Property Management, make the right choice

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Dec 2007 12:00 AM by all connections Star rating in Mijas. 22 posts Send private message

Hi all, I would just like to reciprocate on one or two of the items that have already been discussed on this forum.

When choosing your property management company firstly make sure they are S.l which is Equivalent to Limited company in the uk, if they have gone to the trouble and expense of registering their company then they are probably a reliable setup. Also interview them, you are about to give them your keys to probably one of the biggest personal investments you are going to make. During the interview ask them for some references, ask them how are they going to guarantee that they will visit your property. Short term is better than long term because you get to use the property when its vacant. Also take responsibility for your own investment, network your property to friends, work colleagues’ and acquaintances you will be surprised just how many rentals you will get just from word of mouth, think about it the average person knows 200 people they know two hundred people, you have just advertised to 40 thousand people. Most property management companies will try to rent your property as they make very little money if they don’t rent but you need to consider that you are up against the hotels so ask your property management company how they are going to give your clients a memorable experience, because they are your clients at the end of the day, and people, particularly in the uk are creatures of habit and if they get special treatment they will come back.

Some pointers

1. Ensure your property management is adequately insured

2. Make surprise visits, always get the company to run a calendar of your rentals so you know exactly when it is rented out 

3. Take responsibility for your own rentals by advertising to everybody you know, then get them to tell everybody they know.

4. Interview your property management company,

I hope I have, at least, given you some idea of how to work with your property management company, there are some really good ones out there as long as you work with them

Property investment is still a great idea in Spain it will always be the California of Europe and the Spanish people are some of the most helpful and genuine around but, like the uk, and most other places in the world, there is an element of undesirables out there, be careful with your investment.

Michael

Like 0      
26 Dec 2007 11:54 AM by jojan Star rating. 200 posts Send private message

Michael

Very good reading.  Do you have any personal recommendations in the Estepona/Dequesa area?

Jojan

Like 0      
27 Dec 2007 6:07 PM by all connections Star rating in Mijas. 22 posts Send private message

Yes, sent a private message with details of a great Property Management Company, not sure if you can post company info on this site

Regards

Like 0      
29 Dec 2007 5:55 PM by jojan Star rating. 200 posts Send private message

Michael

Thank you for that information we will look into it. I presume you are either involved with them or are using them yourself.

Regards

Jojan

Like 0      
29 Dec 2007 6:22 PM by all connections Star rating in Mijas. 22 posts Send private message

Yes Jojan, i work for them, but being unbiased, they are a great company, i have been in the indusrty for a long time and its a pleasure working for a company who genuinally cares about their customers

Kind regards

Like 0      
29 Dec 2007 7:11 PM by jojan Star rating. 200 posts Send private message

Thank you Michael for a speedy response.

Like 0      
29 Dec 2007 7:18 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

OMG!

Blatant advertising going on here!

Justin won't be happy....................

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
29 Dec 2007 7:28 PM by all connections Star rating in Mijas. 22 posts Send private message

How can this be advertising, no names hae been passed and i am very supportive of this principle otherwise its just another web advertising portal, and i think we will leave this to google. Oops more advertising

Like 0      
29 Dec 2007 7:39 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

ALL your posts (8) are about property management.

Haven't you got any other advice for our members?

If not, then yes, you ARE advertising!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
29 Dec 2007 7:44 PM by all connections Star rating in Mijas. 22 posts Send private message

Hi FibbyUK Good website Pot calling Kettle i think. I have only just joined this site and yes i have done other posts not related to property management, but i am sure looking at your posts we will have many meaningful discourses in the future.

Looking forward to them

Best intensions 

Like 0      
29 Dec 2007 8:52 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Can I put the record straight here!

Justin, the site owner, allows ALL members to have a link to their website within their member signature.

What he does not allow is flagrant advertising on his forum.

As for the "pot calling the kettle black", I do not like the tone of your posts.

I do not advertise on this forum, I do not have to, neither do I wish to do so, in fact, I don't need to!

This is NOT what EOS is all about.

We are not here to bemoan or belittle other members, we are here as a common community who all have a vested interest in Spanish property, usually because we own one, or are in the process of buying one.

We are here to give help and advice to one another, not just to advertise our wares.

People join this forum for help and guidance, often because they are bewildered by the buying process and need reassurance.

I for one, started as a member of this forum to find and form friendships and to chat about my Spanish buying experience.

Can I suggest that unless you change your tone, you will not become an asset to this forum.

I wish you and what ever your business is, a very prosperous new year.

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
29 Dec 2007 9:43 PM by jojan Star rating. 200 posts Send private message

Hi All

Sorry to cause any unrest between members, didn't mean to, but my wife and I are in the process of being first time buyers abroad and need as much help and advise that anyone can give us.

Jojan

Like 0      
29 Dec 2007 10:00 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

No no Jojan!

You are not in the wrong at all!

Please don't feel bad, this is nothing to do with you at all!

