Almoradi

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by gems Star rating in E. Sussex. 11 posts Send private message

Any ex pats out there living in Almoradi.

Be grateful if you could give me the low down on this place. Nearest main hospital, what the bus services are like to main towns, Torrevieja, Alicante (in particular the airport). How late the buses run etc.,

Night life, social life for ex pats. Are there any large supermarkets etc. What are the walks like in the area?

Hope to be coming out towards the end of the year with a view to buying a property.

I want to know a lot don't I. I really love this site.

Regards, Gems

Like 0      
05 Sep 2007 6:33 PM by Pickles Star rating. 141 posts Send private message

Pickles´s avatar
Hi ive just bought a property in almoradi,it will be completed in january,just fell in love with the area,just sitting around the town square does it for me .we where out there in june, we never had a car,we was to busy getting nie numbers and spending days looking at the build. But we have been to lots of places in alicante to name one place was calasparra a must (church) rice fields,white water rafting,if thats of any interest tricia

Like 0      
05 Sep 2007 7:01 PM by jencoo Star rating in east Yorkshire/ Daya.... 131 posts Send private message

Hello to you two, purchasers/ prospective purchasers.

We bought in Daya Nueva ,just a short way from Almoradi. We have had our place nearly five years now, and do most of our shopping in Almoradi. The market on Saturday is great. There are a number of medium sized supermarkets so lots of choice, and the nearest big supermarkets are at Elche and Torrevieja.

Cant help with buses as we have a car, but can reccommend the train to Alicante or Orihuela/ Murcia. The nearest station is one junction up the motorway at San Isidro. We have seen some buses but dont know anything about them.

There is al arge ex pat community in and around the town, and plenty of bars etc cater for the English, some are even owned and run by ex Pats.

Its a great place and I personally dont think anyone would be disappointed with the place.

Steve

Like 0      
05 Sep 2007 7:10 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Glad you like this forum, Gems. Hubby & I love Almoradi. It's about a 10 minute drive from us at Guardamar. We tend to venture there on a Saturday to the market centred around the church. We sit at a cafe around the church square &, as the song says, it's a kind of magic. In June we met up with a member from EOS & his family who introduced us to lots of others & we all sat & whiled away the hours. Steve & Jan are out there now & we hope to meet up again next week, as we leave for Spain this Friday, IF I ever get off the PC & sort the cases out. He has an apartment within walking distance of the town & they love it. His sitename's "Sten46". Send him a PM in a couple of weeks when he returns, he'll be able to tell you a few things.

Like 0      
05 Sep 2007 7:14 PM by Pickles Star rating. 141 posts Send private message

Pickles´s avatar
Hi again, i stayed in daya nueva in june apartments palmeras,i did,nt know it was that far  away from town square if you are walking, we never had a car this time.we were shown the local hospital by the rep it was,nt that far from almoradi,but in cala major street  just off the square there is a medical centre,i do remember back in june waiting for a bus to guadarmar i did,not wait to long.And the saturday market is good.

Like 0      
05 Sep 2007 9:12 PM by gems Star rating in E. Sussex. 11 posts Send private message

Appreciate your comments. Looking forward to coming out to visit.

Like 0      
06 Sep 2007 1:23 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hi Gems l also have an apartment in Almoradi about 5 mins from the town square as pickles said its great to sit there and relax and watch the world go by day or night you will find plenty of shops, bars and restaurants around the square.its also very central for visiting all the areas from the Mar Minor south of Torrevieja to Benidorm north of Alicante all with in 1hr.Regards Pat.

Like 0      
06 Sep 2007 10:19 PM by EVLou Star rating. 145 posts Send private message

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I  recently returned from Spain... having purchased an apt. at Luz De Almoradi. Due for completion in Oct. 2008. We were really nervous..having made our decision very quickly...and being in the area only a very short time. But reading all the positive things everyone has to say about the town and people on this forum...and other sites... has made us really excited..and happy with our decision.  The apts are lovely.and .We should also be walking distance from the town centre..  That would be great...as Something we really did enjoy on our brief visit..was a coffee in the church square.  Hope we meet up some day soon. Regards, Carol

Like 0      
07 Sep 2007 3:03 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Our house is in Dolores, very close to almoradi and we will be moving out there later in the year.

We love the saturday market in Almoradi. It's an excellent place to while away the hours and sit and people watch around Plaza Constitution. (The main square)

We met Steve and Jan out there too when we last visited. We frequented the same cafes.

A very friendly and bustling, yet laid back town.

They have lots of furniture shops in the area too for your household  shopping and it only takes 20 minutes to drive to the big shopping centre near Torrevieja.

Look forward to seeing you around there sometime.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
07 Sep 2007 3:37 PM by chelseadel Star rating in Welling kent & Las .... 155 posts Send private message

chelseadel´s avatar
Hi Lauryc.
me and the wife are coming out tomorrow and staying near the aqua park, we would like to know where to go for furniture (not packs) any recommendations.
cheers Derek

Like 0      
07 Sep 2007 3:42 PM by Newhouse Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

If you hire a van there is a brilliant IKEA in Murcia about 40 minutes away.

Like 0      
07 Sep 2007 3:44 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

hi Derek

I don't know where the Aguapark is.

If you drive down the road from Dolores to Almoradi you can't miss them.

There's a British furniture place too on the Daya Nueva road out of Almoradi. I think it's called the Furniture Zone or something. They are on the web so if you have a quick google, you can have a preview. We are going to have another look when we next go over. A lot of our furniture is going with us but a lot will be needed as we have cupboards and wardrobes built in here.

