REFERENDUM ON UK MEMBERSHIP OF THE EU

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Nov 2015 12:02 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

What differences will this make to UK nationals living in Spain, if any, if the 'outs' win? It appears to me that it's only the folk my age who will vote in numbers, well there are a lot of us, and practically everyone of them that I discuss this with are going to vote for 'out'. Will Spain gain by having control over which Brits are granted residencia or not, as used to be the case? But having said that criminals such as Ronnie Knight, Freddie Foreman, Charle Wilson and many more were made very much at home prior to Spain gaining EU membership.

I'm still a fan of the UK being a member of a common trading market, but this has changed into a European State controlled by Germany, wasn't there once a little bloke with a Charlie Chaplin mustache who was a fan of the latter?

This message was last edited by Hephaestus on 09/11/2015.

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 1      
09 Nov 2015 1:39 PM by Rossetti Star rating in Oxford and Zurich. 124 posts Send private message

** EDITED - inciting **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 11/9/2015 5:11:00 PM.

Like 4      
09 Nov 2015 2:06 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

I will be voting to stay in EU as I believe in it – yes it needs reform but that must start at the bottom and we all need a change in attitude (brainwashing removal) especially to the following:

1. Sovereignty – who really cares and who benefits?
  2. Currency – again why is it such an important thing. As long as I can earn, spend and provide then I don’t really care what it is called.
  3. National pride – what a load of c**p driven by the media and sycophants.
  4. History – learn from it, don’t dwell on it and don’t make the same mistakes with more focus on today and tomorrow

If there is a no vote then one would hope that the many agreements between UK and Spain will remain.

** EDITED **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 11/9/2015 5:11:00 PM.

Like 0      
09 Nov 2015 2:08 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

Rossetti,

Crookes is a district of Sheffield located in the ancient hamlet of Ecclesall-Bierlow, it was home to the late Joe Cocker who was born in a terraced house on Tasker Road, I well recall him drinking halves of beer with his mother in the Ball Inn. School Road, Crookes was also the childhood home of racing driver David Blakely, the victim of Ruth Ellis who was the last woman to be hanged in the UK.

You learn some stuff on here don't you? Well some do. wink

Like 0      
09 Nov 2015 2:34 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

But having said that criminals such as Ronnie Knight, Freddie Foreman, Charlie Wilson and many more were made very much at home prior to Spain gaining EU membership.

But that had nothing to do with being in or out of the EU, I was because the extradition treaties between Spain and UK had lapsed and had not be renewed.

"You learn some stuff on here don't you? Well some do."

Like 2      
09 Nov 2015 3:10 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

Cheers johnzx,

I always accept plagiarism as a compliment. yes wink

Like 0      
09 Nov 2015 4:00 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Who is Crookes?...Who the hell is Joe Cocker? and come to that where on earth is Sheffield?

Do they also post on here?

Like 3      
10 Nov 2015 8:51 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Baz I have asked similar questions of the mods

Like 1      
10 Nov 2015 10:57 AM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

I just wonder what David Cameron's view is, particularly as he doesn't know who his successor will be or what their stance will be when they take over the leadership. However there is time for him to win concessions to take us back to the status quo, in respect of what the UK voted for and ratified.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Speed camera at Lorca - 0 posts
Supplying info about crimes, tax evasion etc. - 9 posts
Importing LHD car - 14 posts
No gas mains - 2 posts
Benalmadena - 11 posts
Possible purchase at Hacienda del Alamo (HDA) - Dilemna - 6 posts
banking problems - 1 posts
Changes to State pension age for women - 24 posts
Hi - Newbie from Wales. - 5 posts
Christmas Day Lunch near Mijas Golf/MIjas Costa - 3 posts
Compatability of bereavement pensions from Uk and Spain - 0 posts
December driving from Santander to Murcia - 2 posts
Solicitors in Murcia/alicante - 14 posts
Call for greater regulation and reform - 0 posts
Do you have a car for sale? - 0 posts
Changing to interest only mortgage - 6 posts
EPC Company Recommendation Please - 2 posts
Estate Agent and Lawyer Recommendation Please - 0 posts
Form 720 Declarations, Action by Hacienda - 8 posts
Viva Airport Transfers - 1 posts
Don't forget to check French and Portuguese airports if you live near them. - 0 posts
New Supreme Court Decission if developer went bust - 0 posts
Car For Sale - 1 posts
You couldnt make it up - 7 posts
Reporting crimes anonymously in Spain - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x