Jet 2 baggage question

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Nov 2007 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Just a quick question for Jet 2 customers. I think I know the answer really, just want to make sure I have got it right. When we go to Murcia in December we have paid for bags. The airline website says:

Permitted: Each travelling fare paying passenger is permitted 10kg of hand baggage measuring up to 46cmx30cmx23cm. It is not possible to use your hand baggage allowance against your checked baggage allowance or vice versa.

Each travelling fare paying passenger is permitted up to a total of 20kg of checked baggage weight. However, there is a cost for each individual bag per flight. When pre-booked online this is 5GBP/ 8EUR/ 12CHF/ 250CZK/ 60NOK/ 30PLN. (10GBP/ 15EUR/ 23CHF/ 500CZK/ 120NOK/ 60PLN at the airport). If the combined total weight of all bags is more than 20kg you will incur an excess baggage charge at the airport, in addition to the individual bag charge. No single bag can weigh more than 25kg.

The way I read it is that my basic booking entitles me to 10kg of hand luggage. Because I have paid my £5 extra, that also entitles me to a checked bag weighing no more than 20kg, so I can take a total of 30kg. Is that right? I have tried contacting CS, but although they are a Leeds based airline, the call centre is outsourced and it is difficult to get a definitive answer. The annoying thing is you can't pay for a bag one way only on a return flight. We are taking out 3 cases but only bringing back 2, but it has to be paid for anyway!!

Mark

Like 0      
15 Nov 2007 11:56 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Mark

I'm not a Jet2 customer but I read it same as you explained it. I assume there are three of you travelling seeing as you say you're taking three checked in bags out but only bringing two checked in bags back. When we book these days (EasyJet)we never know if we're going to bother taking checked in bags or just hand baggage when booking months in advance but we always book as if we're taking a checked in bag each just to clear us. Yes, it's £5 each case each way but  that's the way it is these days. After all, if you leave it till you get to the airport  you end up paying double so just have to cough up & not get stressed about it as so many seem to, don't they ? (Don't forget that kitchen sink weighs heavy )

Are you going out, as we are, for Christmas & New Year ?? Meeting loads of EOS members that trip ! If you are, send me a PM & we can likely all try to meet up somewhere.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 11/15/2007.

Like 0      
16 Nov 2007 9:20 AM by carolandrichard Star rating in West Yorkshire and P.... 93 posts Send private message

Hi Mark

We went out with Jet2 in Sept, you are correct, each person has 20kg hold allowance and 10kg hand luggage. Beware, if one person is taking two checked bags the combined weight of the two bags is 20kg, so, for the two of you, your three checked bags will be 40k max. Ensure you measure your hand luggage carefully, if it is even a centimetre over and doesn't fit in the guide at the airport you will have to check it in (this happened to my mum a while ago). Also, when I added our bags online a couple of days before we went I recall being able to add the bags individually for each flight, so, I think I would have been able to book bags to go from Leeds and leave it empty to return.

Hope this helps.

Like 0      
16 Nov 2007 3:22 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Yes More, we will be there for Christmas, deciding what to do at the moment.

There are three of us travelling Carole, hopefully with 60kg we should be able to get most of our stuff out there!! Already packed one case to capacity with toaster, kettle, etc, and it only weighs 15kgs .

Bit worried to have heard on the news though that baggage theft at airports has increased by 85% though . Most thefts occur once the bags have been checked in. they reckon it works out at one bag every 7 minutes at the moment!! 

Mark

Like 0      
16 Nov 2007 3:30 PM by carolandrichard Star rating in West Yorkshire and P.... 93 posts Send private message

Look forward to when you've got yourselves set up. Then you can travel with just hand baggage. We're off in the morning and I have no stress at all. All our clothes are out there, plus all sorts of other bits and bobs you need. I just need the passports, the keys, my new book and we're off. And I've checked in online already so we'll be straight through security and off to the exec lounge (a perk for travelling so often with monarch!)

btw, good luck for your completion, I saw the date on another thread.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Keen Angler where are the best waters - 0 posts
Avalon Irish Bar Bigastro??? - 6 posts
TRANSFER TAX - 2 posts
Moving to Fortuna - 13 posts
ALCAIDESA+OCEAN ESTATES+ALLERTON HOLDINGS +MESS! - 0 posts
21 Today???? - 12 posts
Thinking of moving here tips etc appreciated x - 0 posts
Sevilla - 2 posts
How cheap is THIS flight & hotel break to Nerja, CDS - 1 posts
Congrats Justin 1500 posts - 1 posts
pool update - 20 posts
Are we all stupid? - 4 posts
Can't pay mortgage - 11 posts
Los Collados Golf Aguilas - 4 posts
Very Difficult! Have a house built but being misled with the mortgage?? Can I get there? - 3 posts
Telephones - 1 posts
Information please - 3 posts
Selling my off-plan apartment - 4 posts
Anyone live in La Romana? - 6 posts
furniture stores in and around Almoradi - 7 posts
Anyone knows about a Real Estate Portal to buy a House in Costa Calida, Spain? - 3 posts
Novocasa - 1 posts
Help required with adding new off-plan develoment please - 1 posts
Has anyone used Rightmove? - 3 posts
New Poster - needing some help please - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x