very problematic is the Spanish banking system which to me does not  have any logic at all.
I opened an A/C with Santander in Majorca and since buying the house in Main Land Spain I requested that the Vera office be my principle branch.
This I was told was not possible I need to open an A/C with the Vera office and close the Majorcan A/C, also any transfers in/out of my deposit A/C takes 2dys as they have to send a written request via post!.
As you can imagine may bank charges are going through the roof.
Anything on the best (and cheapest) ways of banking in Spain would be appreciated.
Trevor

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 9:40 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Trevor,

I had exactly the same problem with CAM.

My original account was opened in Puerto Pollensa,Mallorca,every time you need to do something it is sent by internal mail and my mainland branch could never sort any problems out as "this is not your branch"

I drove my bank manager that mad in the end he agreed to close my account and swap it to here.

As a rule they hate doing it as they get paid bonuses for the amount of money in their particular branch accounts.

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
23 May 2008 4:34 PM by doedoe Star rating in Berkshire. 59 posts Send private message

Hi,      I also had problems with a Spanish bank. Opened a joint account on advise from a Property Agent.
We took time looking for a property and during a year all the funds although only 200 euros were swallowed up with fees from the Bank & Spanish Government.  Only open a Spanish Bank Account if you have found a Property you intend to purchase.
My advise open an account with Halifax, Barclays or any Bank that will explain the fee's charged in your own language, for non residents. if you have less than the minimum funds in the account charges are very high.

You don't need a joint account because you get two charges, you don't need Bank cards or credit cards from the bank unless you have bought your property and intend to use the Banking facilities.   Hope this information is of help. regards,  Doedoe.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

searching for builder. - 0 posts
Buildings Insurance Company registered in Spain required - 3 posts
Property again - Guardian 6/2/08 - 10 posts
First Time member - 2 posts
Good Agent in Fuengirola - 0 posts
Long let wanted in Costa del Sol, nice location. - 1 posts
Changing lawyer - 5 posts
Scrapped Spanish Vehicles - 1 posts
Air Port Car Hire - 76 posts
Is there a best month to buy? - 33 posts
Community Law - 2 posts
Polaris in financial difficulties - 10 posts
addresses for b/bs and small hotels in fortuna - 14 posts
Coeliac - Where can I get gluten-free supplies - 5 posts
Gardening Leave - 3 posts
Tony - 1 posts
Translation - 5 posts
Fun - 8 posts
Working in Spain for uk company - 3 posts
Villa Wanted:CASH BUYER - 2 posts
Hello Everyone - 5 posts
Villa Wanted:CASH BUYER - 0 posts
LONG LET WANTED PLAYA FLAMENCA - 0 posts
Rental Wanted - 6 posts
pozo del esparto apartment - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x