Reporting crimes anonymously in Spain

This thread is currently locked.

:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Oct 2015 4:46 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I tried this morning to supply details of some crimes to the police.    I was that told in confidence reports can be made online at this address.     I have not used this MO myself so cannot say what the precise process is.

http://www.policia.es/colabora.php

Mediante esta página, usted puede ponerse en contacto con Unidades especializadas del Cuerpo Nacional de Policía para:

• Comunicar hechos o situaciones que pudieran dar inicio a investigaciones sobre hechos presuntamente delictivos.

• Dirigir consultas a las referidas Unidades especializadas.

Cualquier comunicación realizada a través de éste medio, será tratada con todas las garantías de CONFIDENCIALIDAD por el Cuerpo Nacional de Policía La colaboración NO supone la presentación de una denuncia formal. Para ello se deben de cumplir una serie de requisitos, entre los que se encuentra la ratificación mediante la firma presencial. Si desea realizar una denuncia formal, debe hacerlo a través del epígrafe "Denuncias de hechos delictivos", pudiendo presentar la denuncia por Internet, por teléfono o "in situ" (de forma presencial), en función de la naturaleza del hecho sufrido. Puede poner en conocimiento del Cuerpo Nacional de Policía actividades presuntamente delictivas o dirigir una consulta sobre: Esta es una lista:-

English (more or less translation by Google)

Through this page, you can contact specialized units of the National Police for:

• Communicate facts or situations that may initiate investigations on alleged crimes.

• Conduct consultations referred to specialized units.

Any communication made through this medium will be treated with all the guarantees of confidentiality by the National Police The cooperation does not involve the filing of a formal complaint.

For this purpose must meet certain requirements, including ratification by 'the face is firm'  (I think this means you still must still sign a report but it will be in confidence). If you want to make a formal complaint, it must do so through the heading "Allegations of criminal acts", may file a complaint online, by telephone or "in situ" (in person), depending on the nature of the offense suffered. You may give notice to the National Police allegedly criminal activities or direct a question about: This is a list: -el ría)

This message was last edited by johnzx on 27/10/2015.

Like 0      
27 Oct 2015 6:40 PM by andyintorre Star rating in Costa Blanca. 104 posts Send private message

Is this a translation, you are always saying you work for the National Police as a translator, so why post a very bad translation from Google?

Like 2      
28 Oct 2015 8:34 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Andy:   "you are always saying you work for the National Police as a translator,"

I have asked the moderator to comment of this as he has all the info to do so.

I started the thread for the benefit of those who would like to contact the authorities about ‘irregularities’.   I believe would need to be done in Spanish.  I posted a quick machine translation so that those who do not understand the official national language would not come back and asked basic questions.    

If anyone feels the need to inform those who have not made the effort to learn Spanish and thus probably will not be able to take advantage of the service offered anyway,   please feel free to post a more accurate account if you have the spare time to do so.  I am too busy.

Like 0      
28 Oct 2015 9:00 AM by andyintorre Star rating in Costa Blanca. 104 posts Send private message

Maybe it would be much more helpful to those people who don't understand Spanish to post clear translations.

I can't see any point in posting such poor translations just because the poster is "busy".

Would be much better to wait until they have time to post clear and therefore more helpful information, this would reduce questions and therefore take up less time in the future, thereby giving the original poster more time to supply even more helpful information.

Like 2      
28 Oct 2015 9:42 AM by eos_moderators Star rating in España. 173 posts Send private message

eos_moderators´s avatar

In all respect, John's translation 'on the fly' is understandable and if anyone was to have any further questions we are sure John would respond immediatley.

In John's defense, he is often accused of not being who he says he is, ie a collaborator for the National Police and assiting ex-pats in need in his local area.  We at EOS are very careful with these types of declarations as we do not want people being misled and John, on immediate request, supplied more than enough 'up to date' official evidence to satisfy us that he does what he says he does  in terms of police collaboration and assistance under voluntary conditions. So please by all means discuss matters and politely argue issues, but please do not question Johns collaborative efforts with the community, which he has been doing for years. 

Eos Team

Like 1      
28 Oct 2015 9:50 AM by andyintorre Star rating in Costa Blanca. 104 posts Send private message

Don't doubt he does the translation work he claims, that is not my point.

My point was, if he spends his time as a translator for the National Police surely he will understand the importance of translating documents or information correctly, in the first place, without having to keep going back and explaining what he actually is trying to get accross.

Time taken in the first instance to ensure a job well done will save more time in the long run!

Like 1      
28 Oct 2015 11:29 AM by andyintorre Star rating in Costa Blanca. 104 posts Send private message

Message received from Johnzx, can't understand why he feels the need to send such to me other than in the forum for everyone to read!!

** EDITED - Against forum rules **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 10/28/2015 12:07:00 PM.

Like 0      
28 Oct 2015 11:35 AM by andyintorre Star rating in Costa Blanca. 104 posts Send private message

Just to make the point clear, at no time did I imply you do not translate for the National Police, by the way whilst I think its very good of you to offer to help people in your own time, its not something that impresses me in the slightest. The point I was making, which you have missed completly and want to tell teacher about.... Is as someone who gives their time to help others, it would be more helpful to post when you have the time to post correctly. I would further of thought that professional pride would want you to be accurate and clear in any information you are posting for the benefit of others. The rambling message you sent to me outside the forum gives me the impression you have the desire to be right and anyone who dares to think otherwise should be made to stand in the corner!

Much more respect would be gained by simply accepting, "No-one is perfect"

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

This thread is currently locked.

Previous Threads

Some advice on where to move to in Spain (tax avoidance and much more) - 27 posts
Genius Bar at Apple Marbella - 4 posts
Reporting Burglaries to the Police - 2 posts
Ceramic Exterior Floor Tiles - 1 posts
Long Term Rental Agreement - 1 posts
Pose a question with Maria de Castro - 2 posts
Nokia 6410i Mobile Phone - 6 posts
Galicia - BBC / Sky / Filmon / Europa Network Reception - Advice - 5 posts
Estate agent fees..legal issue - 23 posts
Los Canovas, Murcia - 7 posts
HEATING OIL - 8 posts
Which Canary Island in February? - 3 posts
Legal Company and Employees - 7 posts
Taking prescription injector pens into Spain - 0 posts
Taking prescription injector pens into Spain - 4 posts
Moving from Cyprus to Spain-Filipina wife. - 5 posts
Fighting for money back from MRI - 3 posts
Empadronamiento - 18 posts
Hi! I am one of the owners of ImmoVario, a Spanish property portal and I live in Pals - 0 posts
Mallorca move - 3 posts
Great driving op!!! - 0 posts
HOUSE SIT THIS WINTER. - 0 posts
Keyholding/cleaning/client meet & greet recommendations please. La Zenia - 1 posts
restaurants open at xmas in duquesa area - 0 posts
Is this why Camposol is such a great place to live ??? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x