Bus Travel West Along the N340

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Aug 2015 11:53 AM by Leesa.c Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hello Everyone.  I'm Leesa and new to the forum and trying to get some information before coming over to stay on the costa del sol. I'm trying to find out about bus travel along the N340.  I dont drive so I'm reliant on public transport.  I've noticed that Casares has bus stops on either side of the N340, but am not sure which bus companies or bus numbers serve these bus stops.  I've checked with most of the main bus operatiors and noone even lists the casares bus stops.

I'm interested to know whether you can just stick out your hand and flag down 'any bus from any bus stop ' (unless of course its an 'express' service).  Likewise, if travelling on any bus, let say for example Estepona to Sabinillas, you can press the button at any upcoming bus stop along the way.  From my experience, getting off is way easier than getting on, but I have experienced being unable to get on or off at unserved bus stops in the past.

In short, I'm just wondering if its possible to get on or off most bus stops along the N340 regardless of the bus number or bus company,

Many thanks

Leesa

Like 0      
26 Aug 2015 2:10 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

We use the buses a lot, if you're stood at the bus stop the bus will stop for you, but sticking your hand out is OK , just ring the bell when you want to get off and it will stop at the next stop, The buses are generally clean and the drivers don't normally speak much English, so if your Spanish is not good just proffer a handful of change and let the driver help themself.

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
26 Aug 2015 3:34 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Welcome to EOS. Be careful, not all Buses stop everywhere. Direct Buses, for examle, go from Estepona to La Linea non-stop. See timetables and information below. Winter Timetables are out soon. Therefore there will be a reduced service on some routes on the Costa del Sol.You can even  select a Bus Service from San Luis de Sabinillas to Estepona and return. See last Link and try and buy a Ticket for 01/09/2015. It shows the Prices and times of each Bus on this route for the day.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g187437-c213132/Estepona:Spain:What.The.Bus.Company.Doesnt.Tell.You.html

http://www.andalucia.com/travel/bus/lalinea.htm

http://www.avanzabus.com/web/archivos/base/File/Horarios/Portillo/Horario-de-autobuses-de-La-Linea.pdf

http://www.avanzabus.com/web/archivos/base/File/Horarios/Portillo/Horario-de-autobuses-de-Estepona.pdf

https://www.venta.avanzabus.com/web/seleccion-de-servicio.html

Good Luck.

This message was last edited by nigel188 on 26/08/2015.

Nigel

Like 2      
26 Aug 2015 3:51 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

The thing is that when you get on a bus and tell the driver where you want to go he/she will not take your money if it doesn't go there. And as for waiting at a bus stop, if the bus doesn't stop it's probably a Direct one, when one does stop, once again, the driver won't take your money if it doesn't go where you ask.

Like 0      
26 Aug 2015 7:49 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

We have purposely decided to use the train and buses when we visit Calahonda, I'm pretty good on the drink drive rules and find myself having to deny myself a couple of beers and a glass of wine when we go out for lunch. If I lived in Spain I would have a car, but I don't so I won't. The La Cala to Puerto Cabopino boardwalk has made a great difference to our intentions, and am sure that many others feel the same, we will not make our trips to Benalmadena Pueblo, but what the heck?

Like 0      
27 Aug 2015 3:49 PM by Leesa.c Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thanks to everyone for the information.  Particular thanks to Nigel for the very informative links.

Kindest regards

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Murcia Region Rental Wanted - 12 posts
Cover for electric boiler on balcony required - 0 posts
Valencia car hire companies that won't rip me off! - 6 posts
Getting out of long term contract early - help! - 14 posts
help needed - 11 posts
Long term rental wanted Marbella San Pedro benahavis or Estepona area. - 0 posts
Clueless - 7 posts
What would you do differently? - 114 posts
PLAYING C.D. OR D.V.D. ON A COMPUTER - 3 posts
Tabarca Island - 1 posts
Cyclone Android X4 for Sale - 0 posts
Can I ask... - 13 posts
Maths Question - 9 posts
Bipolar - 1 posts
Furniture set for sale - 0 posts
Hi everyone I am new and thinking of moving to Spain - 21 posts
Garden Planters - 0 posts
Fishing advice! Help! - 0 posts
tax - 4 posts
Ski jobs - 0 posts
Help me to check the company in MURCIA - 5 posts
Smoking In Spain - 8 posts
Unaminity votes - 13 posts
Dog barking - 13 posts
Long term/annual car parking at Alicante & Murcia airports - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x