Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Oct 2007 12:00 AM by steve&hayley Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

Everyones moaning has no one SEEN, BROUGHT, AND COMPLETED AND IS HAPPY IN SPAIN

Like 0      
06 Oct 2007 7:59 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

I don't think it is a case of moaning but sharing experiences & like everything else, the bad gets talked about more than the good.

We are in the middle of buying our first property in Spain & I can only ay that the past 6 months has been the most stressful that I have ever had to deal with. Unfortunately the parties involved in our purchase - agents, mortgage broker & solicitor - have all contributed to the feel good factor disappearing.

Hopefully, once all the hassle is over, we will feel happier about what we have done & get some enjoyment from our purchase.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
06 Oct 2007 8:44 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Steve & Hayley

Seen, bought, completed & couldn't be happier  - only problem is that I never want to come home!!

As Noreen says the bad gets talked about more than the good & if I was looking to purchase & read these boards I would probably get put off big time. We had a good experience though along with most people I have met & don't regret buying in Spain at all.

Like 0      
06 Oct 2007 8:50 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

I don't know that the negative stories would put me off buying in Spain but I would certainly be better prepared & more aware of what to do & what not to do.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
06 Oct 2007 9:00 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

we are still in the searching phase ... but i have to say that rather than putting us off I think that the information on these boards have helped us to feel that we are going into this with our eyes open and we feel more prepared and hopefully that means less likely to disappear down some black hole!  There are no guarantees, just like buying in the UK, but we feel more informed about what is a "foreign" process - in all senses of the word - and we know where to look for help. 

Having spent the last week and a half "embracing" some agents and "fighting off" some others we feel more relaxed about the whole buying process and feel that when we find the right property for us that we can feel secure and confident about proceeding.  I dont think i could have said that before hearing some of the experiences of people on here.

Like 0      
06 Oct 2007 9:01 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Steve and Hayley,    I do not think every thread is people moaning as has been said it is people sharing experiences being good or bad.     Which some people are having awful experiences and need other people to talk to which is what the forum is about, trying to help each other.     We are very happy with our apartment in Spain we completed Nov 2006  and we are out tomorrow for 2months.    So I am ecstatic at the moment.  You will find their are plenty of people that are satisfied customers.   Regards Pat

Like 0      
06 Oct 2007 10:22 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Steve & Hayley

Had you looked in here >> Happy Spain experiences in this General Discussions board (297 posts & 6907 views) you'd have seen a few happy experiences. (Wasn't expecting to see this question asked in the Driving In Spain message board. )

Unfortunately, many members haven't experienced great times for one reason or another. What's your own experience ?Please share with us if it's good. Always great to learn someone's been well cared for throughout the buying proceedure & beyond.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 10/7/2007.

Like 0      
07 Oct 2007 10:39 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
SEEN, BOUGHT, COMPLETED, HAPPY

Like 0      
08 Oct 2007 1:27 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Totally agree Candfloss!

Signed, sealed, delivered, I'm (yours) hooked!

Rgds,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
08 Oct 2007 6:41 AM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Two years to find a property and only a month from finding the ideal property to completing.

Very happy here.

Just gotta sell the UK house now.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
08 Oct 2007 10:32 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

I could give you a whole huge long unhappy list of trials and tribulations - BUT I have lived in Spain for nearly 13 years now, have bought, work here and am blissfully happy with my lot!

Well, except for monday mornings you know - moan moan, groan

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
08 Oct 2007 10:38 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Perfectly happy,Spain has it's issue's but beats the alternatives hands down!!!

Just returned from a trip to the UK,after that Spain feels like paradise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Georgia

Like 0      
08 Oct 2007 2:02 PM by chipmonk Star rating in Staffordshire, Engla.... 101 posts Send private message

chipmonk´s avatar

Just weeks away from completing after over three years after purchasing off -plan. I think for most people buying in Spain it is a learning curve and I don't think anyone buying for the first time will tell you they knew it all before hand and would do their purchase slightly different if they did it again. Unfortunately for some things go wrong for whatever reason as we know and sometimes it happening to people by to be blunt, by dishonest people out there and what is good about this EOS it highlights this. Hopefully mine will be a happy one it seems to be so far and I hope everyones is but one can learn from experience whether bad or good from one's own or other peoples experiences and I certainly have and will continue to do so.

