Hi everyone, could do with some advice re:property rental

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Feb 2016 6:55 PM by doug54 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

We relocated to Nerja October last year (2015) and are beginning to look around for our next rental property commencing August 2016, however, we have found that generally, though not always the estate and rental agents rarely even bother to reply to emails enquiries, or 99% of the property they advertise is not available anyway.

A number of agents have told us to view property before Easter, sign contracts and then once the holiday rental season has finished, move straight into property. Great in theory, but not much response so far.

would rather deal direct with owners or a highly recommended agent, essentially, we would like a 3 bedroom, or more, house/villa with pool, heating/air con, and would consider anything fitting the bill from Nerja all the way down the coast or, inland and within 30 minutes drive of beaches.

We are an educated, genuine, honest and caring retired couple, early 60's with an elderly Jack Russell dog who now sleeps most of the time, we are more than happy to look after pool, care for gardens, do small jobs etc,

our budget would ideally be approx €700 per month and bills, if if you have any property that may meet our requirements or you can advise on a good rental agent would love to hear from you,, looking for a minimum 11 month rental.

many thanks for taking the time to read this

Doug

This message was last edited by doug54 on 11/02/2016.

Like 1      
11 Feb 2016 8:41 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
22 Mar 2016 11:56 AM by jenste Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi Doug, be wary.....my husband paid the deposit "breakages" and this months rent on a property, was due to go out before the end of the month to sign the 12 month contract. has had a car accident, so is unable to take this property. we explained this to the agents, understanding we had lost the months rent, but they told us we had also lost the "breakages" deposit, even though we have never been in the property.   and haven't signed the contract. we will steer well clear of "agents" in future. rent from the actual owner doug. we are going to seek legal advice, then plaster the agents detail on facebook ...there's a lot of scammers in spain. unfortunately. best of luck with your search.

Like 1      
22 Mar 2016 12:24 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

It's the same in Murcia you hardly get a reply if you do it can be days if not weeks before you do, I got a reply tho last week , I was asking about a new property near Roda Golf that a agent had advertised on his web site, then he starts telling he has a better property nearer to the beach ( It was about 500yards away from the property I asked him about in the first place ) it was a mess, but why he is he trying sell me this second hand property and not the new property that I first asked him about.  ( Greed ) he will be getting more commission from the resale, So instead of getting some commission from the builder properly like a couple of thousand euro, now he gets nothing. Clever people these agents Not. Now he is sending me stuff down near La Manga where I have never asked for.

Like 3      
28 Mar 2016 8:44 PM by doug54 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thanks to all for the responses so far, my apologies Mariafor not getting back to you sooner but will explainin message to you.

Glad to hear it isnt just me struggling with agents, well..the serach continues and will do so until we find what we want

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

What does this mean? - 0 posts
Villa to rent on Camposol - 3 posts
Self drive - weight limits and police fining brits - 13 posts
Traffic Law in Spain - 21 posts
Letting in Andalucia, experience from elsewhere - 29 posts
Directive 2015/413/EU - 0 posts
UK car return to UK..tax MOT expired..what to do - 27 posts
la caixa bank charges - 6 posts
filling a swimming pool - 6 posts
Inspector home - 3 posts
Monte zenia - 3 posts
Quality of Photographs Advertising Properties for Sale in Spain. - 5 posts
claims on travel insurance - 9 posts
BREXIT - 7450 posts
2015 SPECIALIZED STUMPJUMPER EXPERT CARBON WORLD CUP - 0 posts
Renting - 7 posts
New law for private rentals in Andalucia - 110 posts
Questions for someone who lives in Corralejo, Fuerteventura. - 0 posts
Looking to buy in Hacienda del Alamo - 15 posts
new to forum - 11 posts
Form 210 non residential tax form - 1 posts
Part time self employment - 1 posts
Supreme Court- Law 57/68- Creditor´s meeting - 0 posts
Property to auction - 7 posts
Buying a car to keep in Spain... - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x