AIR CONDITIONING

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Dec 2006 12:00 AM by rob/jac Star rating in sutton coldfield / m.... 59 posts Send private message

WE HAVE JUST COMPLETED AT LAST ON OUR PROERTY IN
THE AREA OF MIJAS COSTA AND WAS WONERING IF ANYBODY
COULD RECCOMEND ANY COMPANYS TO INSTORE AIR CON AND WHAT SORT OF PRICE WE ARE LOOKING AT. WE ARE BACK IN JAN AN WOULD IDEALY LIKE IT DOING THEN.

Like 0      
12 Dec 2006 11:45 AM by oggie Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

hi

we had it done for 1500 euros for three units one in each bedroom and one in the lounge they are heaters as well cannot reccomend the co as we are on the costa blanca but the price may give you an idea . you can buy the units i believe fo 200 euros in carrefore  hope this helps a little bit

alan

Like 0      
12 Dec 2006 2:07 PM by san miguel Star rating. 288 posts Send private message

san miguel´s avatar

Hi Oggie

Interested where you got your air conditioning, I am in Costa Blance, near Orihuela.

STOP CYBER-BULLYING 

AND PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH

Like 0      
12 Dec 2006 4:01 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hi Oggie l to would be interested in the co you used as l am in the costa blanc area Almoradi.Regards Pat.

Like 0      
12 Dec 2006 6:30 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Oggie,

That's cheap ! What was the firm, what make are the units & I assume they're 12,000 BTU for lounge & 900 BTU for bedromms, am I correct ? (That IS cheap.....)

Like 0      
12 Dec 2006 7:23 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
we bought our aircon/heaters from Carrefour in Torrevieja.  I believe they are on special offer at about 190 euros each.  Had one fitted in the living room and one in the main bedroom.  On our way out, a young lad stopped us and asked if we wanted them fitted.  This was about 11:30 am.  At 1:30 pm, lad and his boss turned up and fitted both aircons.  Took about 7 hours and he charged 300 euros to fit both.  Did an excellent job and filled up all the holes in the wall and eve painted the ducting to match the colours of the outside walls.  I have his card but unfortunately it is in Spain.  Am visiting end of Jan so will pass on his number.  Highly recommended at less than 600 units for both units fully fitted.

Like 0      
12 Dec 2006 7:57 PM by leeabby Star rating in Old Kilpatrick, Glas.... 140 posts Send private message

leeabby´s avatar

Hi bobaol

Could you please post the info re air-con here when you come back, I am also interested and my friend may be also, we're both purchasing in Almoradi area, Thanks.

Sharon

Like 0      
12 Dec 2006 8:02 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
Will do.  Make of aircons is Blue Sky, which I believe is Carrefour own brand like Matsui belongs to Dixons.  Have had them for two years now and are great for both cooling and heating.  I would have another fixed to the other bedroom but access to the outside wall was limited as we are on the top of a duplex and have never seen the downstairs neighbours (tribulations of only visiting).  I'm not sure but think both units are 10,000 btu.

Like 0      
12 Dec 2006 8:57 PM by leeabby Star rating in Old Kilpatrick, Glas.... 140 posts Send private message

leeabby´s avatar

Thanks for that, Bobaol

Sharon

Like 0      
14 Dec 2006 7:08 PM by KC60 Star rating in Sunderland / Balsic.... 139 posts Send private message

KC60´s avatar

Hi Neighbours

We received a quote via our rep Parador for the following:

Living room:  DIATSU                                                       €899-00

Upstairs:      DIATSU ASD129T11

(1 Ext. Compressor and 2 internal units)                          €1,700-00

€2,599-00

The units are both Hot & cold systems.  Looked these up on the net and they are a good branded make.

All the units came with a 3 years part & labour warrantee, & included installation.

Having looked around on the net we thought this wasn’t a bad price. 

The units are 12,000 BTU for lounge & 900 BTU for bedrooms

Kevin & Corinne {No46}

Like 0      
14 Dec 2006 7:14 PM by KC60 Star rating in Sunderland / Balsic.... 139 posts Send private message

KC60´s avatar

Sorry Guys

The last post for Air Con Ref: Quote for 3 units.

Kevin & Corinne

46 Torre Alcantara, Balsicas, Murcia

Like 0      
14 Dec 2006 9:07 PM by sping Star rating in Stockport & Playa Go.... 148 posts Send private message

sping´s avatar

Hi everyone,

We have had three quotes for air conditioning

The cheapest was;

3 X R407C gas standard split Daitsu units (hot & cold) is 1.625,00€ all in fully fitted. (an inverter equivalent was 2,430.00€).

And the most expensive was;

1x 12000 btu fujitsu uni, 2 x 9000 btu units  all in inverters  2499.00€ installed.

Other quotes are; 

1x12000 btu class A fujitsu, 2 x9000  btu class A fujitsu 2199.00€ fitted.

Note that we will probably go with an Inverter unit as they are cheaper to run and quieter.

