Tunisia Murders

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Jun 2015 5:57 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

I appreciate that we are never 100% safe anywhere, but I'm damned if I'm ever going to travel to the killers back yards. Logic implies that EU coastal resorts are going to get busier because of the understandable fear of further attacks, however I just wonder how difficult it would be for Islamic terrorists to take their evil acts to the Spanish costas. If Brussels ever allow Turkey to join the EU it will become a portal for isis suicide bombers/killers to walk into any member state with a passport.   

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
27 Jun 2015 6:59 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

If they can kill in France & London ( lee rigby etc ) they can strike anywhere.

Like 1      
28 Jun 2015 11:54 AM by Woodbug Star rating. 371 posts Send private message

Spain raised the terrorist risk to day to High Alert in the aftermath of the Tunisia killings.

Like 1      
28 Jun 2015 12:55 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

The UK has had its fair share of killings, bombings etc over the past 20 / 30 years or so with the IRA and of late the Muslims, plus the general nutters who walk our streets, who stopped traveling about the UK then?  Who stopped going to, say any of our Military Parades because of the Hyde Park bombings and the fact the targets were the Military, Who stopped using trains and buses? 

Spain for all it's virtues pulled it's troops out, or changed tact when the trains got bombed at Madrid, we the UK people don't give in otherwise the rubbish has won.

Would I still go to Tunisia if I had booked to go...Yes.  

Look at the people who still shop in Harrods and that to me has been one prime target for years.

Like 3      
28 Jun 2015 1:52 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

David Cameron was talking about Islam being a religion of peace directly after the Tunisia killings, please correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't it the prophet Muhammad who's recruitment tactics were, 'convert or die' ? Isis is only doing what their evil religion teaches muslims to do, why politicians/school teachers/police officers etc practice anal ascension every time the word Islam is mentioned is a total mystery to me. 

Like 1      
28 Jun 2015 3:00 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

But would you take your children and grandchildren along if you have them!! 

Sorry I wouldn't

Like 1      
28 Jun 2015 4:00 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

My late grandfather had a saying that went something like this.

'Don't trust anyone who never drinks and talks about god a lot'.

Well that's all Islamic states then. yes

Like 2      
28 Jun 2015 5:45 PM by Woodbug Star rating. 371 posts Send private message

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/quran/023-violence.htm

Says it all really!

Like 0      
29 Jun 2015 8:44 AM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

I've just watched the cam recordings, there was a great amount of bravery shown by unarmed hotel staff, they have my respect. yes

Like 0      
29 Jun 2015 9:37 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

But would you take your children and grandchildren along if you have them!! 

Sorry I wouldn't

Yes I would, but not Grandkids as for us we dont take them on holiday, as for the kids if they are old enough then it would be ask first, young one's, If I had them probably yes, where does anyone go abroad to be 100% safe these days if you think about your options, anywhere a foreign coast line is could be a possible target.

But purely a very personal choice and I really do understand when others wont.

Tunisia is more then likely the safest place to go right now, believe it or not.

I am not a fool when it comes to security but in no way will I stop going anywhere because of threat from this kind of NON-HUMAN rubbish, it's what they want.

I expect some people are thinking about not sending their kids on coach trips for a while now as well.

Like 0      
29 Jun 2015 9:48 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Tunisia is more then likely the safest place to go right now, believe it or not.

You are probably right there baz. The Guardian reports that 3500 have left since the attack and 3600 have decided to stay on (these figures must be for the whole tourist area not just the two hotels)

Like 0      
29 Jun 2015 12:58 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

Team GB,

If there is conclusive proof that there are no more delusional young Tunisians who wouldn't think twice about murdering and dying for Allah, and that the supply of AK-47's has dried up in Tunisia, then I'll agree with you, however until then I'll take the risk of travelling to Spain.

Like 0      
29 Jun 2015 1:20 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hep

I think your comments should of been aimed at Baz1946, I agree with you, you wouldn't get me there!

Like 0      
29 Jun 2015 2:36 PM by steone Star rating in Santiago de la Riber.... 383 posts Send private message

It is absolutely terrible what has happened in Tunisia. However it is not unexpected. Anyone who goes to an arab country to sunbathe is asking for trouble as the 'locals' do not approve of near naked people in public. Anyone who says it is now 'safe' to travel to any arab country as there are now armed guards 'protecting' the holiday makers needs to have a reality check. If a place is safe then why are there armed guards?

People should be allowed to make their own choices but why should the rest of us who are more prudent with our choice of destination have to be disrupted by 'extra' planes being used to evacuate the 'adventurous and fool hardy', pay more for our travel insurance because the insurance companies include North Africa as part of Europe, have the NHS pay for the short and long term care of the victims, etc.?

It is about time we all woke up and realised that we can not easily spot the difference between a good arab and a terroist arab and until all the terrorists are 'removed' then don't support the families of these terrorists and future terrorists by spending our money with them. If they want the tourist Euro then they need to guarantee the safety of their visitors and also pay for all the upset to the lives of those victims and future victims. This will not be the last time we will see that some arab terrorist has attacked 'western' holidaymakers in an arab country.

This message was last edited by steone on 29/06/2015.

Like 0      
29 Jun 2015 4:04 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

It is absolutely terrible what has happened in Tunisia. However it is not unexpected. Anyone who goes to an arab country to sunbathe is asking for trouble as the 'locals' do not approve of near naked people in public. Anyone who says it is now 'safe' to travel to any arab country as there are now armed guards 'protecting' the holiday makers needs to have a reality check. If a place is safe then why are there armed guards?

People should be allowed to make their own choices but why should the rest of us who are more prudent with our choice of destination have to be disrupted by 'extra' planes being used to evacuate the 'adventurous and fool hardy', pay more for our travel insurance because the insurance companies include North Africa as part of Europe, have the NHS pay for the short and long term care of the victims, etc.?

