Monarch new route - Gatwick to Murcia from May 2007

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Dec 2006 12:00 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
I had an e-mail from Monarch last Saturday.
At long last they are flying into Murcia from Gatwick.
We normally use Alicante which is a 55 min drive to our apartment in Playa Flamenca, Costa Blanca. Murcia is 20 minutes away, hip hip hooray!
AND, they have some retunr flights from £1, bargain or what?!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
13 Dec 2006 9:29 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/16/2007.

Like 0      
14 Dec 2006 6:10 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Hi JeansSis do you want carry on coz you're a nervous flyer - or do you just like a drink in flight without paying Easy's prices? Myself I prefer it the cheaper and rougher the better - generally the Spanish dont seem to understand why a Brit likes Veterano or 103 Blanco - seem to think we only go for the upper end of the market, but I like the way that I dont feel it in my throat so much and it is around the collar bone that the warmth starts right down to my tummy. Great with coffee on a December morning to keep out the chilly 18 degree breeze.

Rgds

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
14 Dec 2006 8:47 PM by Helen D Star rating in York. 48 posts Send private message

Helen D´s avatar

Chilly 18 degree breeze!!!!  Looking forward to experiencing the warmth shortly!

Like 0      
15 Dec 2006 3:05 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
15 Dec 2006 3:09 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Hi JeansSis.......is that right that you cannot drink your own booze on the plane........didnt know .......must be why I keep getting thrown off the flight ....... I thought it was just that they didnt want me arriving back at Malaga to pick up my car and then drive 10 times over the limit ..... there I was thinking Easy were looking out for me.

Dont know what it will be like up your end of the coast but at Malaga you now cannot take liquids through security - rules were relaxed until about a month ago but now seem to be taking threats as seriously as UK airports (unless of course you happen to be Spanish and then it doesnt seem to apply - Spanish guy in front of my wife took through three bottles of vino in his hand luggage last week and they didnt bat an eye). Toothpaste and small containers are fine and lipstick too and seems no restriction on lighters but friends had a large bottle of water removed two weeks ago.

Seriously I know what you mean about turbulence. Was on a flight back after a visit to the UK about two years ago and we were just this side of Madrid - had come through some turbulence but it had settled down and the pilot had just turned off the seat belt lights and we hit a pocket that he wasnt expecting - in a matter of a nano second we dropped from 33,000 feet or something to about 23,000 feet or something - having pulled my stomach off the roof of the fuselage not to mention one or two other organs we regained height to where we should have been. Thankfully I am not a nervous flyer but gotta tell you they were cracking open their own bottles because the staff didnt seem to want to stand up any more - God only knows what happens in a situation like that if one has a heart condition or something. With crowded airspace as well just as well there wasnt something underneath us ..... hold on a second did I say I am not a nervous flyer!

Just noticed the time of your post - you are worse than I am for burning the midnight oil .... we need to get a life!

Had to take my jacket off this morning Helen on the way to the Notary and short sleeves as I was too hot...... I know, you could hate me! Mind you the Spanish think I am a bit loopy

Rgds

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
15 Dec 2006 8:32 PM by Helen D Star rating in York. 48 posts Send private message

Helen D´s avatar

Couldn't hate you Smiley - you make me smile too much!! Do dislike North Yorkshire weather though!

We fly regularly into Murcia - from reading your last post am now praying for good weather Dec 28th (next visit) may never get my kids on a plane again if we had that experience - mind you think I might be reaching for the G&T as well!

Like 0      
16 Dec 2006 12:57 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
16 Dec 2006 11:49 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
Personally, I take home made water, mixed one part vodka, no parts limon. As for sarnies, forget marmelade and banana, go for whisky spread every time........

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
17 Dec 2006 2:27 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
18 Dec 2006 9:36 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

One part Vod and no parts anything else ........ a girl after my own heart Fibby ...... you ARE a racy cat! By the time you touch down you could probably fly without the need of a plane especially if mixing it with whisky spread but you ought to do it with whiskEy instead (the real thing from across the Irish Sea - much better than that poison they peddle North of the border - no offence to our Scottish brethren) - hence the Paddies are all so laid back and the Scots so ready to invade England.

By sounds of things JeansSis it doesnt matter to Fibby what it is as long as it has a proof % and doesnt contain water. Have a lovely holiday and a great Xmas and 2007.

Thought you were nominated hire car driver anyway Fibby (or is that what Fibby means - you tell Fibs)..... remind me to keep off the roads in Murcia when you are in Spain. Only joking as you know.

Rgds

Like 0      
19 Dec 2006 10:41 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Smily, you DO make me SMILE ( :]

Festive Smiley Mousepad

I hope you can see my pic above, as it seems no-ones else's on this site can be seen!

Yes, hold on to your hats when Fibby arrives in Alicante/Murcia Boxing Day, after all those sandwiches & drinks, I will be VERY racy! Hope I get upgraded to a Ferrari again...............Fibby? Fibber?, Mmmmmmmm, not saying!

Merry Christmas to you all!

Kind thoughts,

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
19 Dec 2006 12:01 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

IVA on Bank Guarantees - 0 posts
Select Properties Spain SL - 14 posts
Property Management - 0 posts
BE WARNED - Reservation/Deposit Contracts - 7 posts
Demolition Orders in Marbella - 3 posts
Supermarket shopping in Estepona area - 1 posts
Judge's Chambers Pub - 0 posts
no problems buying in spain - 2 posts
AIR CONDITIONING - 37 posts
Solar panels, the new law. - 4 posts
Lawyer Costs - 24 posts
CAPITAL GAINS TAX - 37 posts
Resident - disadvantages? - 1 posts
4X4 Off Road - 0 posts
touristic apartments - 1 posts
Annual Spanish Tax - 63 posts
Nueva Andalucia Deposit - 2 posts
Houses facing small access road - 4 posts
Life and ASU Insurance - 7 posts
Holiday today - 2 posts
Operation Malaya - 8 posts
John 13 left note on Cortijos re Jardines see Jardines de Alhama - 3 posts
spanish gardeners : where do we advertise for them on the Costa del Sol - 3 posts
Escritura - 3 posts
Please could I ask if members would put WHERE they are in Spain on their profile ? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x