Unfortunately, all forums have this problem where people advertise their business, they hope, for free!

It's not a fair way to do business, as the unwary can be lulled into a false sense of security.

We all make "friends" on forums, hopefully, the right ones, but often, sadly, people make "friends", just to sell their own business.

We don't know if their business is good or bad, so it is better to have no advertising at all.

That way, the EOS members are relatively safe.

If they choose to take up a service via EOS, it would be on their own volition and NOT as a recomendation by EOS.

Please, please, do not be put off by this little altercation!

You will see this quite frequently!

After all, we, the members, hope to keep this forum free of such unscrupulous advertising!

Anyway, welcome to EOS!

Please enjoy the forum as we all do!

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
30 Dec 2007 12:46 AM by all connections Star rating in Mijas. 22 posts Send private message

Server problems

This message was last edited by all connections on 12/30/2007.

Like 0      
30 Dec 2007 12:46 AM by all connections Star rating in Mijas. 22 posts Send private message

FibbyUK, I am going to take a minute before i answer you,

** EDITED ** Against forum rules

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 12/30/2007.

Like 0      
30 Dec 2007 12:54 AM by all connections Star rating in Mijas. 22 posts Send private message

** EDITED ** Personal attacks are totally against the forum rules

Like 0      
30 Dec 2007 9:57 AM by all connections Star rating in Mijas. 22 posts Send private message

O.k i will reword, FibbyUK has got it wrong completely. I have nothing to advertise, I don’t own a company, My extensive experience of 20 years in the property management industry both here and the u.k, allows me the privilege of talking about a subject I know about. My advise (Not Advertise) is simple, be careful who you choose there are bandits out there.

Whoever you choose follow the simple rules of my first post and you shouldn’t go wrong.

People are looking for advice on this forum, other members shouldn’t make it personal, it spoils for others

Regards to all

Like 0      
30 Dec 2007 3:25 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

I must agree all connections

I was lucky enough through this forum to get a fab keyholding company, which was recommended to me. I have since heard that some others are pants. As first timers ourselves there is so much to sort out when you are so far away and the forum is here to help people no? Furniture advice and lots of friends made too. So I really have to say that the first post was a good source of information and advice given to members that are looking for some friendly advice. How else are we to get information and help for a very important decision to be made. I'm in sales myself but fail to see how this is blatant advertising. Thank you for the helpful pointers and welcome to the forum. Good luck Jojan and hope you will be happy with your Spanish purchase, we are and I would like to thank Justin for this great web site. I have had  a great deal of info and a lot of fun too from it. Let Justin make decisions about what should be posted and what shouldn't then we will not have to be subjected to disagreements between members and continue to enjoy an invaluable source of information. As we have already read so many times about crook estate agents and others it should be up to the individual to make a choice after researching the companies that have been recommended as we did and build up a rapport before comitting themselves.

Hope we all have an enjoyable 2008 and everyone can enjoy the forum and have a good time.

Like 0      
30 Dec 2007 4:03 PM by all connections Star rating in Mijas. 22 posts Send private message

Thanks for the support Candyfloss, and i reiterate all you have said, this site is a great tool, and look forward to spending time on it with people such as yourself.

Happy new year

Feliz Nuevo Ano

To all members

Like 0      
30 Dec 2007 4:55 PM by jojan Star rating. 200 posts Send private message

Thank you to you all we will not be put off and certainly intend to continue using the forum for help and advice - so, to anybody out there who thinks they can advise us on anything associated with our new venture then please feel free, we will listen to all and bin what we don't like.  Lets hope we all have a better year in 2008 than 2007.

Regards and Happy New Year to you all.

Jojan

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Who's active on this forum - at Bosque III? - 0 posts
Furniture Delivery - 2 posts
fines for lack of bank guarantee - 6 posts
Greetings! - 7 posts
Telephone and Internet Installed - 11 posts
On the outside - 7 posts
CHEAP FLIGHTS - 4 posts
More like driving through Spain...and France....to UK - 17 posts
GET WELL SOON JUSTIN!!! - 8 posts
childs mini bike - 0 posts
Easyjet's latest !! Speedy Boarding Plus ! - 0 posts
Can anyone give advice? Mum's changed her mind!! - 5 posts
Not ANOTHER Trevor McDonald prog ?? YEP ! - 99 posts
Justin.. bucket's in trouble ! - 1 posts
Spanish need help! - 2 posts
Mansion Club Marbella - Long Term Rental Required by Professional Couple - 0 posts
Mansion Club Marbella - Long Term Rental required by Professional Couple - 3 posts
Mansion Club - looking for Long Term Rental / Professional Couple. - 0 posts
Month early - 2 posts
Using Foreign Exchange Companies when setting up abroad - 3 posts
Renting out property in Zeniamar Orihuela Costa - 1 posts
Multi trip holiday insurance - 21 posts
Some new features please? - 10 posts
Pueblo Canario Corralejo - 3 posts
Ikea - Alicante - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 47

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x