It is about time we all woke up and realised that we can not easily spot the difference between a good arab and a terroist arab and until all the terrorists are 'removed' then don't support the families of these terrorists and future terrorists by spending our money with them. If they want the tourist Euro then they need to guarantee the safety of their visitors and also pay for all the upset to the lives of those victims and future victims. This will not be the last time we will see that some arab terrorist has attacked 'western' holidaymakers in an arab country.

It's perfecly acceptable to be near naked on a tourist beach, the same as it's acceptable to drink alcohol in certain places, it's not acceptable to walk around near naked drinking, of the beach or out of the hotel grounds, something that it wouldn't be a bad idea for the UK to adopt.

"If a place is safe then why are there armed guards" best not to use any UK airports then as they are full of Armed Police Guards, and quite a few in plain clothes you don't see. And still an Airport, (Think in Scotland) was attacked.

No one in this country so far has been disrupted because the UK has used up extra planes if going to the favourite EU places, you might have to wait a couple of weeks to get out of Tunisia though, if this government commandeered extra planes that still would have no effect on, say Easy-jet going to Malaga.

I buy a yearly travel insurance and this has not gone up because they include North Africa, they only don't cover 5 countries, so if they choose not to cover Tunisia next year your normal travel insurance still wont go up other then perhaps normal usual increase's.

You pay extra insurance to even go skiing with some insurance companies but if I promise not to my premiums don't rise.

Just because the "Adventurous and fool hardy" end up getting unexpectedly shot, are you now saying the NHS mustn't tend to them.

No one can tell the difference between a good Arab and a Terrorist one that is true, so I take it in the light of whats happening in the UK of late with these kids going to Syria and Iraq you don't spend any money in the shops owned by these kids families, because if you have done you have supported, as it's been proved, future terrorists.

Sorry but if that beach was filled to the brim with young Tunisians chances are these gunmen would have still fired on them just to kill...The Irish killed the Irish...The Iraqi's killed the Iraqi's....And so on.

Like 1      
29 Jun 2015 4:10 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

Why not just classify these areas as potential war zones and cancel all flights from UK airports? The oil rich arab states must be wetting themselves with laughter as they keep on funding these pillocks, knowing that the USA and the UK have to dance to their tune, only Israel has the balls to have a pop at them, albeit said balls being tightly squeezed by the yanks.

I just wonder what the travel insurance providers are currently thinking?. But having said that, we genrally have a national whip round for idiots who travel without insurance. Perhaps compulsory travel insurance with premiums payable commensurate with risk could be the answer.  

Like 0      
30 Jun 2015 9:59 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

What a sad tragedy for all inolved and thoughts go out to familes and friends of the innocent victims

As for the terrorists - they should be shot and buried in unmarked graves with no service and in complete contradiction to their beleifs. As they claim to be Islamic (IS) then they should be buried wrapped in a pig skin

As for the Islamic country leaders they should issue a joint public statement alongside all world leaders condeming this act and IS, the religous leaders of Islam should also issue a public worldwide fatwah for all members of IS

Like 0      
30 Jun 2015 10:43 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

This is the worse bit about the whole sorry affair, that the muslim community, especially more so in the UK, never really rise up to wholly condemn this rubbish, all you get is...He was such a loverly boy...Help anyone out...Never said a cross word and always full of praise for the wonderfull person that they had no idea was training to become a deranged killer. 

The idea of the pig skin was done many years ago by an old time thinking General and it worked, the human rights idiots would have a field day if this ever happened again. 

Like 0      
30 Jun 2015 11:37 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Baz

I agree

Did not know the pig skin had been tried by anyone but the General should be applauded

We live in sad days when criminals get more protection than good honest people

As for the human rights people - they should get over it and understand that terrorists should not have ANY human rights after killing anyone especially innocent victims. Any protection they offer is simply condoning the actions of these idiots

Like 0      
30 Jun 2015 12:02 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Yes, Tadd it was "Supposed" to have happened back around 1899 ish, like most older accounts of past happenings the actual correct recordings of the deed get changed and added to over time, some say it didn't happen, some say it did, depending on what you want to believe, like the Alamo, a thousand starts and a thousand endings, with a good splatter of doubt in the middle.

I prefer to believe it did happen as death is not a punishment because they look forward to that, jailing them only puts costly pressure on the services, job to know best way to punish them really....But pig skins are cheap enough and plentiful.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Chris Williams Summer Football Camp Marbella - 0 posts
Let the 2015 females cackling competition start - nominations here - 2 posts
car purchase - 7 posts
air con prices - 1 posts
recommended car hire companies Gerona Spain - 0 posts
New to Eye on Spain - 1 posts
Bank Repossessions - 36 posts
Car insurance for than 90 days on a UK Reg Car - 14 posts
Granada City Centre Traffic Fines - 6 posts
Never again will I book through Do You Spain! - 5 posts
Greek Crisis - 0 posts
We're losing our postal service - 3 posts
NO WORK.....IS SOCIAL SECURITY AVAILABLE? - 3 posts
buses from malaga airport to marbella on Saturday - 1 posts
Is Covera ever opening ? - 2 posts
Repairs to Westminster - 17 posts
Visiting Gibraltar? - 2 posts
Electricity Charges - 7 posts
Demolition Order - 4 posts
Beware The Cowboy Builders Are Back - 23 posts
Rent or Buy - 6 posts
moving to spain - 10 posts
Astra 2G latest updates - 1 posts
Music Jams - 0 posts
Inconsistent Judicial Rulings and recovery of legal costs and interest (Bank/Insurer claims) - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 36

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x