cheap "pay as go" sim card

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Aug 2015 12:45 PM by axti101 Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

hi anyone recommend a good pay as go sim card, with minimum of 1gb data. Use viber, and google maps for driving. Many Thanks.

Like 0      
03 Aug 2015 3:23 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Try Google for Hits mobile works for me.

Like 0      
03 Aug 2015 3:35 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I just switched from Hits to Lebara.

Like 0      
03 Aug 2015 4:10 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Johnzx it mite just help the op if you explained why you just changed from hits to lebara.😕

Like 2      
03 Aug 2015 4:21 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Lebara mobile might seem attractive, but they are a nightmare to deal with - especially if you're travelling from overseas into the UK.

I bought a Lebara SIM because I had used Lebara in Spain, and it was very easy.

But, in the UK, it chewed up all my credit in just a few days. And then, when I tried to top-up my credit, I ran into the ridiculous problem of Lebara ONLY accepting UK credit cards. What kind of company that wants to attract travellers only accepts UK credit cards????? The stupidity of this defies belief.

What was even more painful, is that when you try and recharge online they don't tell you this. You just keep on getting error messages without explanation. When I did call (and sat on hold for 10 mins), they finally explained that international credit cards aren't accepted.

Extraordinarily stupid. (Even more stupid, when I used my international credit card just fine in Spain to recharge my Spanish Lebara Sim)

The only solution they provide is to hunt-down an on-street seller of Lebara credit. This is doable, but it would be good if they simply advised on their website they don't accept international credit cards.

????

Like 1      
03 Aug 2015 4:36 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Johnzx it might just help the op if you explained why you just changed from hits to lebara.

Windtalker, following the reply generated by my 7 word post, please forgive me for refraining

Like 0      
09 Aug 2015 6:22 PM by axti101 Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

Thanks Guys for your input. Much appreciated.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

long term rent with 2 dogs!! - 8 posts
Top weekend getaways in Spain - 0 posts
HIdralia - 7 posts
DVLA - 28 posts
Non Residents Tax Question - 7 posts
Air lock in hot water pipe - 4 posts
Loan for a new property - 9 posts
urbanización Camposol de Mazarrón - 51 posts
Ideas for towns to stay in within 45 mins of Valencia and info on Valencia itself... - 7 posts
Hi Everyone - Looking To Retire - 40 posts
Is there anyone really willing to relocate to Spain soon? - 1 posts
Valencia SIP Cards - 2 posts
Looking for a lawyer near Alora - 0 posts
Proof of entitlement - 17 posts
use of membership number for discount on ferry travel - 1 posts
Car hire - 4 posts
Techie question - Fibre/Cat5/TV - 2 posts
Folding bike for sale. - 0 posts
Post Replies not reflecting despite having received a reply on Email from Forum User - 2 posts
3 months rental - 15 posts
miss sold insurance - 30 posts
Any Info on living in the Canals area - 2 posts
Lawyers in Alzira - 0 posts
Equity Release - 12 posts
Alicante Airport - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x