Alta Entinas update

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Dec 2007 12:00 AM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

Can anyone tell me why we can't hear our DVDs when played in Spain?

We recently purchased a 'LG' 19 LCD TV and DVD player for our apartment.  However we can only hear the DVD if sitting next to the set as the sound is so poor.  TV sound is fine. If playing a CD on the DVD player we have to turn the sound even lower as it's so loud but even turning the sound up to max we can't hear the DVD. 

Our daughter who has a place in France said they've encoutered the same problem even with locally purchased DVDs. 

Is there something we should be doing?  Neither my husband nor I are very techie minded and never managed to connect the pro logic system to our TV that we purchased many years ago.  We just need to plug in and go.

Like 0      
10 Dec 2007 12:52 PM by damok666 Star rating in Sunderland. 75 posts Send private message

Hi Sonia,

Without knowing too much about it I had a similar problem where there was another piece of equipment(a PS2 if I remember correctly) which was all linked together with the DVD and TV and that other item had to be completely unplugged before the sound would play normally.  Or you have possibly selected the wrong soundtrack on the DVD, for example if you only have 2.0 speakers but have selected 5.1 sound track it will cause problems.

HTH

Damian

Like 0      
10 Dec 2007 1:29 PM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

Thanks for the suggestions. There is only the DVD player attached to the TV. I did try changing the set ups on the DVD player but nothing seemed to work.  I thought about adding some external speakers? The DVDs were played in the UK on basic machine and TV - again both made by LG. 

Like 0      
10 Dec 2007 10:46 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

How are they connected, if by scart leads perhaps if they are definately in the correct connectors then you may need to try another scart lead.  Some of the cheaper ones do not work or connect properly.

Like 0      
11 Dec 2007 9:51 AM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

Mine are connected by a Scart lead that we purchased at the same time as the TV and DVD player. There is only one scart connection point.   I might try and different one next time I'm over.  I've tried changing the other connections (audio etc) into different sockets but no change.

My daughter who has the same problem in France uses an integrated TV/DVD so no connections needed.

Like 0      
11 Dec 2007 12:42 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I've just read your first message again and realised that the scart must be connected properly as you are getting sound from a cd but not from a DVD.

Strange can't think what else to suggest over than trying to contact LG, as your daughter is having the same problem with an intergrated system.

Scart leads are supposed to be the best connection, you can get ones which have a scart at one end and audio (red white and yellow) leads at the other if one of the items doesn't have a scart connection.  I don't think this is the answer as you get sound from a CD so your connection must be ok.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

After Completion Payments - 4 posts
Can anyone recommend an agent for selling in El Algar - 1 posts
Property Franchise - 1 posts
on the move - 2 posts
hello to you all - 3 posts
We found our area - 9 posts
weather in alicante - 5 posts
Andalucian Dream Homes - 5 posts
Bank Repossessions - 5 posts
Apartment Different to Plan - 5 posts
Buying in Puerto Marina Los Alcazares - 1 posts
San Javier extension - 10 posts
sending money to spain - 1 posts
Constitution day. - 3 posts
Easyjet have released their Luton flights now - 0 posts
Enquiry about Maria de Castro's baby son. - 3 posts
Has it happened yet??? - 0 posts
Aifos - 3 posts
IBI Council Tax receipt - 6 posts
Cat Transport - 4 posts
Terry Imrie - 1 posts
vistalmar sur villas - 0 posts
Ex-Pat Faux-Pas? - 9 posts
Thinking of using Parador Properties? Think Again! - 18 posts
Woodburning stoves - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x