apple tv in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Nov 2015 9:54 AM by steone Star rating in Santiago de la Riber.... 383 posts Send private message

Can anyone help please?

Will an UK Apple tv work ok in Spain? A friend wants to run up to 4 apple tv's off the internet at the same time. The speed for the internet will be between 6mb and 10mb is that sufficient or does he need any other gizmos?  

Like 0      
30 Nov 2015 11:54 AM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

You will need a VPN flashed router with the VPN of my choice MPN. Depending on what contract you have with the provider ie: UK or US based the cost are up to £8 a month. If you simply install the TV in Spain without these your service will either be zero or limited.

Like 0      
01 Dec 2015 1:48 PM by apollo13 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

You only need to use a VPN service if you are accessing BBC and ITV iPlayer etc (geographically blocked outside the UK), however you can access the free Filmon UK TV channel service in Spain via both Apple and Android TV Boxes

broadbandspain

Like 0      
01 Dec 2015 3:41 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Apollo, exactly,   that's  as I do.

Like 1      
01 Dec 2015 4:25 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

I use a variety of boxes in Spain including an Apple TV which I only only really use now for morroring TV from an IPAD

You can login with your apple account and get UK english pay to view movies and also there is a way to change the IP address to use things like Netflix

I don't use the Apple TV anymore to watch movies because I now run Showtime for movies and Filmon for UK TV on an Andriod box, cost  27 pounds on Amazon and runs KODI

Not sure why you would want to run 4 x Apple boxes at the same time and depending what they are doing you may really be ppusing it on 6 Mb

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Animal Lovers problem in Costa Blanca reference cats!!!!! - 5 posts
car hire in santa pola - 0 posts
HEALTH INSURANCE - 3 posts
What is the best place to immigrate to? - 20 posts
A question for Maria re LEY 57/1968 General Guarantee to ensure the repayment of amounts paid on account – SUPREME COURT RULING - 25 posts
BOLORENT Oliva - 0 posts
Ali Oli - 0 posts
UK Registered Motorhome For Sale - 0 posts
refund of deposit - 21 posts
UK EEC Referendum - 30 posts
Driving car in Spain with UK road tax. - 16 posts
Sold our Spanish Holiday Home.. no regrets - 26 posts
Endesa Smartphone App - 0 posts
Lawyers fees for taxes - 3 posts
Autonomo Question - 6 posts
Going up - or Down? - 35 posts
¿ Any Househunters in Murcia w/c 30th November 2015 ? - 0 posts
Case Won - 3 posts
HEALTH INSURANCE - 5 posts
IBI on static caravans - 5 posts
Back dated refuse collection taxes from La Linea - 2 posts
Moving to Denia - 7 posts
Electricty use - 20 posts
Moving House with a lot of pot plants - 0 posts
Cleaning Contract UK - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x