North ,South , East ,West.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Jan 2008 12:00 AM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar

Which way to face is the best.

We are planning to buy  in south Costa Blanca later this year but my wife wants as much sunon the terrace as possible.Which wayshould the house be facing to achieve this pleas. I supposea solarium is the complete answer but the places we have priced up all have shared ones.

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
30 Jan 2008 2:51 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
Facing the sea.  During the summer, the sun will be almost overhead so you should get it anyway.  Other months, the sun will be lower and, from the South CB area, your terrace should get virtually all day sun if it is facing the good old Med.

Like 0      
30 Jan 2008 3:10 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Depends on what buildings are around you though. We face the Med at Guardamar in the distance (2km) but only get the sun (in summer months) till around 2pm on our front terraces. We only have the same height villas around us, not high rise buildings. In the winter months, as the sun's lower, it doesn't get onto our terrace till maybe 10am & goes maybe 12 as it disappears behind the villa next door. But we are moving so we will think about the position of our next villa more.

Like 0      
30 Jan 2008 3:22 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes we are south facing so our apartment get's the sun in the afternoon about 2-3 depending on time of year, but I quite like that so I can sit on our terrace in the sun.    But we are not normally their the peak months when it is really hot but neighbour's that are, say you need a respite from the sun,  and some have had awnings put up.    More you are moving?       Pat             

Like 0      
30 Jan 2008 3:29 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Acapulco,

East for the morning sun,west fro the afternoon and evening or south for all day.

The spanish always want North facing to keep the shade as much as possible.

You have to be a liitle careful as the sun all day can be a pain after a while.......................

More,you are moving???????

Like 0      
30 Jan 2008 3:30 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Pat. I owe you an email so I'll do that before I go to bed, ok ? (Tell you then).

Like 0      
30 Jan 2008 3:35 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Georgia, OH says I can move. Will obviously only use you, wouldn't dare go elsewhere.

Get those €1.5 m properties ready for March 18th.

(Must have sun all day).

Like 0      
30 Jan 2008 3:43 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

I would just like to say that you and your OH half are fabulous judges of character.........................................

Seriously,1.5m,ummmmmm,just about do that i think............................. is that including taxes??????????????

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Can someone explain the "I've made x no of posts" - 4 posts
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FORUM - 2 posts
Al Mar El Mar - 6 posts
£19m Lotto winner - 3 posts
Spanish Government hides their banks troubles - 0 posts
swap your uk flat for my 2 bed penthouse - 0 posts
Does this amount sound okay to you tax people out there - 11 posts
About to buy - 17 posts
Camper Van Hire to tour Spain - 0 posts
What is the responsibility of The Townhall? - 8 posts
If you sell a Spanish property and buy another is there relief on capital gains tax? - 7 posts
Flights with British Airways - 40 posts
Towels and bed linen for the rental market - 17 posts
i need a long term let - 1 posts
One for you girls.... - 11 posts
Inland Auctions - 0 posts
FAO Admin: Contacting Rental Agents Problem - 5 posts
Long Term Unfurnished Property Wanted in Alcaidesa - 0 posts
Completion - 20 posts
Ford Transit Luton Van - 1 posts
4 birth caravan for sale - 0 posts
Van Hire - 0 posts
washing machine repair - 2 posts
DRIVING MEDICAL - 10 posts
Property off plan in Darro - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x