Purchase fees,advice needed.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Oct 2007 12:00 AM by snoozey Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Hi All, We are about to complete on a resale property in a couple of weeks. We were aware of the additional costs involved with buying property in Spain (IE the + 10 to 12% ),just wondered if someone could look over the buying costs we have received from our lawyer to make sure everything seems right,before we go ahead. I know every case is different but will try and list as much info as i can.

the purchase price is 255.000 euros of which we are taking a mortgage for 198.800

below is the list received from my lawyer outlining the total we need to transfer to them.

property transfer tax 178.850 ( 7% which we know is right)

Mortgage stamp duty 3.379.60

Notary Fees 1.759 ( we thought this seemed high)

land registry fees 1.456

Building insurance 450

bank arrangement fee 1.391.60 ( 0.7% which we thought was about right)

Legal fees 2.906 inc 16% vat (this is 1% which we believe is about the going rate)

On top of this the lawyer wants a further 820 euros to arrange the connection of electric,water etc and to set up the direct debits to pay all the utility contracts. Also included is the fee for fiscal representation for the first year (250 euros)

look forward to any ones responses on the above. The total does come to about 11% total of the purchase cost so that seems right just wondered if the breakdown figures seem right as some seem excessive to us,so any advice how we could save ourselves some money would be great

Like 0      
08 Oct 2007 9:19 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Too late now to save yourselves any money anyway but to be honest they seem about right. There are Notary fees on both the mortgage and the property and they are specific to the Notary and the land Registry - ask your lawyer to send you the Provision of Funds as issued by the mortgage lender - 450 for buildings insurance seems a little toppish but I dont know the level of cover or whether it is a compulsory with that particular lender in favour of a better interest rate (some of them do)

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

GP Needed ? any suggestions - 1 posts
bankers draft rip off - 21 posts
just to say hi, - 5 posts
I dont know where to start, help! - 36 posts
12th october - 4 posts
All seems to have gone pear shaped - 179 posts
Driving to almeria - 7 posts
Cortijos de la Bahia, Casares by developer El Arco de Marbella SL - 0 posts
New Member - 1 posts
already posted in the short term one by mistake. rental within 30 mins of airport required - 4 posts
long term rental required within 30 minutes of alicante/murcia airport - 8 posts
Completion 'check list' - 2 posts
Steps to get your children into State Schools in Spain - 9 posts
ICE-RINKS - 2 posts
The rental business in Spain needs to be regulated - 9 posts
Private Messages problem - 2 posts
Importing car from outside Europe - 5 posts
hello im new to this forum - 0 posts
Debonair Air Conditioning - 3 posts
Caleta Paraiso - 3 posts
Maintenance service - San Cayetano - 1 posts
The RAIN in Spain.......................... - 40 posts
halloween/guy fawkes - 0 posts
Ryannair Summer flights 2008 - 1 posts
Llanera in trouble - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x