beach property in murcia

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Jan 2007 12:00 AM by collin_hussey Star rating in wimbledon. 1 posts Send private message

hi,

i flew out to murcia a couple of weeks ago and and saw a few beach resorts.

can anybody shed anymore light on good develolpments in the area?

Ta'

CH

Like 0      
16 Jan 2007 5:39 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hello colin,

I heard that Murcia have put the block on developing their beach area, as it was a sore point with the locals, spoiling a natural area.

However, I do know that there are some developments going up which are those expensive gated communities called Polaris World.

You could trylooking on their web site.

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
16 Jan 2007 5:54 PM by jogary Star rating in UK. 193 posts Send private message

jogary´s avatar

Hi Colin

There is Nueva Ribera beach club in Los Alcazares which is currently under construstion. There are numerous deveopments going on in Murcia but I think that is the only true beach club. Polaris World say they are having a beach club at La Manga with shuttle bus from San Javier but its not clear if this is going to be residential or not. You could have a look at The Polaris World forum to see the comments from owners and purchasers. Their Mar Menor 2 resort is probably closest to the coast but you still need a car.  Roda golf is only about 5 mins by car from the coast.

Like 0      
16 Jan 2007 6:14 PM by vercol Star rating in Bedfordshire. 115 posts Send private message

Hi

Suggest you look at http://www.rodagolf.com/

We bought off plan there last year on phase 3 should be ready late this year. 

There is a beach club planned with bus/ferry transfer.

See seperate message board fro Roda.

Good luck!

Like 0      
16 Jan 2007 9:29 PM by lytton Star rating in Bath & North East So.... 422 posts Send private message

Fibby

Your comments on "those expensive Polaris World resorts" gave me the impression you don't like them!!!! The latest phase in Condado de Alhamba has two beds for approx 123,000 euros (about 90K) which to me seems good value compared to the properties at Roda Golf albeit Roda Golf seems very nice. Polaris seems to have a lot of bad press at the moment, trying to establish why. Might start a new posting to get further viewpoints both good and bad. No, I'm not an estate agent, just a person who has recently paid a deposit and beginning to wander why so many negative waves!!!!!

Phil

Like 0      
19 Jan 2007 4:13 PM by gill_malouf Star rating in Stockport, Cheshire. 201 posts Send private message

Puerto De Mazzaron is an area that seems to be being over developed at the mo...I bought in May 2005....and my investment is costing me 802 euros a month mortgage...and when it is rented out I get between 400 and 450 euro a month. It is also very demanding having a place in such an area. Don't have any lawyers from the local area...there is a cartel, everyone in each others pockets.

I am beginning to think that that is the case all over Spain!! 

Like 0      
19 Jan 2007 5:44 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
Hi Lytton,
Sorry, I shouldn't have voiced myself like that about Polaris World!
I really don't know much about them, just that their TV adverts portray their sites as prestigious gated communities, that even have their own vineyards and labelled wine, I hear?
Maybe the way that they promote themselves gives people the impression that you have to be rich to buy from them. But you have shown that's not true.
Not sure why they have bad press at the moment, but if I remember rightly, when I read about the hoo ha in Murcia about them building on land that the locals wanted kept natural, I think that there was some suggestion of Polaris World lining one of the Spanish Officials pocket.
I am sure I read it in Costa Blanca on Line, Roundtown News or Coastrider........
regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
19 Jan 2007 7:12 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/16/2007.

Like 0      
19 Jan 2007 7:40 PM by 8yewtree Star rating in San Cayetano, Murcia.... 316 posts Send private message

8yewtree´s avatar
Hi

We also viewed Polaris World property and although it looks superb. And there is no doubt that the standard of construction, fittings, facilities etc will be fantastic when they are all completed, however it really depends what you will use your property for. If it is a holiday home or rental investment property then the facilites are excellent. If you want a home then I don't think they're suitable.

We viewed around 18 properties all in Costa Calida and found one which is perfect in every way for a family home. Hacienda San Cayetano by Taray. I'm not sure how many units are left but they were extremely high quality and only 7 minutes to the beach.

Another complex we looked at, which was within walking distance to the beach was Ribiera Beach Apartments. They weren't suitable for us so I can't really tell you much more. Good luck with your search and don't be afraid to say no. It is your money you are spending. If you are looking for a reputable agent who aren't hard sell then try Medsea Estates based in Torrevieja. They will meet you anywhere. We found them to be very honest and genuine.

D.

Like 0      
19 Jan 2007 10:45 PM by lytton Star rating in Bath & North East So.... 422 posts Send private message

8yewtree (D)

My main reason to but at PW is to have it a a holiday home and, although not the ideal solution to my "piece of Spain" to chill out in, the price fell within my budget. Similar properties I looked at on the web were in excess of £120. By the way, how much are the properites going for in Hacienda San Cayetano by Taray? I've never heard of the place, where is it. Perhaps you could give me some details.

Phil

Like 0      
21 Jan 2007 6:46 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Fibby how could you............................a developer lining an official's pocket in Spain .....................................perish the thought. There I was thinking you were such a nice person and then you say something like that insinuating that something like that could happen!!! Whatever next.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
21 Jan 2007 7:07 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/16/2007.

Like 0      
21 Jan 2007 7:37 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hi Colin, it does depend on your personal priorities, eg, the beach resorts around the mar menor are fab, have lots of facilities and loads to do.  If you're after something a bit quieter take look at the beach on the border of murcia and alicante at el mojon/torre de la horadada.  Small villages with fabulous beaches, nature reserve.  New buildings along side the sand dunes and back of village.  Nice parks and marina at torre de la horadada.  This area is on the med but right next to Mar menor.  The new golf properties are very close (I have one), but not on the beach.  Try Richard Rooke at Villavalue based in Mil Palmeras.   

Jane

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Chiropractor needed - 13 posts
When the plans changed (Brisas Del Mar) - 0 posts
Mimosa Beach Gardens - 27 posts
** EDITED ** - 2 posts
Anyone from Staffordshire or Cheshire? - 1 posts
Mijas area, Costa Del Sol - 3 posts
Renting out - 1 posts
Spanish Mortgages - high set up costs? - 5 posts
Spanish Wills - 4 posts
Interesting website.. Professional pilots chatting to each other. - 13 posts
security grills - 11 posts
water boilers - 12 posts
Easyjet £5 extra APD Tax - 40 posts
EURO RATE - 15 posts
Compleaños Feliz Justin - 6 posts
mark & karen - 2 posts
Happy 33rd Birthday Justin! - 0 posts
RyanAir 2 for 1 offer - 1 posts
***RATE ALERT!*** - 4 posts
Bank Guarantees - 2 posts
Free Web Sites - 4 posts
Bank Guarantee - 1 posts
Message from Debbie Muirhead - 3 posts
Foreign Exchange Is Simple! - 0 posts
Foreign Exchange Is Simple! - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x