We found a superb kitchen shop down that road which I thought was reasonably priced for the stuff they were selling but my OH had other ideas.

I hope you have a good trip.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
07 Sep 2007 3:46 PM by chelseadel Star rating in Welling kent & Las .... 155 posts Send private message

chelseadel´s avatar
Thanks for that,
Our place is being built 20k north of Murcia

Like 0      
07 Sep 2007 4:12 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Is that Macisvenda?

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
07 Sep 2007 4:20 PM by chelseadel Star rating in Welling kent & Las .... 155 posts Send private message

chelseadel´s avatar
And: thank you too Laury I suppose half the fun is looking , and the Aqua park is just south of Rojales. if you use Google Earth, under the search tab hit the directions button and paste this link in the first field.

"Aqua Park Ciudad Quesada © (Foto_Seb)" lat=38.071744, lon=-0.722609

cheers Derek

Like 0      
07 Sep 2007 5:14 PM by chelseadel Star rating in Welling kent & Las .... 155 posts Send private message

chelseadel´s avatar
For Laury.
Las Kalendas just past Fortuna near Los Banos Health Spa

Like 0      
07 Sep 2007 5:44 PM by Pickles Star rating. 141 posts Send private message

Pickles´s avatar
Hi evlou,this is tricia and dave,we have purchased in phase 3 of the luz  first floor,completion jan2008.we are out there for christmas just to see how things are getting on with the build.We have only been out there a few times,but take it from us the town is lovely and there are many places to visit,in the street from the luz going towards the town theres a few bars and resturants.I dont know who you have bought your apartment from but i have a few pictures from the show house for the furniture.let me know if you hav,nt seen them.tricia

Like 0      
07 Sep 2007 11:44 PM by EVLou Star rating. 145 posts Send private message

Hi Tricia and Dave......Great to hear from you.This is Carol and Danny.  (AKA...EVLou...our grandaughter's name) ...   We have purchased our  LUZ apt through Masa....although we actually came to Spain on our own for a month..and just viewed some properties on day 1 and 2 with them. That is why we were a bit nervous. ..and stunned.. that we had acted so quickly.  Having spent  only a couple of hours in the area. In contrast to spending weeks in the North costa blanca....where we thought we would be living. Without a doubt...the apts offer the Best Value for the money...and hearing that Almoradi is traditional..but a lively and lovely town. Makes it very  much the sort of place we wanted to live. We are Apt 306...corner top floor..looking towards the mountain. Phase 4... due for completion in Oct. 2008. I would love to see the photos of the furniture. We were on site late July.. and viewed the new showhome being constructed. It was hard to tell things.  We were in the office/ come original showroom. as well.  But it was very chaotic that day. So I remember very little. It is So good to chat to someone who is going to be a neighbour.  Are you going to be there as a holiday home.. or permanent?   My husband is retiring as a teacher..and I am a housewife..so we will be permanent residents. It has been really helpful to hear from others... We are feeling much, much happier  now. Cheers, Carol

Like 0      
08 Sep 2007 8:02 AM by Pickles Star rating. 141 posts Send private message

Pickles´s avatar
Hi carol and danny,we have meet so many people in phase 1 when we came out in june to get our NIE numbers,we went in phase 1 most days to see guasatvo the bloke in the show house,he let us have a good look around different apartments so we got talking to others,who also live there permanent,also we are very freindly with others from phase 3 there is another forum on eye on spain if you have missed it just type in luz de almoradi and thats most people from phase 1 and 2.and 3 who are all very helpful anything you need to know they will help.Back to the pictures of the funiture go to vegaelx site click on promotions on the top of the page then scroll down to bottom of page and they are there not that good but  something to see.we are not sure if we are going to live there straight away but will be spending a lot of time there unless we change our minds again watch this space.and by the way where are you both from just in case you live around the corner you never know.

Like 0      
08 Sep 2007 6:58 PM by gems Star rating in E. Sussex. 11 posts Send private message

Hi everyone,

The favourable comments on Almoradi seem to be growing. We are interested in a resale property. Evlou, I see you are purchasing your property via Masa. How did you find them? We had some information sent from them, but I am a bit nervous going on an inspection visit. I know they say there is no pressure, but......Pickles, you are buying in the same development, Have you purchased through Masa too?

Do any of you speak Spanish? I have been going to night school for 3 years. Managed a grade D GCSE this year. Not  bad for someone in their 50's. (Only exam I have. Left school at 15).

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Reputable lawyers in Mallorca ? - 3 posts
Building and Contents Insurance Cover. - 15 posts
NO WATER!! - 0 posts
Travensa Builders - 0 posts
cheap return flights to Barcelona Aug 2008? - 6 posts
Regular Payments To Spain - 32 posts
Frustrated ! - 3 posts
NIE numbers for children - 11 posts
new owners at Jardines Del Mar Costa Del Sol - 1 posts
Opticians - 5 posts
Schooling Almoradi - 2 posts
Broadband on the Costa Blanca - 3 posts
Bill - 2 posts
Furniture for sale - 0 posts
security grills - 2 posts
jacuzzi yes or no - 6 posts
Satellite dishes and Spanish Law - 9 posts
House repossesion! - 1 posts
Packing - 2 posts
New Member with a query! - 8 posts
School in Duquesa - 4 posts
Solicitor in Torevieja - 1 posts
nota simple - 3 posts
Property Insurance - 14 posts
skype - 14 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 50

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x