Must vote be taken annually on appointment of administrator.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Dec 2015 4:37 PM by ehw Star rating in Western end of the C.... 59 posts Send private message

In the Comunidad de Propietarios where I live the President took it on himself to give the administrator a five year contract, something which many owners believe is illegal. A lot of owners believe that is obligatory to vote annually on the question of who is to be the administrator for the forthcoming year. It used to be easy to confirm that supposition on the Internet. Now it is not so easy.

Having lived here for 34 years I'm fully aware that facts are difficult to come by in this country but any light that can be thrown on the subject would be appreciated. Obviously I'd like to see the source of any information provided.

Thanks in advance.

ehw

This message was last edited by ehw on 05/12/2015.

This message was last edited by ehw on 05/12/2015.

Like 0      
05 Dec 2015 4:54 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

ehw

The HPA article 13 sub section 7 states

7.         The term of office for all governing bodies of the community shall be of one calendar year unless otherwise provided for by the community statutes.

So check your community statutes for anything different

Good luck

Like 0      
05 Dec 2015 5:17 PM by ehw Star rating in Western end of the C.... 59 posts Send private message

Thanks TADD1966.

Subsequent to posting my original message I too found what you have pointed out, but in Spanish.

http://www.emvs.es/SIV/Documents/Guia%20de%20Comunidad%20de%20Propietarios.pdf     - Page 35.

http://www.comunidades.com/legislacion/comunidades/ley-de-propiedad-horizontal/articulo-13/

The thing is that the Community's lawyer, (abogado), appointed by the administrator with the 5 year contract, says no, it is not necessary to have an annual vote. This flies in the face of what you have found and what I have found. We do not quite know how to move forward, and would like to hear from anyone who has faced the same problem as we are facing. Needless to say our Statutes DO NOT say anything contrary to what the LPH/HPA says.

Thanks for your amazingly quick response. I appreciate it.

Like 0      
05 Dec 2015 6:03 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

No problem

Suggest you go see another solicitor and / or raise a police complaint

Like 0      
05 Dec 2015 6:29 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

A little more reference

http://www.spanishpropertyinsight.com/legal/the-comunidad-de-propietarios-ley-de-propiedad-horizontal-commonhold-law/

My understanding is also that the governing body of a Communidad including its Administrator should be an agenda item at each years AGM.

However as is normal in Spain, different interpretations could be put on each rule to suit.

An official legal protest can be lodged within 30 days of the minutes or an EGM to discuss this issue could be called if25% of owners request it.

Like 0      
05 Dec 2015 6:33 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

Or try this

http://issuu.com/mariadecastro/docs/community_of_owners_spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Wanted A4 Wall mounted displays - 0 posts
Internet - 1 posts
Fortuna Golf Deposit Return - 11 posts
Fortuna Golf - 2 posts
Anyone got a Solmar contract handy please? - 1 posts
Act on Disabled perons and social inclusion in Spain - 0 posts
Renewing DL in Spain - 7 posts
rental - 6 posts
Employment - 3 posts
car hire in alicante airport - 29 posts
Obtaining a licence in Andalusia (Granada) - 1 posts
apple tv in Spain - 4 posts
Animal Lovers problem in Costa Blanca reference cats!!!!! - 5 posts
car hire in santa pola - 0 posts
HEALTH INSURANCE - 3 posts
What is the best place to immigrate to? - 20 posts
A question for Maria re LEY 57/1968 General Guarantee to ensure the repayment of amounts paid on account – SUPREME COURT RULING - 25 posts
BOLORENT Oliva - 0 posts
Ali Oli - 0 posts
UK Registered Motorhome For Sale - 0 posts
refund of deposit - 21 posts
UK EEC Referendum - 30 posts
Driving car in Spain with UK road tax. - 16 posts
Sold our Spanish Holiday Home.. no regrets - 26 posts
Endesa Smartphone App - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x