Pressure to Complete

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Nov 2007 12:00 AM by PhilipN Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

We signed  with Polaris (HR) for an apartment nearly three years ago. We have had a call this week almost demanding we visit and sign in the next two weeks. We were told some months ago that the apartment would not be ready till the new year at the earliest. We have told Polaris that because of business commitments and financial arrangements we can not visit to sign till the middle of February 2008 and they are threatening to cancel the contract (not sure they would, bearing in mind the market !)

We have said we may be prepared to cancel if they can't wait.

Has anyone else had experience of this with Polaris and what the outcome was?

Like 0      
06 Nov 2007 1:29 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
If the development is more than 3 months late then you should be able to cancel and get your money back. 

Have you spoken to your lawyer and what has he/she advised?

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
06 Nov 2007 4:56 PM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Justin,

Getting your deposit back  from developers for late delivery and countless quality issues would be like winning the lottery for my Group of investors!!
Over One year late and 8 months later we couldnt negotiate a settlement with our developer through the courts at the first hearing. Have to wait another 6 months for a full trial to take place! The developer actually admitted that they wouldn be able to sell any of our apartments in the current market place on the CDS!

Mike T (Renting in Las Chapas)

Mike T

Like 0      
07 Nov 2007 12:09 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi Mike, great to see you round here again.

I agree, it can be VERY difficult to get a deposit returned but we actually know of a lot of people who have managed it without even having to put up a fight.  So it is possible.  Unfortunately your developer has had all sorts of toubles and will fight till the death.

Best of luck with the case.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
07 Nov 2007 2:37 PM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Thanks Justin,

Its good to know that there are success stories out there. Weve also been trying to identify developments where investors have managed to get their deposits back to help with underpinning our own court case. Any info you have would be gratefully accepted!!

Mike T   (still working out of Wifi,s and internet cafes as Telefonica still havn´t connected us up adsl after 8 weeks waiting patiently NOT)! I´m sure you will remember similar "Happy Days" when you arrived on the CDS...............

This message was last edited by miket on 11/7/2007.

Mike T

Like 0      
08 Nov 2007 1:49 PM by Tamsin Star rating. 169 posts Send private message

Polaris was on Watchdog last night and they are not coming over as a very nice company to deal with .  Problems with uncompleted sites and exepting peopel to  complete straight away when the urbinasation is not complete , no golf courses built and faiure to return peoples' deposits .

Like 0      
08 Nov 2007 1:52 PM by Tamsin Star rating. 169 posts Send private message

Also  Polaris said in answer to Watchdog that they would only return deposits if they were forced to do so by the courts - now that is a great company to deal with .  

Like 0      
08 Nov 2007 1:53 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Missed it!!! Damn,

Tell all Tamsin. When we rented there, there was a lot of building works going on on a lot of existing properties, foundations being dug up etc.

Like 0      
08 Nov 2007 2:38 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

This message was last edited by georgia on 11/8/2007.

Like 0      
08 Nov 2007 2:49 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Man of many words Georgia

Like 0      
08 Nov 2007 2:50 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Candyfloss,

which one did you stay in?

Georgia

Like 0      
08 Nov 2007 2:55 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

look Georgia,

stop showing off now because you've got your head out of the bucket. No that' not the one in Torre Pacheco I don't think is it?

Like 0      
08 Nov 2007 3:24 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

That's laTorre,i posted the wrong thing before that's why i edited it.

Boys and toys,i will get bored of it soon so bare with me!

Georgia

Like 0      
08 Nov 2007 3:27 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Georgia,

Where's that one then? We stayed in Torre |Pacheco up from Roda. it's not the same one is it??

3 2 1 you're back in the room

Like 0      
08 Nov 2007 4:07 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

That's La Torre,so it's got to be the one you stayed at as there is only this one and the Mar Menor site open at the minute.

Blimey call yourself an estate agent,you should know these things!

Are you sure it wasn't Condado Del Alhama as below.

Like 0      
08 Nov 2007 4:12 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Georgia,

guess the first one is the one.  It's got that new hotel and spa. Didn't recognise some of the places on there though. We stayed in the houses that look like Balamorey. I suppose they have expanded to build more there then just to confuse me. I don't know!!!!  I'm getting on my own nerves now

Like 0      
08 Nov 2007 4:21 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
Balamorey!???? what's the story?

Like 0      
08 Nov 2007 8:10 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Gina - I thought you stayed at Mar Menor Golf???

Philip - if you have a look at the Polaris World forum - there seems to be quite a few people being told to complete early.

This message was last edited by Annie21 on 11/8/2007.

Like 0      
08 Nov 2007 9:49 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Found it now Georgia,

I said the one in Torre Pacheco, here it is................

And yes, we wanted to know what the story on Balamorey was too

This message was last edited by Candyfloss on 11/8/2007.

Like 0      
09 Nov 2007 10:25 AM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Hey Ladies,

I thought this was a "serious thread" about "Pressure to complete!! Here we go again DRIFTING.................

Mike T

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Small dog wanted - UK (Brighton/Croydon area) - 8 posts
VAN HIRE TORREVIEJA - 1 posts
new member - 3 posts
UPDATE RE LATEST VISIT - MARCH 2007 - 7 posts
Getting a trade - 1 posts
Hand over soon - 0 posts
paddle tennis - 3 posts
Which areas to be looking at? - 11 posts
Interest Rates - 4 posts
Jardines de Alhama. - 1 posts
Rental Potential Almerimar and Punta Prima - 12 posts
wanted - long term rental - 2 posts
LOOKING - 1 posts
Bars near Murcia Airport - 5 posts
Sax / Novelda / Elda / Tibi / Castalla - 1 posts
Hello - 1 posts
Mena's 'snagging' company - 3 posts
european estates - 0 posts
self removal from uk to spain - 1 posts
Los Estanos Guardamar - 0 posts
Visit Site - 11 posts
QUIZ FOR YOU - 7 posts
Resale Lagunagolf - 5 posts
la atalaya de garrucha - 1 posts
vetting of articles submitted to EOS - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 31

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x