Trading Cars, License needed but how?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Feb 2016 9:55 PM by K 5ive Star rating in Cambrils. 116 posts Send private message

I have been trying to without success to find any information as to how to obtain a license in order to trade cars. You don't need any such thing in the UK but as is always the way here, any excuse to extract money from the citizen and they will! It seems like a closed shop here with no amount of information available. I have just been told by gestors that I cannot do it. You need a license and you have to take an exam? I have been here over 6 years and there isn't a day that goes by when this country doesn't frustrate me with it money grabbing box ticking buraucracy! I just want to open a business and help the economy! No wonder so many people work black! I often wonder if this country really wants to get out of the crisis or whether it just prefers it's people to be downtrodden and not suceed in anything. The most that people seem to be able to aspire to is either a hardressers or a bar! Rant over! lol.

Like 0      
18 Feb 2016 9:15 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Interesting post. 

Do people living in any country not have to comply with the laws of that country ?

Or did you mean to ask :-

I have been trying without success to find any information how to obtain a license in order to trade cars. I have been told by gestors that I cannot do it. You need a license and you have to take an exam?  I just want to open a business and help the economy!

Like 0      
18 Feb 2016 9:42 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Hi K 5ive.

Surely it cant be that hard to do, I know a couple of English guys that have set up shop and doing what you say, and one Czech girl doing it on her own, no doubt there are many guys from the UK doing it and maybe fully legal as well.

So long as you don't try to step on anyones toes have you had a word with any English guys doing it, I do know what you mean with the last bit of your post, but if your intent on doing it you know you shouldn't give in.

And as a side issue they are trying (Not to fast though) to bring in shed loads of new rules on trading cars in the UK, no doubt  to make anyone who deals in cars fully compliant and of course if ever a license had to be obtained..A cost attached.

I have been told that the insurance companies that you buy your Traders Insurance policy with,  when you re-new it now want your National Insurance Number, and this is supposedly going to be put on the policy. As we know this has nothing to do with the Inland Revenue having a peek.

Like 0      
18 Feb 2016 9:44 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

I have been trying to without success to find any information as to how to obtain a license in order to trade cars.

As a suggestion go and chat with some of the exisiting expat car dealers (might be better if you use one outside of the area you are intending to trade - competition etc etc)

Like 0      
18 Feb 2016 9:59 AM by K 5ive Star rating in Cambrils. 116 posts Send private message

I am in the Catalunya region so not really any ex-pats up here. they all prefer Benidorm or Malaga! ;-)

John ZX I am trying to comply with the laws here. However complying with the laws here is frustrating at the best of times. Needless bureaucracy etc.

Like 1      
18 Feb 2016 11:42 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

I am in the Catalunya region so not really any ex-pats up here. they all prefer Benidorm or Malaga! ;-)

Go and speak to any dealer in the area

Like 0      
18 Feb 2016 12:01 PM by K 5ive Star rating in Cambrils. 116 posts Send private message

Easier said than done. I speak Catalan but when it's for needing to understand official things I don't speak it that well.

Like 0      
18 Feb 2016 12:59 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

K 5ive

I just did a web search and many dlears in Barcelona speak multiple languages includng English - nothing ventured etc.

good luck

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Living / moving in Spain - 13 posts
Utilities - 3 posts
Car Insurance Question - 2 posts
UCI Mortgage Debt Dilemma - 3 posts
Water supply to rural house - 8 posts
Longterm parking - 2 posts
Hello all - 7 posts
self-drive france to spain - 0 posts
Hi everyone, could do with some advice re:property rental - 4 posts
What does this mean? - 0 posts
Villa to rent on Camposol - 3 posts
Self drive - weight limits and police fining brits - 13 posts
Traffic Law in Spain - 21 posts
Letting in Andalucia, experience from elsewhere - 29 posts
Directive 2015/413/EU - 0 posts
UK car return to UK..tax MOT expired..what to do - 27 posts
la caixa bank charges - 6 posts
filling a swimming pool - 6 posts
Inspector home - 3 posts
Monte zenia - 3 posts
Quality of Photographs Advertising Properties for Sale in Spain. - 5 posts
claims on travel insurance - 9 posts
BREXIT - 7450 posts
2015 SPECIALIZED STUMPJUMPER EXPERT CARBON WORLD CUP - 0 posts
Renting - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x