What happened to Interealty?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Nov 2007 12:00 AM by Aggie Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

HI everyone,

I recently visited the Costa Del Sol after 10 years away, and I noticed that Interealty the estate agency has now gone.  Anyone know what happened?

The reason I am asking is that I used to work for Interealty back in 1992-3 when it first started.

Like 0      
28 Nov 2007 5:34 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Hi Aggie - around 4 years ago (maybe 3) they closed up shop amongst many rumours. They hadnt paid a lot of staff and there were street demonstrations about that, social security hadnt been paid and I think Hacienda were closing in. Now a few people have said they sold the company for a euro then closed the business, otheres that the main guys are operating under a different name. Also Ian is living in Thailand on the dosh he took, others say he is working elsewhere, but the company is no longer operating from anywhere.

I think the website may still be live - it was the last time I looked, but all the offieces were locked up with computers and stuff still inside and no one really knows what happened for sure.

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
28 Nov 2007 5:53 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

"all the offices were locked up with computers and stuff still inside"

Not in Torremolinos! The guys there saw the writing on the wall and emptied the office just in time. A few days later, they were up and running in their own office down the road, complete with furniture, computers and a full portfolio of properties! Nice one, guys!

(They didn't last too long, however, and have now moved on to pastures new - good luck to them)

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
28 Nov 2007 6:48 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Oh wow! The main office had everything still in it, like a ghost office!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
11 Dec 2007 10:16 AM by sref Star rating in Costa Blanca, Spain. 5 posts Send private message

The main office in Guardamar has been closed for sometime now and is operating as another company (nothing to do with real estate).

I tried endless times to get in contact with them when I hear rumors that they had closed down, one rumor I have heard is that they have stopped trading on the mainland but are still active on some of the islands, is it true? I don't know first hand.

I wanted to buy off some of their domains but couldn't get in touch with anyone.

Like 0      
11 Dec 2007 4:57 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

On a similar note.....

Does anyone know whatever happened to Harry? Otherwise known as Global Property in Torremolinos, one day he was chatting and having coffee next door to his shop as usual, next day he had vanished, leaving behind an empty office and a rumour of a 40 grand deposit on a villa that had disappeared with him. Perhaps he's in Panama????

And come to think of it, what happened to Golden Coast, Salinas Miguel &  Piso Pack, to name just a few that I can think of that have dropped out of the game here in Torremolinos over the last few months?

I have a hunch things are going to pick up in the new year. Anyone got any thoughts?

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 11:56 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Golden Coast - now if that was the same lot as in Marbella and La Cala - they ran with dosh as well but a while ago!

I would live to be sharing your hunch, but mine is nope - wont be picking up in the new year but will go the other way with loads more distressed and giving keys back to banks!

I would love to be wrong, but being female...................................................

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Health advice - 2 posts
ToysRUs now in Elche, Costa Blanca, just in time for Christmas. - 14 posts
LOVING HOME NEEDED FOR 2 SMALL DOGS - 4 posts
Paying your own taxes in Spain BE AWARE - 0 posts
Embed code in edit feature - 0 posts
IKEA MALAGA - 5 posts
Living In Spain TV - 0 posts
Any Fishermen out There - 4 posts
Last updated thread - 4 posts
Hi - 7 posts
el valle murcia - 1 posts
I watched the video, did you ? Getting close to the Spanish. - 1 posts
Sharone - 3 posts
Can you sell if LFO is in place? - 17 posts
Which website to use. HR or HL? - 4 posts
3 years living in Mazarrón - 0 posts
new home urgently required for 2 small dogs - 0 posts
My 3 Seconds of Fame - 1 posts
insight into ocean estates international - 42 posts
Cabo roig - 2 posts
REGISTER A CAR IN SPAIN - 7 posts
uk tax liability for spanish rental property - 7 posts
SHOULD I COMPLETE ..your views please - 11 posts
administrative position - 0 posts
Blackmail or not - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x