Never again will I book through Do You Spain!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Jun 2015 12:20 PM by camille Star rating in West Yorkshire & Her.... 121 posts Send private message

camille´s avatar

Not at all helpfull re an overcharge by Firefly. Our booking was made through do you Spain and extra insurance bought at the time of booking. Firefly have charged us an extortionate amount for more insurance! Do you Spain are unhelpful and flippant. Bad attitude. 

Do You Spain have lost a good customer, at least 4 bookings per year for the last 8 years!

Like 0      
23 Jun 2015 12:26 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

I never found them to anything special.

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
23 Jun 2015 2:15 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

camille´s avatar

Not at all helpfull re an overcharge by Firefly. Our booking was made through do you Spain and extra insurance bought at the time of booking. Firefly have charged us an extortionate amount for more insurance! Do you Spain are unhelpful and flippant. Bad attitude. 

Do You Spain have lost a good customer, at least 4 bookings per year for the last 8 years!

Did you buy the seperate insurance on the "Do You Spain" webpage, I ask because if so most rental companies wont accept these policies and will still want to put an amount on your credit card, I don't know if they actually take the amount or not.

I once bought the separate insurance because it was very cheap really knowing full well what would happen at the desk, the rental company told me they don't recognize it and would still take the amount from the card, so I bought the rental extra insurance, came back to the UK told DYS that the insurance via them is no good and got a full refund from the insurance company, no problem.

I would be very surprised if the rental company didn't explain all of this to you.

I have always rented via DYS and never had any problems at all, even got in touch with them over a small matter some years ago which was resolved quicker then you could blink.

I have used Firefly rental so many times and again not once a problem with anything, had decent cars, had upgrades at no extra cost, honestly cant fault them.

Last car some weeks back via DYS cost me £24.00 for 13 days,  extra insurance on top, paid for full tank of fuel, filled up on return, refunded the fuel money back to my credit card the same day I returned the car.

This message was last edited by baz1946 on 23/06/2015.

Like 0      
23 Jun 2015 3:19 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

i dont underdstand why you are taking out extra insurance at the car hire desk like you i am a frequent flyer what I did was take out a separate insurance for £45.00 it covers you for multiple trips last one year thought you would be wise to that scam!

This message was last edited by windtalker on 23/06/2015.
This message was last edited by windtalker on 23/06/2015.

Like 1      
23 Jun 2015 5:39 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

I dont underdstand why you are taking out extra insurance at the car hire desk like you i am a frequent flyer what I did was take out a separate insurance for £45.00 it covers you for multiple trips last one year thought you would be wise to that scam!

Windtalker. Presume your question is directed to me.

I take out the rental companies insurance, yes I know it's more costly then the one's you speak of, probably between !00 & 150€ more (£110 approx.)...Because quite frankly I cant be bothered with any problems should they arise dealing with insurance companies because of knocks / damage etc to the rental car, I know when I come back to the UK I ain't going to have to fill out claims forms and such like.

I deal with insurance companies and claims on a regular basis with my business, some are good on paying out on time...Some are a nightmare in the making, for me dump the car at the airport, job done thankfully.

I honestly don't believe they are a scam, after all as I said pay your money, job done, with a scam you pay your money perhaps on the promise of gaining something and then some wise guy does a runner with your cash. Just me really.

As it is I have never had any problems with any cars, but I do know when you pay cheap...You pay twice, thats how I try to see things.

Like 0      
23 Jun 2015 9:21 PM by rainnedayz Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

I have a rental now, my own insurance policy but when I checked the agreement when I get back I noticed that they had added the extra insurance fee at 17.56 a day and on the agreement it wasn't even called insurance

when I rent I always run a voice recording of the transaction and photograph the car so I called Firefiy, didn't need the recording and they immediately did new agreement, without the charge, lesson learned check the agreement at the desk 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Greek Crisis - 0 posts
We're losing our postal service - 3 posts
NO WORK.....IS SOCIAL SECURITY AVAILABLE? - 3 posts
buses from malaga airport to marbella on Saturday - 1 posts
Is Covera ever opening ? - 2 posts
Repairs to Westminster - 17 posts
Visiting Gibraltar? - 2 posts
Electricity Charges - 7 posts
Demolition Order - 4 posts
Beware The Cowboy Builders Are Back - 23 posts
Rent or Buy - 6 posts
moving to spain - 10 posts
Astra 2G latest updates - 1 posts
Music Jams - 0 posts
Inconsistent Judicial Rulings and recovery of legal costs and interest (Bank/Insurer claims) - 0 posts
Electricty to be charged by the hour - 2 posts
Foreign Asset Declaration Model 720: - 50 posts
Help!! Employer has not paid me or my tax, or his!! - 4 posts
Spanish Lawyer - 6 posts
Holmes car registration service Marbella - 2 posts
Andrew - 5 posts
Buying white goods in Malaga. - 5 posts
Selling property of deceased person - 4 posts
Deposits on car rental - 4 posts
Cleaning Service in Salou - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x