CAR RENTAL MURCIA AIRPORT

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Jul 2015 3:15 PM by paulauk Star rating. 38 posts Send private message

Can anyone recommend a company that does full to full for petrol and includes fully insured on their vehicles?

Thanks

Like 0      
13 Jul 2015 7:22 PM by llamacalmer Star rating in Surrey & La Torre. 318 posts Send private message

llamacalmer´s avatar

We've been using Centauro for around 20 years, and never had a problem with them.

R
osemary

Owner of  8 stray Spanish mutts

Like 0      
13 Jul 2015 7:41 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

I was also, until I decided to buy my own car - Centauro were always highly professional and well priced.

Like 0      
13 Jul 2015 8:13 PM by MikeandHelen Star rating. 193 posts Send private message

We always use Centuaro, after 3 renatals the Gold Club is worthwhile, one or two free rentals a year with the points and the occasional fee upgrade on the car.

Only downside now is that with my own additional insurance policy (icarhireinsurance) they now take a deposit against the 'uninsured' items that the car hire companies don't include in their 'full insurance'.  They didn't used to do this for gold club members. 

We did have an incident a couple of years ago involving damage to a third part which was handled with no issues, no need to claim of the additionl policy.

Like 0      
13 Jul 2015 8:48 PM by sping Star rating in Stockport & Playa Go.... 148 posts Send private message

sping´s avatar

We always go through one of the brokers that hire cars in Spain and have always had a great deal. Majority of best priced cars were provided by either Econorent or Dickmanns. The problem now is that you either pay for their over inflated extra insurance or leave a hefty deposit that takes months to be refunded.

It might be that getting a secon hand car would be the best option!

Like 0      
14 Jul 2015 3:51 PM by nigela Star rating. 415 posts Send private message

You could try Lara Cars - they have no excess insurance - not sure about fuel policy but don't think its a rip off policy.

Like 0      
14 Jul 2015 6:18 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Try hirecarsinspain.com and look for the all inclusive deals. I have just returned from Murcia after using Solmar. Price quoted in the UK was all inclusive and no extras were requested on arrival. It was full/ full and all insurances. I did post a thread about it, but there was very little interest in it sad.

Mark

Like 0      
14 Jul 2015 7:01 PM by sping Star rating in Stockport & Playa Go.... 148 posts Send private message

sping´s avatar

These are the people we use Mark, always have a competative price and if the price drops before you travel they will get the better price for you without any cost or hasle. Worth having a look!

Like 0      
14 Jul 2015 11:10 PM by Mrsubby Star rating. 75 posts Send private message

We always book through doyouspain.com and choose Firefly or centurano.

you have different options on this site, full full. Full empty refund, both at airport terminal and I've never had a problem with them, had problems with gold car though.

always decline their own insurance, and they just put a block on credit card, never had a problem with waiting for any monies, as they just block the amount, until returned, subject to no damage, always take before and after photos just invade, inc mileage and fuel levels.

we use icarinsurance.com for independent excess insurance, check it out.

just tell the hire car company we have our own insurance.

i personally think this helps, as they think your quite savvy!!

take a credit card with you, or the conditions tell you that it is compulsory to take out their own insurance with a debit card.

hope that helps.

Like 0      
21 Sep 2015 11:35 AM by Bb4pp Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

We have always used HTS in Torreviejo which cover Murcia and Alicante Airports. They have an all inclusive price for picking you up at the airport, taking you to your villa/hotel where you hire car will be waiting and then when you want to go back, they pick your car up or you follow to the airport where they collect the car....no insurance is needed as they insure the car, all they ask is you don't drink drive and obviously take care of the car and just send the car backw ith the same fuel that was already in the car when you got it. We found them very professional and no problems whatsoever. It cost us €380 for 2 weeks with transfers and car hire in the summer.

Like 0      
30 Sep 2015 10:01 AM by gimuwegu Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Can anyone recommend a company

Like 0      
30 Sep 2015 11:03 AM by sping Star rating in Stockport & Playa Go.... 148 posts Send private message

sping´s avatar

"Hire cars in Spain" do an all inclusive deal with some companies....

http://www.hirecarsinspain.com

we use this company and had no complaints, you can even talk to them on the phone and get help withthe hireing of a car, if you need it.

Like 0      
30 Sep 2015 11:31 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I am here currently. Classic example when we arrived with another couple. We had all inclusive for 123€ for a week, they had 55€. Add the 90€ for fuel and 14.50 day for the insurance and they drove off having paid over 200€ for the same vehicle!!

As we left, another couple were also having the fuel policy/ insurance arguement. Much easier to go all inclusive :)

Mark

Like 0      
30 Sep 2015 12:02 PM by paulauk Star rating. 38 posts Send private message

LARA CARS

We used the above company at Murcia airport this week and cannot praise them enough.  

It was easy from start to finish - simple to book by email, fully insured in the price given, greeted at arrivals at airport and took 5 mins to do paperwork (no credit card required/No excesses), car was in good clean condition, easy to return and price we paid was very competative.

I have also booked them again for the next time we arrive in Spain at Alicante Airport.

Highly recommend !

Just realised I actually started this thread and am pleased I have answered my own question and hopefully help many more people not get ripped off with car hire in Spain !

Paula F 

This message was last edited by paulauk on 30/09/2015.

Like 0      
13 Apr 2017 10:07 PM by MikeandHelen Star rating. 193 posts Send private message

Update on Car Hire at Murcia Airport.

