Need blood test done

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Jun 2015 8:18 PM by Madura Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

My husband needs a blood test done.  Has anyone had one done privately.  We are in the Granada region.  Any info re. Would local centre de salud be able to do this.  How much does it cost.  How long for results.  I should add he needs a full blood test and a liver function test.  Many thanks 

This message was last edited by Madura on 30/06/2015.

Like 0      
01 Jul 2015 12:38 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Who told you he needs this test? a doctor? If yes why haven't they given you the information or referred you?

This test would be widely available through the private sector but normally it would be via a referral from a medical professional, surely you would also need a professional to analyze the results as well. Privately the results would be quick, same day probably.

This message was last edited by Team GB on 01/07/2015.

Like 0      
01 Jul 2015 8:26 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

You do not say where in the Province you are, but if you Google   'Laboratorios  granada'  several places come up.

As TeamGB said, just getting a private test does not sound like the answer to the problem you presented.     If you post more info then maybe someone will be able to be more specific in their suggestions.

I have had private tests several times,  over the years, by just going into a laboratory and requesting what i wanted,  but they have always been for something which I understand, so did not need a person (doctor) involved to say what I needed and then to interpret the results.

Like 0      
01 Jul 2015 8:45 AM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

I have monthly blood tests in respect of rheumatoid arthritis, however occasionally I am asked to give as many as 5 samples of various amounts in respect of different tests. How would the doctor/nurse know the amount required if they had no knowledge of what it was required for?

This message was last edited by Hephaestus on 01/07/2015.

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
01 Jul 2015 10:01 AM by GB45 Star rating in Wiltshire and holida.... 130 posts Send private message

The OP says her husband needs a full blood count (FBC) and liver function tests (LFT's), fairly simple tests which as John says you may not even need a doctor to interpret for you.If that's the case the laborotory may be the easiest and cheapest route. I am assuming that the OP is not resident in Spain and just needs the figures for their UK GP. My husband used to have his INR blood test done by a private doctor in Spain, before he bought his own machine. The cost was 40e. I would imagine that tests needing to go to a lab. would cost more.

Like 0      
01 Jul 2015 11:57 AM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

It would be a lot cheaper to buy your own machine.

40 euros for that test is a rip off.

10 yes, 40 NO!

Like 0      
01 Jul 2015 12:44 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

The €40 quote was in respect of taking the blood sample, not conducting a blood test.

How much do the machines cost?

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
01 Jul 2015 1:06 PM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar

If you are not in the Spanish NHS, and not under private health cover, then I would suggest simply going to a private clinic rather than a laboratory.  That way the doctor at the clinic will take the blood, order the tests, and explain the results to you.  There are private medical clinics absolutely everywhere.

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
01 Jul 2015 4:12 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Campo.  The INR machine costs around £350 and the test strips around £80 fpr 24.

My tests are done on the Spanish health Service so free.

£358.80
£358.80

Like 1      
01 Jul 2015 4:30 PM by Madura Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Spend a lot of time in Spain.  Need the tests done every 2 weeks at the moment hence needing them done here a few times.  It was requested by a consultant rheumatologist in the UK.  She asked to be e mailed the results.  Thanks for all the useful replies

Like 0      
01 Jul 2015 5:07 PM by GB45 Star rating in Wiltshire and holida.... 130 posts Send private message

The INR tests are also free on the NHS  at your GP or hospital clinic but your own machine is not. As John said the machine costs around £350. The test strips are free (now) from the NHS so that is a saving. My husband decided to buy his own machine some years ago (much the same one as the private doctor in Spain used)  to save the hassle and cost. Not many people self-tested then but it is beginning to become more popular.

Campo, where would you get around 10/15 minutes of a doctors time for 10e?

Sorry, way off track now!

Like 0      
01 Jul 2015 5:33 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Campo, where would you get around 10/15 minutes of a doctors time for 10 €  ?

It takes my medical centre nurse (not a doctor) around 2 minutes to run the test..

Like 0      
01 Jul 2015 7:22 PM by GB45 Star rating in Wiltshire and holida.... 130 posts Send private message

I'm sure that it does John, nurses are much better at that sort of thing and you wouldn't get a doctor doing it here in the UK either. Unfortunately that wasn't on offer at the (private) doctor we used. You paid for the doctor's time even though you really didn't need it.

Like 0      
12 Jan 2019 1:29 PM by CodyCobey Star rating in Miami, FL. 6 posts Send private message

Private doctors mostly get the payment of their time and location for the patients. We can save our money by avoiding the private doctors for tests.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Thomas Cook Bonus for CEO - 1 posts
MARIA de CASTRO´s Law and Fun in ALCAIDESA - 0 posts
Spanish opera venues - 0 posts
Outdoor web cam or IP Camera - 12 posts
Tunisia Murders - 35 posts
Chris Williams Summer Football Camp Marbella - 0 posts
Let the 2015 females cackling competition start - nominations here - 2 posts
car purchase - 7 posts
air con prices - 1 posts
recommended car hire companies Gerona Spain - 0 posts
New to Eye on Spain - 1 posts
Bank Repossessions - 36 posts
Car insurance for than 90 days on a UK Reg Car - 14 posts
Granada City Centre Traffic Fines - 6 posts
Never again will I book through Do You Spain! - 5 posts
Greek Crisis - 0 posts
We're losing our postal service - 3 posts
NO WORK.....IS SOCIAL SECURITY AVAILABLE? - 3 posts
buses from malaga airport to marbella on Saturday - 1 posts
Is Covera ever opening ? - 2 posts
Repairs to Westminster - 17 posts
Visiting Gibraltar? - 2 posts
Electricity Charges - 7 posts
Demolition Order - 4 posts
Beware The Cowboy Builders Are Back - 23 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x