Jonty's back

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Jan 2016 1:07 PM by jontymellor Star rating in Warrington & Cabo R.... 144 posts Send private message

hi all I'm back on line, let my mebership lax once I purchased but now I'm back and thinking of my future in Spain, should I go all in or stay as a part timer?

we have the euro election in or out coming up! I'm not at full retirement age, but can live on my small private pension in spain, not the uk?

myself and my wife have pre existing health problems, so is the Valencia health deal for expats worth the money till I get to 66, my wife is 2 years younger, I'm 60, I love it over in Spain I have a nice place in cabo roig.

how do you get in to the Valencia health club, I hear is is 90 euros each a month! I tried to carry on with my works private medical care in the uk, when I took volentry redundancy, the quoted, £3500 per month!

so what do I do! 

Jonty

Like 0      
20 Jan 2016 2:05 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Jonty:   You probably know, but as you mentioned that your wife is younger:  Once you qualify for 'free national heath'  in Spain your wife, regardless of her age, will be included too.  My wife was 32 when she got the cover.

PS   Free cover:  The DWP pays something like £3,000 p.a. to Spain for each of us here, regardless of whether we have any treatment, medications etc. for the ‘Free’ cover.

Like 0      
20 Jan 2016 4:26 PM by jontymellor Star rating in Warrington & Cabo R.... 144 posts Send private message

Yes "free" to me, I have beef planning to come over for a few years now, the credit crunch, ment I had to work a bit longer, then good old government changed the rules, NHS s1 form, 3 months before I left work, so I just spend winters now in Spain instead of full term, less than 6 months.

wanted to know about that Valencia medical access that we can pay in monthly, could not find any posts on it, may have to start one?

This message was last edited by jontymellor on 20/01/2016.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

pay as you go electricity - 1 posts
can I chase the dream - 61 posts
Freesat TV - 1 posts
New owners at La Torre Golf Hotel - 0 posts
Spanish property deeds. - 4 posts
"How many immigrants has Spain excepted ?? - 42 posts
Sunday Lunch in Marbella - 1 posts
Unpaid Community fees - 85 posts
Buses from la linea to sabinillas - 9 posts
Registering births in Spain - 3 posts
Leaving employment for cross-frontier worker in Gibraltar - 2 posts
Hello from Valencia - 1 posts
Rental problems. Help! - 13 posts
Starting out on our Spanish adventure! - 4 posts
Hydralia Incompetence and Town Hall Negligence - 9 posts
New in spain - 9 posts
Blinds - 2 posts
Euro Poll - 3 posts
Chalk paint - 0 posts
Happy New Year To Maria de Castro and Emilio Lucas - 1 posts
CCTV Murcia - 10 posts
7 SEATER CAR FOR HIRE - 5 posts
How do you arrange a pet passport from Spain to the UK - 13 posts
Exploring Spain in April, May, June... - 4 posts
Old Cadiz - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x