Here are now only three in Airport companies with others being Off Airport and ‘Meet and greet’. Where a car is parked in the Airport car park and you are met at the airport.

There are plenty of threads about hidden charges for fuel and insurance, and experience with other companies.

Goldcar, Enterprise and Thrifty remain in the Airport Arrive halls, Centuaro has moved off site.

In the past I have used Goldcar who have the longest queues, and Enterprise once who advertised the 7 Seater VW Touran but supplied a 5 seater to use when there was 6 people in our party. Thrifty is a franchise part of the Hertz Group.   

I have arrived at Murcia and picked up a car from Centuaro, and driven from the car park to the arrivals entrance doors before the baggage has been picked up by others in the party, which as you know is always a very quick service. This I particularly helpful if one in the party is disabled which we have done a few times.

I have been a Centuaro Gold Card member for several years and recommended Centuaro to other people, including those renting my villa just 7 minutes drive from Murcia Airport. However, due to the move to outside the Airport I will no longer be using or recommending Centuaro, despite the Gold Club points giving credits towards future hirings, meaning one short visit a year was free car hire..

We have just come back, on arrival we went to the Centuaro minibus, your driver loaded our bags to the rear and I noticed other people getting into the bus, there was no room for us as there is only 8 seats. The driver returned in 10 minutes having left the bags unattended in their Depot  

The receptionist was very pushy when I declined the additional insurances, telling me the car was not fully covered and there was no breakdown cover. I do not require this as I have an annual policy icarhireinsurance.com to cover all the add-ons and breakdown which is far cheaper than the daily charges.

On return I dropped my wife and luggage at the airport and returned the car to your building. This process took about 15 minutes I would say that half an hour should be allowed in cae the bus is full.

Like 0      
13 Apr 2017 10:24 PM by dcp21 Star rating in Mold. 26 posts Send private message

Haven't read all posts. I always use Centauro. Used others and all been fine. Dickmans take a deposit to covetr rental and pay it back several weeks later others pre-authorise to cover damage. You can get full insurance at a lot of cost. Otherwise you are responsible for the excess if any damage is caused, usually about €1000 - €1200. I buy a policy to cover this from insurance4carhire. £40 / year. Loads cheaper. Enjoy

Like 0      
13 Apr 2017 11:33 PM by MikeandHelen Star rating. 193 posts Send private message

A i say in my post, I have used Centuaro for several years but their move off airport is not a good move on their part.

Previously their receptionists haven't been pushy about add ons, and I have accepted their excessive deposit but on this latest occasion after politely declining the receptionist started telling me I didn't have collision damage waver or breakdown cover aand I had to be insistent that I did not require it.

Only thing in their defence is that their depot is the closest to the Airport. Even so, in comparism to previous trips I could have been in my villa before picking the car up from the depot, and say that you need to allow 20-30mins to drop the car off and get the bus, which is only an 8 seater.

Like 0      
15 Apr 2017 7:56 AM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

It's sad to hear the news on Centauro, in the past I've found their service to be exemplary.

But for me the good news is Seguro Parking who I highly recommend if you have your own car.  You just drive up and hand over the keys and go through to the airport etc - marvellous, simple service.  We bought our own car for Spain a few years ago now in reaction to a sudden hike in the hire rates.  

Although rates have come down again we've no regrets as it's far cheaper having your own car if you visit regularly for longer periods and saves all the hassle with form filling and the other fannying around involved with hiring.

Like 0      
15 Apr 2017 10:46 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

After having been stuck at the airport without a car at Easter one year, I would say use a UK agent and pay by credit card.

Agents usually get much better deals than you can.

Also, if short of cars, the Hire company would be messing the agent about as well as you (so does not do it/mucks someone else around) and if it still goes wrong you can get the money back from your credit card.

Try Holiday Autos.

Like acer I now find it more convenient to have my own car. I have a larger car and it has paid for itself over the years. Seguro are good but don't offer discounts. A neighbour now picks me up (I have a garage space).

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

What is a "refugio agricola"? - 1 posts
Hairdresser - 0 posts
Banc Sabadell Regular Transfer Plan - 4 posts
inheritance tax liability on UK inheritance after leaving Spain - 1 posts
A snapshot or a trend? - 9 posts
Twice as many EU immigrants claiming unemployment benefits in UK than vice versa, new research shows - 15 posts
INHERITANCE TAX ON WORLDWIDE ESTATE OR ONLY SPANISH ASSETS? - 23 posts
Health tourists UK: How much do they cost and who pays? - 6 posts
Dogs defecating - 9 posts
Tenerife for the winter - 0 posts
Propane gas bottle for BBQ - 6 posts
Do I Take My White Goods or Buy New in Spain - 13 posts
A legal question relating to offplan Bank debt and resale of Bank repossessed property - 2 posts
NIE - 9 posts
I need a fence putting up!!! - 0 posts
experience with bb4s internet - 0 posts
What is 'Normal' TV in Spain? - 13 posts
job wanted - 4 posts
advice needed - 0 posts
New in Camposol - 4 posts
New to Spain - 0 posts
help....is it doable driving to murcia from uk with 2 drivers & no stop over - 13 posts
How together from Los alcazares to seville - 2 posts
Local Doctors in Spain - 9 posts
Spanish law regarding renting out property short term - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 19

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x