Air Port Car Hire

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Feb 2008 12:00 AM by dealse Star rating in Welwyn Hertfordshire.... 64 posts Send private message

dealse´s avatar

Has anyone experienced problems with Goldcar? i usually book with amigo autos, i last used them two weeks ago. I have just gone to book again for this weekend and there is no mention of goldcar. Any recomendations for a search on hire comps at Murcia airport?

thanks

Like 0      
05 Feb 2008 8:07 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Is tha Europa Goldcar? www.doyouspain.com is who we are using when we go to Murcia on Sunday. The original quote returned was for Auriga, but we used Goldcar at CChristmas and requested them again.

Mark

Like 0      
05 Feb 2008 8:18 PM by dealse Star rating in Welwyn Hertfordshire.... 64 posts Send private message

dealse´s avatar
Yep same company but i booked through Amigo autos everytime and picked goldcar, i now cant find europoa goldcar anywhere

Like 0      
05 Feb 2008 8:41 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

It's more expensive, but you can book direct at http://www.goldcar.es/

Mark

Like 0      
05 Feb 2008 8:46 PM by dealse Star rating in Welwyn Hertfordshire.... 64 posts Send private message

dealse´s avatar
I have tried that but it comes up as no availability for all car types

Like 0      
05 Feb 2008 8:46 PM by dealse Star rating in Welwyn Hertfordshire.... 64 posts Send private message

dealse´s avatar
I have tried that but it comes up as no availability for all car types

Like 0      
05 Feb 2008 8:53 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Strange, I was just looking at that too!! I will have to ask tomorrow as I don't want to be without a car when I arrive on Sunday evening. I am hoping it is just a database problem they are having.

Mark

Like 0      
05 Feb 2008 10:01 PM by jogary Star rating in UK. 193 posts Send private message

jogary´s avatar

Try carjet.com

They use Goldcar amoungst others at Murcia. They are agents and the price is normally cheaper than going direct.

They will give you the cheapest quote of all rentals available for your dates. Used them many times, always found them the cheapest. Never had any problems.

This message was last edited by jogary on 2/5/2008.

Like 0      
05 Feb 2008 10:13 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Did you not look in driving in Spain board ? Go look, endless discussed.  EG CAR HIRE

Like 0      
05 Feb 2008 10:14 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I think it's because they have changed their name, try searching under Europa.

I used them a few trips ago and they have dropped the "Gold Car" and I think it's just Europa now.

Like 0      
06 Feb 2008 3:32 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I sent the following email to them last night:

De: Mark [mailto:********************]
Enviado el: martes, 05 de febrero de 2008 21:57
Para: info
Asunto: Urgent enquiry
Importancia: Alta

I am arriving at murcia airport on Sunday 10th Feb. Your website is not
working, it is not returning prices for any range of vehicles.

Is this a temporary problem or is it something more sinister?

Thanks

Mark

And received the following response this morning:

Hi Mark,

Our website is quite new!

Please send me all the details and I will make you the reservation.

Regards,

Maurice

So there is life there, seems you just need to email them your requirements to central@goldcar.es

Mark

Like 0      
06 Feb 2008 3:53 PM by lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

lifeline´s avatar
Carjet have just told me on the phone that Goldcar are not renting just now and she thinks that it is due to the fact that they are getting a fleet of new cars in. I had booked with Carjet this morning only to find that they gave me Auriga Crown. While I have no problem with Aurigo Crown cars and customer service i do not like their off site set up. She offered me Solmar who are airport based and while it was dearer I was happy with the deal.

This message was last edited by lifeline on 2/6/2008.

Daveil

Like 0      
06 Feb 2008 4:01 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Auriga Crown were due to be at Murcia airport itself this month but it's likely not to be before April, they told me.

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 2:10 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Very interesting !

I mailed that one Mark gave us central@goldcar.es  as their website had no terms & conditions that I could find & I asked if airport office was open 24hrs (as some aren't & they charge extra) also were there penalties if we cancelled a booking. Response from Maurice was office open for your flight times & no penalties at all for cancellations at any time. So far so good.

THEN I went into their website for a quote & look at their price ???

Murcia airport pick up/drop off. Compact car group R (shows a 2 door) Fiat Punto Grande/Ford Fusion/Seat Ibiza. 17/3 2000hrs to 10/4 1900hrs. 502€ !!!

http://www.doyouspain.com/ gave us a 5 dr Renault Clio with A/C with Auriga Crown  for 283.05€ !!!

Yes, as Mark said ..............................

"It's more expensive, but you can book direct at http://www.goldcar.es/"

This message was last edited by morerosado on 2/7/2008.

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 2:49 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Just got another response from Goldcar (pity Doyouspain can't be bothered to reply!!), which says:

"Hi,

No there is no problema with your reservation.
But at the moment we don't have muych cars because we are selling the old cars and buying new ones."

So it seems your sources were correct lifeline. I made alternative arrangements with Auriga, just in case as I can't be troubled by arriving at Murcia at 9pm on Sunday to find no car!!

Mark

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 3:03 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Mark, odd that doyouspain didn't mail you back, always have done us. We use info@doyouspain.com, did you ?

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 3:08 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Yes, that's the address. They have been particularly slow recently in aswering emails. It toook them 4 days to answer a question about the age requirement of drivers that want to rent (incidentally, the minimum age for hiring a car is 21 years with one year driving experience). Very disappointed in this slow reaction time, although the other booking I made last night was in my inbox by 10.00am this morning. It's all about priorities, obviously!!

Mark

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 3:15 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Details were on their website for drivers age though Mark.  DRIVERS AGE

Driving licence
All drivers must produce a Full Driving Licence valid in the EU, held for a minimum of one year. The minimum age required is 21 years old. The upper age limit is 79 years.

Please note that where we use Atesa or Europcar Rent a Car as the supplier (e.g. Madrid, Barcelona and Bilbao) the minimum age is 23, holding the licence for a minimum of two years.

Could be that too many are emailing them about things that they needn't.

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 3:17 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I did look but couldn't see tem at the time. Even less of an excuse to take 4 days then!!

Mark

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 3:18 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

More haste, less speed, my parents used to say.

Even less of an excuse to take 4 days then!!

I did look but couldn't see tem at the time.

Rather unfair, Mark. It is there, hardly their fault you didn't see it.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Is there a best month to buy? - 33 posts
Community Law - 2 posts
Polaris in financial difficulties - 10 posts
addresses for b/bs and small hotels in fortuna - 14 posts
Coeliac - Where can I get gluten-free supplies - 5 posts
Gardening Leave - 3 posts
Tony - 1 posts
Translation - 5 posts
Fun - 8 posts
Working in Spain for uk company - 3 posts
Villa Wanted:CASH BUYER - 2 posts
Hello Everyone - 5 posts
Villa Wanted:CASH BUYER - 0 posts
LONG LET WANTED PLAYA FLAMENCA - 0 posts
Rental Wanted - 6 posts
pozo del esparto apartment - 1 posts
English television in Spain - 1 posts
looking for rental - 1 posts
Spending OUR money !!!!!!!!!! - 3 posts
Benalmadena International College - 0 posts
Theory tests in Spain (online) - 1 posts
Spanish Income Tax on rental income for non residents - 28 posts
GOOD GAME - 12 posts
buying property - 2 posts
looking for 3 or 4 month rental on Costa Blanca, Costa del Sol, Costa Almeria - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 77

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x