Guidance for Board of Trustee members in Spain Charities

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Jul 2015 12:06 AM by RuthTN Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I am a UK and USA citizen.  I have signed a Constitution for a Spanish Charity which is International in scope without fully understanding it (I was ill at the time, just out of surgery).  I applaud its Aims.  I have read the GoogleTranslate version of the Spanish Law on Right of Associations - Spanish Law on Forming Associations says:
Article II
5. La organización interna y el funcionamiento de las asociaciones deben ser democráticos, con pleno respeto al pluralismo.
The internal organization and functioning of Associations must be democratic, with full respect to pluralism.
Article IV
4.  La Administración competente ofrecerá el asesoramiento y la información técnica de que disponga, cuando sea solicitada, por quienes acometan proyectos asociativos de interés general.
The competent authority will offer advice and technical information available, when it requested, for those undertaking projects associations of general interest.

Please can someone direct me (1) to a website in Spain that is similar to the UK Charity Commission website and (2) to the "competent authority" who can help me?   I do not speak Spanish, so I need help in English.

I want to understand what to do when the Constitution of a Charity is not democratic, and when cultural differences are completely ignored, as we are an International charity.  Also, I want to know my rights, duties, responsibilities to the organization and to the public as a Board member.

Also, I want to look up the Charity to see if it has actually been Registered.  How do I do this?  How long does it take to have a Registration put up into the government database, on average?  

Any other advice, most gratefully received, 

Thank you,

Dr Ruth TN, CH, CBH

Like 0      
18 Jul 2015 8:56 AM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

18 Jul 2015 2:27 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Ruth:

You can search on the National Database of associations in this link below:

https://sede.mir.gob.es/nfrontal/webasocia.html

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Iberdrola smart meter - causing huge problem - 14 posts
Car hire firms to provide more transparency to customers. - 3 posts
Legal tip 1311. NEW! HERRADA DEL TOLLO S.L. - BANK ACTION WON IN PROVINCIAL APPEAL COURT AGAINST SGR & BBVA FOR BUYERS AT RESIDENCIAL SANTA ANA DEL MONTE IN JUMILLA - 5 posts
Hello - 2 posts
renting - 5 posts
Mariadecastro - 5 posts
3% Devolution - 9 posts
Does anyone have a car for sale at Camposol - 7 posts
hi all - 1 posts
English plumber moving to spain - 18 posts
Channel 4 looking for new business start ups in Southern Spain - 1 posts
Air Traffic Controllers Strikes July Spain - 19 posts
LUZ CAR RENTAL murcia - 1 posts
CAR RENTAL MURCIA AIRPORT - 18 posts
What is a "refugio agricola"? - 1 posts
Hairdresser - 0 posts
Banc Sabadell Regular Transfer Plan - 4 posts
inheritance tax liability on UK inheritance after leaving Spain - 1 posts
A snapshot or a trend? - 9 posts
Twice as many EU immigrants claiming unemployment benefits in UK than vice versa, new research shows - 15 posts
INHERITANCE TAX ON WORLDWIDE ESTATE OR ONLY SPANISH ASSETS? - 23 posts
Health tourists UK: How much do they cost and who pays? - 6 posts
Dogs defecating - 9 posts
Tenerife for the winter - 0 posts
Propane gas bottle for BBQ - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x