Like 0      
08 Oct 2007 3:06 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Been here 5 years now , bought apartment, not too many probs, but lying if I said there were none.............but none insurmountable.

EOS is a great help, even now, but yes, HAPPY.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
08 Oct 2007 3:56 PM by tinto. Star rating in Scotland & Nr Estepo.... 243 posts Send private message

tinto.´s avatar
We bought a holiday home in the spring through a small estate agent who was terrific and would recommend to anyone, builders were Grupo Reyal who are very professional and repair anything that is asked of them even outwith the snagging period, lawyers from Marbella were excellent (although desperate for us to make a will) all in we love what we have bought and it has restored my faith in dealing with Spanish companies, there are some decent ones out there.

Like 0      
08 Oct 2007 4:34 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Morerosado said: "(Wasn't expecting to see this question asked in the Driving In Spain message board. )"

Me neither, but just for the record, I bought my car here in Spain and am very happy with it!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
08 Oct 2007 4:46 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Like 0      
08 Oct 2007 5:09 PM by chipmonk Star rating in Staffordshire, Engla.... 101 posts Send private message

chipmonk´s avatar

Bring back Franco he wouldn't of stood for it and would have taken those outside (if there were indeed inside to begin with) and have them shot.

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 10:25 PM by summer70 Star rating in Granada. 92 posts Send private message

summer70´s avatar
We bought our house here in 2005 and moved out here over a year ago.
We have had a number of 'trials and tribulations' and they are still going on (in fact, I looked at this forum as we are having problems with our Spanish-bought car at this moment....).
I have to say that from the time we moved out here we have had more stress than one could ever imagine - and we thought we had done our homework first.

Living in Spain is a whole new experience - all the advice books are helpful, but they cannot begin to explain what the 'cultural shock' is like.
And as for being ripped off - don't get me started! (By 'Brits' I must add - the Spanish on the whole have been great).

BUT.... would we move back to the UK?  NO!
I go back there frequently, to see my family and to do temp work, but the UK is turning into somewhere I do not recognise as 'home' - and I wish my family could move out here too, while they still can....

I have only just joined this forum as a member, but have read the posts here for a long time and they (and the members here) have been extremely helpful.  People need to have somewhere to go to share their problems and ask for advice and this is one of the most friendly 'expat' forums on the net.

So yes, lots of people do have a moan here - but that doesn't mean to say we wouldn't do it all again.
But maybe a little differently next time ........

Like 0      
21 Nov 2007 12:09 AM by Herbie Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

We are just buying our first property in Spain and I am sure we are going to be happy once we are settled but I couldn't agree more about the stress.  The last few weeks have been one long struggle with the mortgage broker. Building Society and - worse of all - the dreaded Call Centre!  Why can't we speak to anyone who can help us any more! What was really a very simple matter has been turned into a major event.  Never mind, the thought of breakfast on the balcony keep me going.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Purchase fees,advice needed. - 1 posts
GP Needed ? any suggestions - 1 posts
bankers draft rip off - 21 posts
just to say hi, - 5 posts
I dont know where to start, help! - 36 posts
12th october - 4 posts
All seems to have gone pear shaped - 179 posts
Driving to almeria - 7 posts
Cortijos de la Bahia, Casares by developer El Arco de Marbella SL - 0 posts
New Member - 1 posts
already posted in the short term one by mistake. rental within 30 mins of airport required - 4 posts
long term rental required within 30 minutes of alicante/murcia airport - 8 posts
Completion 'check list' - 2 posts
Steps to get your children into State Schools in Spain - 9 posts
ICE-RINKS - 2 posts
The rental business in Spain needs to be regulated - 9 posts
Private Messages problem - 2 posts
Importing car from outside Europe - 5 posts
hello im new to this forum - 0 posts
Debonair Air Conditioning - 3 posts
Caleta Paraiso - 3 posts
Maintenance service - San Cayetano - 1 posts
The RAIN in Spain.......................... - 40 posts
halloween/guy fawkes - 0 posts
Ryannair Summer flights 2008 - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 31

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x