Some new features please?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Dec 2007 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Dear Father Christmas (or Justin whoever reads first)

I would like in my stocking this year, well the forum anyway .

Is there a chance that a post can be previewed before posting? There are many times when something just doesn't look right, but you can't tell until it is posted. You then have to go to the bother of editing which leaves that nasty tag at the bottom. Being able to preview would help to position items within the post.

Also, can we have some way of quoting a previous post or part of one? It can be awkward to copy/ paste the text and attribute it to someone whilst trying to keep the response in context.

Thank you

Mark

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 10:41 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Mark, I think maybe Santa will read it first. (Sorry Justin but Mark asked this about preview before & I did too, before him). It is annoying that we cannot have previews with the "edited by marksfish/morerosado/others on xyz date" only coming into its own after others have responded, as on other forums.

As Mark said, a post looks better with careful positioning of pics/text &, when we initially post, it often looks different to what then is posted. I'm forever returning & editing. For instance, I hate to see what seems to be bad spelling just because my fingers slipped on keyboard & I missed noticing it before posting. 

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 12:09 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I am going to risk playing devils advocate here .

I realise that Justin probably didn't want EOS to be "just any old forum", but the off the shelf packages (such as YaBB &PHPBB) have everything you need and are very customisable to any site. I admire the fact Justin wants to develop his own coding to make the site individual, but time constraints mean many things get put on the back burner for a while. I am sure a MYSQL database could be easliy imported to one of these forum packages and it would mean a lot less work for Justin to have to worry about?

Didn't mean to offend anyone, but thought I would ask the question.

Mark

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 12:41 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
EOS isn't just any old forum, Mark. It's got you & me.

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 12:50 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

And Me!!!

Morerosado - I am going to delve into the bucket this evening under Annmarie's guidance just to wish you a happy holiday... so watch that space

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 3:33 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 6:03 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi Everyone, Santa here!

Not really, only me.....

The preview function is on the to do list.  I push it up the order a bit...

I did look into all the off-the-shelf forum solutions originally but it was impossible to integrate them into our original development forum database.  Remember, we have over 4,000 development forums on the site and trying to integrate  something such as PHPBB with the original posts was very complicated.

The ONLY solution was really to develop a bespoke facility, even if it has been a huge headache!

But, I've got some really interesting ideas which will come online over the next few months which would only be possible with a bespoke facility such as this one.

Anyway, must get back to bed now.  I'm on bed rest.  I was in London all last week and on my return managed to twist my back and I'm sort of leaning over at 45º at the moment.  Very painful.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 6:16 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

On no, poor Justin. I know how you feel as I twisted my back whilst in Spain last trip & was walking with my left hip stuck out & I was in agony. It was three days before we flew home so I was almost having panics. However, with the Arnica gel I kept massaging over my lower back & my wonderful Neo magnets taped either side of my spine, I made it onto the flight home. Hope you feel loads better soon. Best not to ask how you twisted YOUR back.   All I did was bend, obviously awkwardly, to put my slippers on, TRULY. (Sorry if you don't believe me !)

Like 0      
13 Dec 2007 4:21 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Didn't realise there were so many development forums Justin. A list on PHPBB would take forever to load!!

At least I know now why our forum is unique .

Mark

Like 0      
13 Dec 2007 5:14 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Justin

I've sent you a P.M. It should help cure your

problem.

Like 0      
19 Apr 2008 11:21 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Justin,  are we any nearer having preview posts seeing as if we want to edit we need to do it immediately in case other members post straight after us ?

You did say this in this thread 12 Dec 2007 6:03 PM

Hi Everyone, Santa here!

The preview function is on the to do list.  I push it up the order a bit...

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Pueblo Canario Corralejo - 3 posts
Ikea - Alicante - 4 posts
Hand Luggage - 3 posts
swap your uk property with my costa del sol app - 0 posts
apartment - 2 posts
New Year Celebrations - 18 posts
Snag List / Insurance / tips on completion - 0 posts
Alta Entinas update - 5 posts
After Completion Payments - 4 posts
Can anyone recommend an agent for selling in El Algar - 1 posts
Property Franchise - 1 posts
on the move - 2 posts
hello to you all - 3 posts
We found our area - 9 posts
weather in alicante - 5 posts
Andalucian Dream Homes - 5 posts
Bank Repossessions - 5 posts
Apartment Different to Plan - 5 posts
Buying in Puerto Marina Los Alcazares - 1 posts
San Javier extension - 10 posts
sending money to spain - 1 posts
Constitution day. - 3 posts
Easyjet have released their Luton flights now - 0 posts
Enquiry about Maria de Castro's baby son. - 3 posts
Has it happened yet??? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x