Automatic Rip Off

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Nov 2007 12:00 AM by debrich Star rating in Essex/ Thalassa Vera.... 38 posts Send private message

debrich´s avatar

I am trying to hire an automatic car for 6 days while in Spain next week.  I feel happier driving an automatic as this is what i am used to driving here in England.  Automatics are so easy to drive and being free from changing gears is one less thing to think about.  What i cant understand is why do car hire companys charge almost £40 more for the privalige of driving automatics.  I have a quote for a manual focus £78 or Auto Focus £117.  I will go for the automatic anyway but just think it is a rip off.

Deb

Like 0      
29 Nov 2007 9:33 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Deb

I can't answer your question but I was wondering if you had looked at www.doyouspain.com? They do charge extra but I looked at monday to friday & the difference was only £25.

Might be worth a look.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
04 Dec 2007 9:11 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Automatics just aren't very popular or common in Spain, so the scarcity of automatic rentals may have something to do with it. But I think it's the same in the UK. I think rental companies figure anyone who wants an automatic, it's probably because they can't drive a manual, so they've got 'em by the short 'n' curlies!

Conversely, have you ever tried asking for a manual from a rental co. in the USA? They'll look at you like you're some kinda freak!

(BTW, I drive an auto - out of choice, I hasten to add!)

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
13 Jan 2008 10:53 PM by RG Star rating. 299 posts Send private message

Also because they are more expensive to buy in the 1st place and if something goes wrong with them they are more expensive to fix although most hire cars are new so should be covered under warranty.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Agents cash back lies - 2 posts
Data Protection Act 1999 - 5 posts
Expenditure before establishment of community...... liable or not? - 6 posts
Diabetics in Spain - Medication cost and Medical care - 7 posts
Handball club(s) in granada! - 0 posts
What happened to Interealty? - 6 posts
Health advice - 2 posts
ToysRUs now in Elche, Costa Blanca, just in time for Christmas. - 14 posts
LOVING HOME NEEDED FOR 2 SMALL DOGS - 4 posts
Paying your own taxes in Spain BE AWARE - 0 posts
Embed code in edit feature - 0 posts
IKEA MALAGA - 5 posts
Living In Spain TV - 0 posts
Any Fishermen out There - 4 posts
Last updated thread - 4 posts
Hi - 7 posts
el valle murcia - 1 posts
I watched the video, did you ? Getting close to the Spanish. - 1 posts
Sharone - 3 posts
Can you sell if LFO is in place? - 17 posts
Which website to use. HR or HL? - 4 posts
3 years living in Mazarrón - 0 posts
new home urgently required for 2 small dogs - 0 posts
My 3 Seconds of Fame - 1 posts
insight into ocean estates international - 42 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x