Notary costs in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Oct 2015 8:46 PM by muroms Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi

I have invested into a simple bungalow in Torrevieja. The agent's solicitor estimated notary costs to be ca EURO 900 (with the margin in my view). Suddenly comes the message that notary got by bank transfer EURO 4 500 and would not disclose specification! I have read that notary cost is set up by the state and is 0.4% for the property below EURO 100K plus 16% VAT. Registry chamber takes 0.3% plus same VAT. If this info outdated?

Like 0      
07 Oct 2015 9:48 AM by Suntanneddude Star rating in Hertfordshire. 117 posts Send private message

Hi,

Have you also included Land Registry (Catastral Office in Spain) in your figures?

Regards,

SD cool

Liars & cheats always get found out!

Like 0      
07 Oct 2015 1:31 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Dear Muroms:

It seems an excessive charge for Notary fees to me and of course, they are subject to specification and you can claim on any excess.

You have a calculator here ( in Spanish though): https://www.ocu.org/inversiones/aspx/calculators/notary/?5

In 2010 , the  Spanish Government  included a reduction of 5% on fees charged by notaries and Property registrars in relation to documents where value is expressed such as deeds of house purchase.

This has been made in the recent decree of extraordinary measures to reduce the deficit.

This was the scale till then:

Until       6,010.12--------------------------------------------------90.15 euros

Between  6,010.13 and 30050.60 euros-------------------------- 4.5 per 1,000

Between 30,050.61 and 60,101.21 euro------------------------- 1.50 per 1,000

Between 60,101.22 and 150,253.03euros-------------------------- 1 per 1,000

Between 150,253.04 and 601,012.10 euros----------------------- 0.5 per 1,000.

Between 601,012.11  and 6,010,121.04 euros-------------------- 0.3 per 1,000

From 6,010,121.05: the amount that may be freely agreed by the parties.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

NOVEMBER 10- final deadline to claim on excessive IHT paid more than 4 years ago - 0 posts
Water Filter Home System - 0 posts
Who Remember Santa Maria Green Hills - MVG - latest update !!! Jose Ramon beats developer - 0 posts
Buy upholstery foam iin south of spain Malaga - 2 posts
Limiting who can be in position of President - 18 posts
Unbelievable meeting - 10 posts
How dose this work. CAR REG - 4 posts
"Homes under the hammer" Spanish adventure CAMPOSOL - 40 posts
Do I, or my buy pay tax on the furniture sold separately when selling my appartment. - 11 posts
Inheritance Tax Laws - 22 posts
The ones that are being kicked out of their homes by banks are not Spanish - 7 posts
Moving to Spain - 2 posts
Bank Charges - Banco Popular? - 4 posts
No longer need to learn Spanish! - 1 posts
Do you live in Valencia? Advice on current weather please?! - 3 posts
Do you live in Valencia? Advice on current weather please?! - 1 posts
property for sale - 0 posts
New Years Eve in Estepona / Sabinillas - 0 posts
Information Required - 9 posts
NEW!!! - GREAT NEWS!!!! - SUPREME COURT CONFIRMS BANK LIABILITY FOR DEPOSITS UNDER LAW 57/1968 - 61 posts
Coin Meters/electricity charges - 4 posts
Rental Management - TV and Broadband - 3 posts
Bank punished again! Banco Popular in Arcos de la Frontera´Vistas del Lago : Miraflores Development - 3 posts
moving to spain - 10 posts
Tax tax and more tax - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x