Autonomo Question

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Nov 2015 1:03 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Just had a question from a friend regarding part time self-employment and autonomo (not income tax)

He has been offered a contract from a UK company for 1 or 2 days max per week, at 150€ per day, working from home in Spain and he wants to be fully legal.

The question is that as far as he is aware (and this is my understanding) the minimum autonomo payment is circa 235€ per month for self-employed no matter what earnings are.

Therefore working 1 day (or even 2 days) a week may not be worth it

Does anyone know are there any other rates / rules for part time self-employed workers?

Like 0      
24 Nov 2015 1:15 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

24 Nov 2015 2:07 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

bobaol

Thanks

We have both searched the internet and it is a minefield of info and confusing to say the least

Thought someone on here may have exprienced the "system" with this type of working

Yes there are schemes for new autonomos giving discount over the first few years of trading and a few other exceptions

I guess he will simply have to go to an accountant

Like 0      
24 Nov 2015 5:09 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

I've always said the rigidity of the autonomo system encourages people not to declare. My wife is employed in Spain on a full time contract, she wanted to do some other work on a part time and self employed basis, apparently according to our gestor there is no mechanism to combine the two - ridiculous.

Tadd, If your friend went autonomo he/she would automatically have to register for IVA as well, there is no threshold for small business as in the UK. I believe if you only invoice to a foreign country you wouldn't have to charge out IVA but you would still need to sumbit a nil return every quarter - it's all a bit of a faf if the earnings are minimal.

I wondering if it's possible to enter the amount earnt on the annual tax return as 'other income' or 'miscellaneous income' maybe 'foreign income' would be better

Like 0      
24 Nov 2015 6:29 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

TeamGB

Same conclusion as we have come to a ridiculous system that encourages people not to declare and a real down for any young entrepreneur

Like 0      
28 Nov 2015 2:33 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

28 Nov 2015 3:03 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Maria

Thank you I had seen this and it focuses on under 30's and even then it is only short term.

Sadly the Spanish system is simply not focussed on allowing low income or part time self employed, and really encourages the black market for low paid

He has come to the conclusion that if he wants this work he will have to do it on the black like many others or not at all

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Going up - or Down? - 35 posts
¿ Any Househunters in Murcia w/c 30th November 2015 ? - 0 posts
Case Won - 3 posts
HEALTH INSURANCE - 5 posts
IBI on static caravans - 5 posts
Back dated refuse collection taxes from La Linea - 2 posts
Moving to Denia - 7 posts
Electricty use - 20 posts
Moving House with a lot of pot plants - 0 posts
Cleaning Contract UK - 1 posts
Fibre Optic Suppliers in Spain - 5 posts
Goose - 4 posts
Looking for a perfect school! - 9 posts
International Black and White Association - 4 posts
Prescriptions posted from overseas or made in Seville - 1 posts
occupation licence - 21 posts
looking for work in the murcia area - 6 posts
Paris - 39 posts
looking to buy exercise equiptment - 0 posts
ELS clients files - how can anyone access their files now the firm has closed?? - 0 posts
A question for lawyers with regard to timeframe and processes involved in transference of monies following successful rulings (Ley 57/68) - 0 posts
AIC international lawyers in cabo cervera 03188 torrevieja-alicante - 1 posts
Great British Idioms - Do the Spanish have them - Do they understand or just think we are mad - 16 posts
is it worth me buying a car or just carrying on renting one - 16 posts
Car insurance - 15 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x