Tenerife, Oasis La Caleta, La Caleta.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Dec 2007 12:00 AM by london pride Star rating in eastbourne sussex. 2 posts Send private message

Hello to you all

We are newbees to this site, and glad we found it. 

We are coming out to Fuengirola on the 3rd of February 08 to look for a bar to buy, mad or not?  But  if we don,t try we will only wonder...... anybody done it or going to, your thoughts would be very welcome. 

We will also be looking for a long term rental apartment  in the Fuengirola area 2 bed with satellite tv, pool can anyone help many thanks  .

Like 0      
16 Dec 2007 9:05 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi London Pride

Don't know much about the Fuengirola area but wish you luck. I'm sure there will be others from down there that will be able to give you a bit of advice.

Cheers

Like 0      
16 Dec 2007 10:08 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Welcome Londonpride,

Love your forum name, is your surname Fullers by any chance?

And into opening a bar!

I wish you good luck with your venture.

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
17 Dec 2007 2:41 PM by pooley-santos Star rating in London UK/Huercal Ov.... 58 posts Send private message

Hi There- A word of caution!

With respect may I ask if you have any experience of the licensed trade? If not then think very, very carefully before making any commitment.

My personal view is that you are choosing a hard area in which to operate a bar, Benalmadena, Fuengorola, Torromolinos you have entire roads, squares of Brit bars all trying for the same business all undercutting one another trying to offer the cheapest pint and breakfast. Your neighbour smiling at you whilst stabbing you in the back and those are just the good points!

I was born in a pub and have had involvement in the licensed trade all my working life (I am a director of  a UK  company operating a bar restaurand and a table dancing club) and I always maintained that there was no way that I would ever operate a bar anywhere that I had lived in Spain and I have had a property in Spain since 1982 at Benalmadina, Torremolinos, Benidorm, Puerto Banus and Marbella. That was until I moved to the Mojacar area, I don't operate a bar here I might add, but from what I've seen it is an area, not nessacerily Mojacar itself, that you at least stand a chabnce of earning a living! Unlike so many other areas where the only people earning any money are the freeholders, selling agents and solicitors.

Just a view mind, just a view

Like 0      
17 Dec 2007 6:51 PM by london pride Star rating in eastbourne sussex. 2 posts Send private message

Hello there,

Thank you for your words of caution ,it has given us food for thought, it will be a complete change for us career  wise, we are not set completely on one area, we just want to succeed god willing.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

mcneils bistro flamenca beach complex - 0 posts
Wonderful Internet - 3 posts
help - 0 posts
Are you travelling from/to a BAA airport over Christmas? You may want to read this. - 2 posts
lawyer needed urgent - 1 posts
Sat Nav in Spain - 7 posts
Freeview in Spain - 44 posts
Belmonte International San Miguel de Salinas, Alicante - 3 posts
Does anyone know a locksmith in the Orihuela/Murcia area - 6 posts
Locksmith in the Orihuela/Murcia area - 0 posts
advice - 9 posts
Air Miles - 2 posts
C2SKYMARBELLA HAVE NOW REOPENED AS "HILLTOP PROPERTY SERVICES!" - 8 posts
C2SKYMARBELLA HAVE NOW REOPENED AS "HILLTOP PROPERTY SERVICES" - 0 posts
Property Management, make the right choice - 46 posts
Who's active on this forum - at Bosque III? - 0 posts
Furniture Delivery - 2 posts
fines for lack of bank guarantee - 6 posts
Greetings! - 7 posts
Telephone and Internet Installed - 11 posts
On the outside - 7 posts
CHEAP FLIGHTS - 4 posts
More like driving through Spain...and France....to UK - 17 posts
GET WELL SOON JUSTIN!!! - 8 posts
childs mini bike - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x