Sping.

Like 0      
14 Dec 2006 9:10 PM by sping Star rating in Stockport & Playa Go.... 148 posts Send private message

sping´s avatar

Sorry, we are in the Cabo Roig area on the Costa Blanca!

Sping...

Like 0      
14 Dec 2006 10:37 PM by howardandkay Star rating in Daya Nueva near Alm.... 76 posts Send private message

howardandkay´s avatar

Hi

Just reading through this forum, anyone any idea how much these cost to run, summer and winter?

Like 0      
14 Dec 2006 11:07 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      
15 Dec 2006 6:05 PM by nickanddee Star rating in lincoln, uk at momen.... 6 posts Send private message

does anyone know how much it costs to run  a 12000BTU inverter air con/ heater unit if living there over course of year to include aircon and winter heating.

Rough estimate would do.

Also swimming pools, heated and not heated. Both water and electric/gas costs.

Thanks Nick and Dee

Like 0      
15 Dec 2006 6:19 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Would be a really hard thing to assess as it is all part of the leccy bill and I dont know anyone who works out how long they have the telly and the lights on etc. It does push the bill up quite significantly if it is on a lot.

Re heating a pool - again very expensive especially if heated during the winter months. I have invested in an expensive pool cover - neighbour thought I was mad - it has a special refractive gold inlay on the underside of the heavy duty bubble wrap - helps both to retain the heat and also something in the material heats the water too but dont ask me the scientifics of it. All I know is that it meant that the pool was warm enough for my 13 year old to still swim at the beginning of November. Has gone too cold for it now though. Regarding the costs of heating the pool it depends on the size and depth of the pool and what temperature you keep it at. I know of a number of urbanisations on the Costa del Sol who have gone to the expense of getting the pool heated only to find it costs so much to keep it on that they dont bother. There are so many urbs that are not occupied year round as they are holiday homes so the majority understandably object to paying for the minority.

If you have gas installed in your apartment/house then a wet central heating system can be installed although very rare in Spain but it is becoming more available and this is significantly cheaper than using the air con to heat - also much more efficient and healthy. Many many people have log fires or log burners to heat during the winter months and to be honest it is much more cozy but a lot depends on your property and whether you have a chimney etc. Have a friend who lives about 20 km inland in Monda where it does get a lot colder at this time of the year as it is a lot higher up (ice on the ground) leaves his log burner going through the night.  

Rgds

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
20 Dec 2006 1:37 PM by nickanddee Star rating in lincoln, uk at momen.... 6 posts Send private message

Thanks Smiley,

Dont suppose you know who supplies wet heating systems or costs involved, do you ?

Merry Christmas ,

Nick and Dee

Like 0      
20 Dec 2006 3:20 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Sorry I am a mortgage engineer (believe you me sometimes it is not that far from the truth) not a heating engineer. It really depends on where your home is in Spain I guess as you dont say where you are. Quite whether it would be complicated I do not know as I dont even know if you have gas at your property either. Presumably if you have gas then it can be done - whether it would be worth it is another matter. Also if it is being done as a post construction fitting you will have pipes running up on the outside of interior walls for the water to get round the system. I know it can be done in the UK but whenever I have seen it, it looks quite ugly - they can be boxed in I guess but you need to talk to a heating engineer. If your home is on the CDS I can see if I can discover a plumber/heating engineer who offers the service but really no thoughts. If you are elsewhere in Spain then you are on your own I am afraid. As I say, very very rare here. So many questions stemming from your reply and I am not an expert so apologies. 

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
15 Jan 2007 5:58 PM by bimbo Star rating in Scotland. 7 posts Send private message

well the air conditioning seems to be a complicated beast so i guess its pay your money and take your chances thanks to all who responded

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Solar panels, the new law. - 4 posts
Lawyer Costs - 24 posts
CAPITAL GAINS TAX - 37 posts
Resident - disadvantages? - 1 posts
4X4 Off Road - 0 posts
touristic apartments - 1 posts
Annual Spanish Tax - 63 posts
Nueva Andalucia Deposit - 2 posts
Houses facing small access road - 4 posts
Life and ASU Insurance - 7 posts
Holiday today - 2 posts
Operation Malaya - 8 posts
John 13 left note on Cortijos re Jardines see Jardines de Alhama - 3 posts
spanish gardeners : where do we advertise for them on the Costa del Sol - 3 posts
Escritura - 3 posts
Please could I ask if members would put WHERE they are in Spain on their profile ? - 2 posts
anyone buying in historic city centre in malaga, or via off plan 'terrazas de moclinejo' - 0 posts
New Loans and Mortgages Site - 0 posts
Community commitee - 4 posts
Professional clean?Installation of Sat TV - 22 posts
Why rent, when you can own? - 0 posts
Why Rent, when you can own your own home? - 0 posts
SPAIN IS DEFINATELY CHEAPER TO LIVE - 21 posts
CONTRACTS - 4 posts
6% interest - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 37

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x